hey remember waaaaay back in os 4.6 and so on when you could set a different alert for MMS then for your SMS? did we lose that on os5 and os6 with the 'evolution' of threaded SMS? or am i missing something obvious here! i want different audible alrets for these 2 types of messages (since i pay different rates for each!). thanks.
    11-01-10 04:47 PM
    I think we did lose it, as it's called "Text Messages" and I don't see any other choice for that type of message.
    11-01-10 05:56 PM
    You should be able to do that - I'm running OS5 on my 9100. All I did was open my sms box, and choose message alerts from the main menu. From there you should have options to change the alert, volume, vibration etc on each type of incoming message, bit it sms, mms or email. See if this works for you - hope it helps!
    11-01-10 06:02 PM
    I got seperate alerts on my Torch for tx and MMS and Email.
    11-01-10 07:34 PM
    I got seperate alerts on my Torch for tx and MMS and Email.
    Where do you have that option? On my torch running .284 there is only one option for text messages. There is no distinction between SMS and MMS.
    11-01-10 07:43 PM
    that's what i wanna know about it!!!
    11-02-10 10:33 AM
    I only have the option for "Text Message" and email's(every email account can have a separate tone), not mms or sms separately.

Torch running .284, been that way since .141.

I believe on my 8310 curve, that went away with an upgrade to 5.0.something, although I'm not 100% certain as I have always just used 1 tone for both.
    11-02-10 11:53 AM
    I only have the option for "Text Message" and email's(every email account can have a separate tone), not mms or sms separately.

Torch running .284, been that way since .141.

I believe on my 8310 curve, that went away with an upgrade to 5.0.something, although I'm not 100% certain as I have always just used 1 tone for both.
    yeah! whyyyyyyyyy tho. do u think it is because SMS & MMS appear in the same 'thread' with the new layout? i'm a 4.6 (8900) user going to 6.0 (9800) so i have no idea if this change was carried over from os5 when threaded SMS was introduced...help.
    11-02-10 12:15 PM
    i got Windows live messenger on mine.
    Homescreen/Options/Sounds and ringtones/Sounds for selected profiles/Instant message notifiers that should give you a list of BB messenger alert,messenger groups and BB messenger New messenger and in my case also Windows live mms alert and WL mms New message if i click on any Windows live it brings up sound alerts eg Astute etc. In the drop down box, if you scroll right to the bottom it says all alerts,then just take your pick.
    Last edited by Aybesea; 11-02-10 at 02:35 PM.
    11-02-10 02:32 PM
    For email and tx go as far and click on Sounds for selected profiles and then click on Message notifiers should have alist with your email,level 1 (what ever that is)Pin and TX message then change as above
    11-02-10 02:42 PM
    For email and tx go as far and click on Sounds for selected profiles and then click on Message notifiers should have alist with your email,level 1 (what ever that is)Pin and TX message then change as above
    We know you can have different alerts for text, email, IM's, etc. In your post above you said you have separate options for text and MMS which is not true. Text and MMS are grouped together under the text messages setting in the profiles. The OP is asking specifically about text and MMS, not any of the other items you posted. Windows live is not the same as an MMS message sent from phone to phone.
    11-02-10 03:20 PM
    We know you can have different alerts for text, email, IM's, etc. In your post above you said you have separate options for text and MMS which is not true. Text and MMS are grouped together under the text messages setting in the profiles. The OP is asking specifically about text and MMS, not any of the other items you posted. Windows live is not the same as an MMS message sent from phone to phone.
    should i escalate this matter to RIM?
    11-04-10 11:38 AM
    Late UK time when posted about MMS and TX got bit mixed up with
    Windows Live Instant messenger and MMS, of course there totally different.
    One thing i do miss is a notification delivery alert sound for tx messages like i had with my other phone a Nokia rather than a tick in the box as with the Torch
    11-04-10 12:37 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD