Had mine for almost 5 months and no big problems to speak of yet. I'm a real hard user too, no case, screen protector only, almost always in my front pocket. I drop the damn thing constantly (slightly clumsy by nature), throw it onto tables and crap (lol), and its exposed to much more than it should be (oils, rust flakes, metal flakes, etc) as an equipment mechanic. Like I said I'm a hard user.

Small problems are as follows:

-lower than normal ear speaker volume due to ferrous crap (tiny fragments that have found their way thru the tiny holes on the speaker grille) pinning the cone down to the magnet causing poor cone reverberation.

-chrome finish is rubbing off on front bezel leaving a copper color.

-send/end key panel and trackpad are all scratchy looking and dull.

-sometimes the slider slides hard cuz dirt gets in it.

-some small scratches on the rear camera lens that says "torch" across it

Hmm that's about it, pretty good I think, for treating my phone like a wrench, lol. I could really care less if things get f*cked up on it since parts are so cheap, plus I have a 1yr mfr warranty and I have insurance on it. Honestly I wouldve thought after 5mo of heavy hard use that I'd have more problems, but nope, still a happy torch owner

Howbout everyone else?
    01-11-11 06:14 PM
    Mine is holding up quite well aswell. The only 'issue' I have is a slight movement of the screen when its closed and I push the bottom left corner. And I don't even think I would have noticed it if I hadn't read it on here first. Its a great device!!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-11-11 06:31 PM
    Have it since nov and the otterbox case let it a little loose so I defided to change to AGF GTR but waiting the mail so right now I'm going no case.
    Letting that apart the torch is a rock and fast

01-11-11 06:40 PM
    Love it no problems here. Just wear and tear stuff. But over all awesome phone no complaints

01-11-11 06:44 PM
    @bookemdano - Wow! And I thought I was hard on my phone at times! I pamper mine like it was a billionaire, apparently.

My Torch is doing wonderfully and I've had mine since August. Just minor scruffs and scratches on the bezel (not very noticeable at all) and a tiny little indention on the convenience key. I don't use a case but I have a holster (for a different phone) that I use. I don't have a screen protector at the moment. I had been using one that AT&T put on but it kept interfering with the sensor. Cut the protector down and away from the sensor but then it got on my nerves. So it's naked until I get a different one in.
    01-11-11 07:06 PM
    No problems here works great
    01-11-11 07:08 PM
    I got a white screen of death the 1st weekend after I got the Torch in August and had to replace it with my current Torch.

I had issues with data connection to the point that I could only get email, internet or anything requiring data usage while on a wi-fi network. Wiping the phone was the only thing that fixed it, and I had to wipe it several times before I realized that a specific app seemed to cause the problem. No issues since.

It gets a little smudgy.

Other than that, my phone has been fantastic and I adore it!

<3<3<3
    01-11-11 07:28 PM
    Had mine since October 2010 and comparing to the OP I'm not as hard a user. No real issues although it did suffer a fairly hard fall taking a small small chip of the faux metal rim.

A few little pet peeves with OS6; mainly the curser making responding to texts difficult at times.

Great phone.

01-11-11 07:33 PM
    Does anyone have any physical build issues...or am I the only one?

01-11-11 07:35 PM
    I also have a slight wobble when pressing the green/red buttons with the slider closed.

But some people say it's normal for sliders.
    01-11-11 07:39 PM
    No problems with the physical aspects, I do however experience a random freeze up from time to time, but after 5 years with RIM, I used to it.
    BlackStormRising likes this.
    01-11-11 07:40 PM
    Like a peach!!!
    01-11-11 08:37 PM
    only the normal loose slider problem, the rest is normal for me :P
    still i prefer non-touchscreen bb
    01-11-11 08:38 PM
    Got mine (actually my wife's and mine...got two Torches) in Dec, so have had them for just over a month, and love them. No issues at all. Plus upgraded the OS to .337, and it is even better than previous, especially battery life.
    01-11-11 09:04 PM
    only the normal loose slider problem, the rest is normal for me :P
    still i prefer non-touchscreen bb
    Hehe, I always said "screw touch phones I need real buttons". Then I saw the torch commercial. Got it a few weeks after mainly cuz it was the new BB with a keyboard AND touch.

Now I love the touchscreen, I think now I use it more than the physical KB.

I'm just glad I got a mexico4 built non-wobble phone lol, my screen is still tight after 5mo of hard use
    01-11-11 09:07 PM
    Mine's pampered and solid as a rock. Left/right wiggle is like a nanometer - was prepared for the worst, but was pleasantly surprised. Really can't stand smudgy fingerprints on the touchscreen but whaddya gonna do? I wear it holstered, no screen protector (yet) and don't want a skin since I like the look of the phone as is. Originally planned to give this as a gift to a niece as a graduation present, but got curious, slipped my Bold's SIM card in it and I've been rockin' it ever since. Poor niece. She might be getting a Curve instead. I'm praying this thing doesn't bankrupt me because I'm consuming considerably more data than I thought I would. I sure hope the chrome still looks decent in a year's time....
    01-11-11 10:09 PM
    Mine is holding up quite well aswell. The only 'issue' I have is a slight movement of the screen when its closed and I push the bottom left corner. And I don't even think I would have noticed it if I hadn't read it on here first. Its a great device!!!

I have the same, slight wobbly movement. I haven't even had it a month, but noticed it within the first week. I'm hoping it doesn't get worst with time.

However, in the event that it does get to the point of annoyance and worrisome, is this an easy fix for this type of phone? I mean, I have seen youtube videos of people taking the phone apart and claiming that the wobble can be fixed with minor tightening of the screws. Anyway, I guess warranty should cover something like this if it were to occur.
    01-11-11 10:37 PM
    The only thing I don't like about my Torch is the battery life,

01-12-11 12:14 AM
    The only thing I don't like about my Torch is the battery life,

Yes battery life kinda sucks compared to my 9700.
    01-12-11 02:52 AM
    Mine is flawless! Love it!

01-12-11 04:48 AM
    Well, I'm actually on my 3rd torch right now. Paint started chipping on the first one, second one had the infamous slider wiggle problem and now I'm on my third which has been perfect so far. No technical issues to speak of so far. Still lovin my berry like I did on day one!

01-12-11 05:05 AM
    Recently came back to the Torch. Bought it on release day, but returned it after a week. I just couldn't get used to a touch screen phone. But got used to it after playing with itoys and android devices. I do miss my 8900 and still use it sometimes.

That said, No issues on either of the Torches I've owned. And I just realized I can "swipe" to goto the next/previous email messages.
    01-12-11 06:25 AM
    My battery lasts at least more than half a day. Thats why i carry 2 batteries. But prior to that it works really good.
    01-12-11 06:26 AM
    Had mine for almost 5 months and no big problems to speak of yet. I'm a real hard user too, no case, screen protector only, almost always in my front pocket. I drop the damn thing constantly (slightly clumsy by nature), throw it onto tables and crap (lol), and its exposed to much more than it should be (oils, rust flakes, metal flakes, etc) as an equipment mechanic. Like I said I'm a hard user.

Small problems are as follows:

-lower than normal ear speaker volume due to ferrous crap (tiny fragments that have found their way thru the tiny holes on the speaker grille) pinning the cone down to the magnet causing poor cone reverberation.

-chrome finish is rubbing off on front bezel leaving a copper color.

-send/end key panel and trackpad are all scratchy looking and dull.

-sometimes the slider slides hard cuz dirt gets in it.

-some small scratches on the rear camera lens that says "torch" across it

Hmm that's about it, pretty good I think, for treating my phone like a wrench, lol. I could really care less if things get f*cked up on it since parts are so cheap, plus I have a 1yr mfr warranty and I have insurance on it. Honestly I wouldve thought after 5mo of heavy hard use that I'd have more problems, but nope, still a happy torch owner

Howbout everyone else?
    mine is good as keep it in a case, but when im using the keyboard the screen goes blank for a second and then comes back every now and then!!!!
    01-12-11 06:46 AM
    mine is good as keep it in a case, but when im using the keyboard the screen goes blank for a second and then comes back every now and then!!!!
    I would without a doubt suggest getting an exchange, that sounds like the LCD itself, or the cable connect it could be going, and that wouldn't be a good thing to happen.

My Torch is quite good, although as candy84 and some others have said, I have a slight sideways give in my screen when pushing on it from the left, however besides that I'm quite pleased with my device overall, I've been debating slightly about an iPhone 4 since I do have the option to get one as an exchange, but I'm starting to lean away from that idea.
    01-12-11 07:13 AM
41 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD