Whenever I receive a text message from a sender like American Airlines where their name/number is a random set of numbers, it will not remove itself from the home page list even if I delete it. If I select it after I have deleted it, it's just a blank message. Any ideas as to how to resolve this? The only thing that has worked for me so far is to reset the phone. I don't want to have to do that each time a message of this type comes in to my inbox.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-25-10 02:27 PM
    It's hard to try and suggest things to try without knowing what device you are using and what version of the OS you are running. Are you using a third party theme? Try switching back to one of the default themes and see if it still happens.
    08-25-10 02:40 PM
    Bad assumption on my part. This is a brand new Torch (purchased from AT&T) running the officially released OS. I haven't changed the themes or added any third party software to date.
    08-25-10 04:31 PM
    I have the same issue with my Torch. Right out of the box. Three of these messages have been on the today screen as unread text messages for three days even though they have been deleated. I haven't tried a re-set but I guess I will.
    08-26-10 08:00 PM
    If you guys are sure you read the messages, do a battery pull. it cleared mine when i had that happen. I believe the problem is when you get a message and delete it prior to opening it, there is a disconnect with updating the notification area.
    08-26-10 08:29 PM
    It's hard to try and suggest things to try without knowing what device you are using and what version of the OS you are running. Are you using a third party theme? Try switching back to one of the default themes and see if it still happens.
    being that he posted his question in the torch forum its pretty obvious what device and OS he is using.

i have the same issue only fix is a battery pull and like the TS said it only happens when its odd numbers and not a regular phone number.
    09-05-10 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD