Been using it fine for about 3 weeks and today i slid the phone open to reply to a bbm and the screw first got really distorted and switched colours and then turned black. The phone still works as i could answer it when my friend called, but the screen is useless. I called Rogers and they're sending me a new one, but i'm probably going to end up selling it. It's a shame because i really loved the phone, but i had my Curve 8900 (which i'm using now) for a year and a half and it still works perfectly and i've had this for a month at it dies. Using the curve throughout the day has made me remember how much i love the basic blackberry form factor. Blackberry Bold here i come?
    11-11-10 11:53 PM
    Sorry to hear that
    11-12-10 01:31 PM
    your ribbon cable ripped.. this ribbon cable connects the screen and is part of the sliding mechanism. poor design on RIM's behalf in my opinion as this ribbon cable slides with the phone, therefore if it gets caught it rips. same thing happened to my AT&T Torch a couple of weeks ago, still trying to get it fixed.
    11-12-10 02:26 PM
    If the screen moves, doesn't the ribbon cable have to move with it? Not a hardware, techie guy... Just curious...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-12-10 02:34 PM
    Just be careful when it arrives- Rogers sent me a refurb instead of a new one, even after I specifically asked "are you sending me a refurb?"
    11-12-10 04:00 PM
    Just be careful when it arrives- Rogers sent me a refurb instead of a new one, even after I specifically asked "are you sending me a refurb?"

I was under the assumption that after the DOA period (usually 14-30 days) you will get a refurb no matter what because you are putting in a warranty claim.
    11-12-10 04:31 PM
    With Rogers they don't guarantee you will get a new phone. They send out refurbs unless they don't have any, then you will get a new one.

I believe most carriers have this same policy.
    11-12-10 05:41 PM
    At least Rogers sends you a different phone with Bell they require the phone to be sent in for repairs
    11-12-10 06:56 PM
    At least Rogers sends you a different phone with Bell they require the phone to be sent in for repairs
    Really? yeah, that would not impress me.

Rogers sends out the new phone then you send in the old one. Or switch it at a location.
    11-12-10 07:46 PM
    I love my Torch but if it ever messed up, I'd get a Bold 9780 in a heartbeat! White? Yes please! haha
    11-12-10 09:46 PM
    I've decided i'm going to see how the Torch feels when i get it. Honestly i'd have no problem with a refurb phone...i've heard that those were more solid than the original phones. Here's hoping that the Torch is solid and works fine when i get it...i'll try it for a bit but if it's not for me then i'll sell it haha.
    11-13-10 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD