I have Torch 9810, was running on OS7.1. I downgraded it to 7.0 because I was having issue with something (issue is still there lol). Now I want to upgrade it back to 7.1 but it says that I need some Active Subscription something, I've tried the loader.exe method which doesn't work. I've been reading about this loader.exe thing since 2 days, that means I've tried almost all the method available on top forums.
    Plus there is no BlackBerry World app in OS7.0.
    I really need to upgrade it back, is there any way?
    Can I use BBSAK? and If I can then from where should I download the OS file?
    11-22-18 05:04 PM
    If you don't have the OS file, then not really suprising the loader isn't working. You need the OS file. You can download 7.1 from here. - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0354E37BBF44A2 Once you have the OS downloaded, follow this old guide - https://crackberry.com/blackberry-10...ting-system-os making sure to pay attention to the part that mentions the vendor.xml file as you need to delete it.
    marajurap likes this.
    11-22-18 07:19 PM
    If you don't have the OS file, then not really suprising the loader isn't working. You need the OS file. You can download 7.1 from here. - https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...0354E37BBF44A2 Once you have the OS downloaded, follow this old guide - https://crackberry.com/blackberry-10...ting-system-os making sure to pay attention to the part that mentions the vendor.xml file as you need to delete it.
    nopes, this doesn't work either.
    11-22-18 08:15 PM
    nopes, this doesn't work either.
    Then you have something conflicting on your computer or you're missing something in the process.
    marajurap likes this.
    11-22-18 08:18 PM
    Then you have something conflicting on your computer or you're missing something in the process.
    I saw on some forums that phone needs to be turned off and battery out while using loader.exe
    I tried that too.
    It says fatal error.
    11-22-18 08:25 PM
    Ok, I'm gonna give this a one more go. Tell me, after downloading that OS file (which is .exe) should I directly use loader.exe? (Tried, didn't get upgrade. Even the process was of few seconds) or should turn my phone off and battery out and the do the loader.exe thing?
    11-22-18 08:54 PM
    Ok, I'm gonna give this a one more go. Tell me, after downloading that OS file (which is .exe) should I directly use loader.exe? (Tried, didn't get upgrade. Even the process was of few seconds) or should turn my phone off and battery out and the do the loader.exe thing?
    You have to install the downloaded file first. Then remove the vendor.xml file in the installed folder.
    marajurap likes this.
    11-22-18 08:56 PM
    You don't have to worry about using the loader.exe specifically, just follow the instructions on the post I linked for you which even walk you through installing the OS on your computer and removing the vendor.xml file.
    marajurap likes this.
    11-22-18 08:57 PM
    You don't have to worry about using the loader.exe specifically, just follow the instructions on the post I linked for you which even walk you through installing the OS on your computer and removing the vendor.xml file.
    yup, I exactly followed that too, but this OS software does nothing. It just install itself and then nothing, no popup to let me select OS, nothing.

And it's still asking for Active Subscription thing.
    11-22-18 09:05 PM
    You have to install the downloaded file first. Then remove the vendor.xml file in the installed folder.
    Did that.
    11-22-18 09:15 PM
    Did that.
    Try using BlackBerry Desktop Software instead (not to be confused with Link).
    11-22-18 09:56 PM
    Try using BlackBerry Desktop Software instead (not to be confused with Link).
    That's the problem. It's asking for Active BB Subscription
    11-22-18 10:25 PM