Just got an email from RIM saying there's a software update for the Torch.
    Did anyone else get this?.......what exactly is it???
    I'm on 6.0.0.161. The ONLY issue I have is no spell check when entering text on web pages (ie..CB wap, etc..)
    When I try to update, DM shows my software version as 6.0.0.161 and 6.0.0.141 is recommended.
    08-25-10 08:57 AM
    Nope, I didn't get anything. I just checked for software updates and got the message "your blackberry is up to date".
    08-25-10 09:00 AM
    08-25-10 09:02 AM
    Yeah, I got that.
    Whats listed is Software Platform: 6.4.0.64
    I'm just wondering if this is a slight upgrade from the FW the Torch released with.
    I "reported" the lack of spell check and was wondering if this release fixed it.
    Does no one else have the lack of spell check?
    Can someone post to CB from their Torch?
    Misspell something and see if you get a spell check option.
    08-25-10 09:11 AM
    What's funny is that I got one also this morning for my 9700. What is going on?
    08-25-10 09:33 AM
    My Torch will not allow me to click on telephone numbers on web pages. They are not highlighted in blue nor treated as links. I was on the phone with RIM for over an hour last night when it became clear the tech person helping me had never even handled a Torch, let alone had any clue how to navigate one. I finally got her to ask around the room and find someone who had a Torch and get them on the phone. The answer I got is that it is a software issue that they are "well aware" of (but not to the person on the phone with me for 70 minutes) and would be addressed in an upcoming software update. I should also add that this is my third Torch in 10 days. The first one stopped connecting to BB and internet unless I was in wifi after 2 days. The second one would not calibrate. My current one slows to a crawl and gives me the stopwatch of death until I do a battery pull. I would not have gotten this Torch on intro day if my 8900 was not near death.
    08-25-10 07:55 PM
    yeah i got this same email this morning and was pretty excited to get home and try it out. I followed the link to the blackberry update page and it then says there are no new updates for my device...... what gives?
    08-25-10 08:06 PM
    If you look at the about screen on 141 you will see it's Platform Version is 6.4.0.64. There is no update available at this time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 08:21 PM
    I received the email first thing this morning too, but don't see any updates on RIMs site or via DTM. In the past, you get the update notice days before the actual date. So, i'll just keep checking back every now and then
    08-25-10 09:46 PM
    Just got an email from RIM saying there's a software update for the Torch.
    Did anyone else get this?.......what exactly is it???
    I'm on 6.0.0.161. The ONLY issue I have is no spell check when entering text on web pages (ie..CB wap, etc..)
    When I try to update, DM shows my software version as 6.0.0.161 and 6.0.0.141 is recommended.
    No spell check here AND the "sym" key on the physical keyboard doesn't work either. "sym" works on virtual keyboards though
    08-25-10 10:19 PM
    I see that. I'm on it now and no symbols. Predictive txt works tho on the touch screen keypad.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 10:27 PM
    No spell check here AND the "sym" key on the physical keyboard doesn't work either. "sym" works on virtual keyboards though
    Has this issue been fixed in .214?
    09-12-10 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD