Hey hey hey

After having the torch for a few months and a bold before that I have sold them and bought and iphone4. I hear you cry that I'm mad? Am I?

Maybe.

My experience of the torch as a device was good in general but felt it lacked a quality feel. Type on the screen and can feel it move, creaking keys, the foil over the bottom of the touchscreen making a noise... Clicking on the touch screen and getting no response... All added up to frustration.

My carrier didn't really want to know about build issues, they would send for repair yes, but could just get sent a refurb that could be in worse state than mine ( has happened to a few uk voda customers).

Also, took the wifes iPhone to the apple store at the weekend, the home button was creaking. Guy looked at it, examined it, no ifs no buts, just said we will exchange that for you madam, sign here... 10 minutes later we had left the store. That's service.

Yes, the battery life is poor, although the torch ain't brilliant if you use the phone a lot. I am nearly always near a power socket though, so shouldnt be too much an issue.

So, farewell amigos, at least for now, I may be back,lol

S.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 05:00 PM
    01-24-11 05:10 PM
    Bye bye

01-24-11 05:22 PM
    Another kool aid kid !

01-24-11 05:36 PM
    The more time I spend on my Torch after using an iPhone 3G for a couple years, the more I think the 9800 and iPhones are for two very different things and, while they can be compared, shouldn't since they are phones with such different focuses.

01-24-11 06:14 PM
    You will be missed......by someone I'm sure.

01-24-11 06:43 PM
    The more time I spend on my Torch after using an iPhone 3G for a couple years, the more I think the 9800 and iPhones are for two very different things and, while they can be compared, shouldn't since they are phones with such different focuses.

This is where the majority of people fail to realize the smartphone world.

iPhone and BlackBerry's are completely different. Everyone is looking for fancy apps and fancy this or fancy that.

When it comes to messaging, calendar and tasks, basically things to keep your life in order, the BB offers that the best, natively.

When it comes to fun, iPhone has it all.

It's why I own both, BB to keep me organized, iPod Touch 4G to keep me entertained.
    01-24-11 06:49 PM
    Hey, a LOT of people swear by their iPhones. They can't all be high on the Kool-Aid. So good luck with it. And if it ain't what floats your boat, there'll be some new BB's right around the corner that might.
    ;-)

01-24-11 07:14 PM
    Hey, a LOT of people swear by their iPhones. They can't all be high on the Kool-Aid. So good luck with it. And if it ain't what floats your boat, there'll be some new BB's right around the corner that might.
    ;-)

To the OP:
    You gonna regret it. Although I own an iphone, I'm not selling my torch.
    And some of us are part of both worlds. I'm not rich, I just have the lucky opportunity to own both of them and still paid about as much as others pay for 1 phone.

Here it is. My torch, a picture made by my iphone4

01-24-11 07:36 PM
    This is why I have an iPod Touch, to play games. Because really at the end of the day, it's all about "Angry Birds".
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-24-11 09:19 PM
    Think people need to own phones like android for a while to realize that there's a lot of things it does not do nearly as well as BB.

It has a lot of perks, like the UI, app downloading and install. But it has plenty of caveats...
    01-24-11 09:54 PM
    Hey hey hey

After having the torch for a few months and a bold before that I have sold them and bought and iphone4. I hear you cry that I'm mad? Am I?

Maybe.

My experience of the torch as a device was good in general but felt it lacked a quality feel. Type on the screen and can feel it move, creaking keys, the foil over the bottom of the touchscreen making a noise... Clicking on the touch screen and getting no response... All added up to frustration.

My carrier didn't really want to know about build issues, they would send for repair yes, but could just get sent a refurb that could be in worse state than mine ( has happened to a few uk voda customers).

Also, took the wifes iPhone to the apple store at the weekend, the home button was creaking. Guy looked at it, examined it, no ifs no buts, just said we will exchange that for you madam, sign here... 10 minutes later we had left the store. That's service.

Yes, the battery life is poor, although the torch ain't brilliant if you use the phone a lot. I am nearly always near a power socket though, so shouldnt be too much an issue.

So, farewell amigos, at least for now, I may be back,lol

S.

I have all those probs u mentioned w my voda torch 9800 too. Build quality is pathetic to the ip4. N with more ppl with whatsapp, I rly don't have to wry all that much about losing bbm. So iphone will prob b my next fone in 2012 june. Till then I'm stuck on the torch n just gonna live with it!

01-24-11 10:01 PM
    Congrats the i4 is a very solid device. You won't be disappointed......
    01-24-11 11:26 PM
    imagine. someone moving from BB to Iphone.
    01-25-11 12:00 AM
    I've been an bb user for few years now, I changed from 8900 to torch and I wish I didn't
    The build quality is bad, the volume is low for both speaker and handset, the screen rotation is annoying I'm comparing that with the 8900
    But it's to late now I'm stock with it but i wish I got the iphone 4

01-25-11 01:00 AM
    My wife on her third iphone now. 1st Screen broken, 2nd button not working.
    As soon as the new BB device will come out she wants to have one.
    01-25-11 02:00 AM
    Good luck with the iphone 4. Couldn't use it for everyday use, but to each its own. Mainly use my ipod touch for fun stuff. Best of both worlds. I would like to get an iphone as a backup phone. Would be fun!

01-25-11 05:17 AM
    I have the both iphone & torch.
    They are totally different devices.
    You can not compare, Like apple & orange !
    01-25-11 05:24 AM
    Another person looking for reassurance of their choice from BB owners.

One thing people dont realize:

Iphone = no moving parts therefore "feels" solid in the hands.

Torch = sliding mechanism with several buttons and moving parts, no matter how it was built it will always feel flimsy. Even if the thing was made of titanium it would steel "feel" flimsy.

God I'm getting sick of seeing these threads, just buy your iphone and be happy. There's no reason to post threads such as this simply for your own pleasure of turning CB into flame wars. Yes they all end up in flame wars regardless of how well they start out.
    01-25-11 06:43 AM
    I have the both iphone & torch.
    They are totally different devices.
    You can not compare, Like apple & orange !
    no it's like apple and blackberries ;p

@Op, good luck with your phone.

hey guys by the way, I bought white bread yesterday instead of whole wheat, white bread is much better, it feel cleaner ;p
    Last edited by AcADIeN; 01-25-11 at 06:46 AM.
    01-25-11 06:43 AM
    Bought my torch on December 24, and im already thinking of selling it. Theres not even firmware updates for this phone. LMAO
    01-25-11 08:26 AM
    This is where the majority of people fail to realize the smartphone world.

iPhone and BlackBerry's are completely different. Everyone is looking for fancy apps and fancy this or fancy that.

When it comes to messaging, calendar and tasks, basically things to keep your life in order, the BB offers that the best, natively.

When it comes to fun, iPhone has it all.

It's why I own both, BB to keep me organized, iPod Touch 4G to keep me entertained.

That is really the truth, and, there is no other better explanation....

That's why i carry an iPhone 4 and Torch. (and iPad!)

And, for you data junkies, FYi, you can use an iPad data SIM in an iPhone, with no reprecsssions from AT&T. this way, its only $25 a month.
    01-25-11 01:07 PM
    Bought my torch on December 24, and im already thinking of selling it. Theres not even firmware updates for this phone. LMAO
    So in other words if you get an android phone and they don't release an update 1 month after you buy it you will feel like selling it...
    01-25-11 01:32 PM
    no it's like apple and blackberries ;p

@Op, good luck with your phone.

hey guys by the way, I bought white bread yesterday instead of whole wheat, white bread is much better, it feel cleaner ;p
    Yeah, but 100% wheat bread is better and healthier for you.
    01-25-11 04:02 PM
    So in other words if you get an android phone and they don't release an update 1 month after you buy it you will feel like selling it...
    Dont know bout you but os 6 for bbs seems too buggy for me, dont know or care about android phones

01-25-11 05:50 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD