...will be the absolute best Blackberry ever,...ever,...ever made! Why? Because just will be.

I was at the AT&T Store toying with the BB 9800,..again. Get this,..it seems to be a lot snappier in responding this time. I decided to do a browser/memory test. I launched 25 websites (left 'em all open) to gauge ow well the RAM stacks up. I then went about accessing different apps and features of the 9800,...and to my surprise, it didn't miss a beat. Note, I tried this test after discovering that my other favorite would be phone only allows for 4 browsers to be open. Yep, the EVO is limited to 4 browsers being open,...and the AT&T guy said the iPhone was limited to 8 browser tabs. So, for me, this puts the 9800 back in the lead as my 9700 replacement.

So, with that said, I believe the 9800's replacement will absolutely slam the comeptition to smithereens,...as RIM will embed a faster processor, with more RAM,...and a bit more battery juice!
    09-27-10 09:10 PM
    The frustrating thing is that the Torch already had the potential to be that dream device of having everything. RIM just didn't pull out all the stops...

But despite all that, the Torch still kicks much arse! And this point, it is the best phone for me, bar none.

It also gives me goose bumps with all the Blackberry "PlayBook" news and the QNX OS. It makes me wonder could we see QNX on a phone in the near future? #dreaming

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 09:21 PM
    Imagine if that Torch in your AT&T store were running one of the .2xx OS versions and not the much slower .141
    09-27-10 09:53 PM
    Hopefully the Torch 2 has a better screen. The screen sucks compared to any high priced smartphone on the market. I don't even like placing my Torch near my iPhone 4 because of the screen differences.

09-27-10 10:39 PM
    RIM wants you to buy the Torch and then the playbook when it's released.
    i think that is why it the Torch doesn't have 1GHz under its hood..
    but it performs well with the current specs.
    09-27-10 10:45 PM
    and then RIM will release 2.0 so they've made the money on the first version & the 2nd. It's just business. In the end something later will always be better than something now. That's progress, evolution, the way of life.
    09-28-10 12:27 AM
    My Vibrant is also limited to 8 open browsers. Who uses 25 tabs at a time anyway....seriously. Torch is a good phone, the Torch2 should obviously be better but by the time it comes out, the competition will have raised the bar also. Its a never ending battle and no phone will ever rule, at least for a long period of time. Sometimes its best to buy what we like, and stop looking at the competition ( which is quite impossible for us tech junkies ).

09-28-10 08:24 AM
    I just want it to be tougher. I just sold mine yesterday bc it was far too delicate for me and I knew I would break it in time. That and it just got "looser" each day.

I want a tough portrait slider blackberry.
    09-28-10 08:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD