Speed dial was working well on my Torch yesterday and I added contacts to the speed dial and could call them directly from the home screen. Today when I try to use speed dial from the home screen the phone application opens, but doesn't make the call.

For example, holding the 1 key works the same as pressing the green send key.

Does anyone know why this is? I know it worked fine on my phone yesterday. I have been playing with the options a lot. Maybe changing back and forth between universal search and application shortcuts has caused this? But I have tried using speed dial with both options and can't get it to work correctly.

Any ideas or others having the same problem? Thanks!
    javagirlpc likes this.
    08-14-10 01:12 PM
    Speed dial was working well on my Torch yesterday and I added contacts to the speed dial and could call them directly from the home screen. Today when I try to use speed dial from the home screen the phone application opens, but doesn't make the call.

For example, holding the 1 key works the same as pressing the green send key.

Does anyone know why this is? I know it worked fine on my phone yesterday. I have been playing with the options a lot. Maybe changing back and forth between universal search and application shortcuts has caused this? But I have tried using speed dial with both options and can't get it to work correctly.

Any ideas or others having the same problem? Thanks!
    Had same issue on one of the in-store display unit. After I rebooted the phone it worked fine.

Sounds like you need to have a battery pull or Alt+Shift+Del.
    javagirlpc likes this.
    08-14-10 01:18 PM
    Thanks! My speed dial is working fine after a batter pull. I can't get Alt+Shift+Delete to work, does that work on the Torch?
    javagirlpc likes this.
    08-14-10 02:23 PM
    I began having the same problem on my Torch (just started happening) and it was fixed by pulling the battery. Thanks so much for the tip.
    12-08-10 09:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD