Alright, just got my Torch, loving it alot more than the Storm2 I had... but being a first slider phone, I am wondering if its normal to have a slight wiggle/play from side to side in the slider when slid open?

Meaning, it moves, but really minimal, normal, or it should move at all? Sorry if it was already said in the past... but I dont really want to get a new one because its not supposed to be like that... have my zagg protection all installed!

JP
    01-29-11 09:06 PM
    Mine moves side to side minimally as well. However it is upto you to decide if you can withstand the wiggle. The newer ones and the refurbs are coming with no wiggle so it depends
    01-29-11 09:12 PM
    Mine moves side to side minimally as well. However it is upto you to decide if you can withstand the wiggle. The newer ones and the refurbs are coming with no wiggle so it depends
    If it doesnt do the phone any harm... I'll keep it... just wondered if it was bad for the phone... its nothing bad at all... just a really really slight small wiggle!

JP
    01-29-11 09:52 PM
    I don't think its gonna do any harm to your phone. I have had my Torch since end of September with the wiggle and hasn't gotten any worse
    01-29-11 10:20 PM
    I got a agf gtr cases and that stopped the wiggle.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-29-11 10:32 PM
    So one could say that a slider phone has a really minial play/wiggle in the slider?

I havt never owned a slider, so just curious!

JP
    01-30-11 10:54 AM
    I'll be going in to exchange my Torch... it wiggles and all... for a 600$ I hope I'll be getting something good!

JP
    02-03-11 07:22 PM
    Fwiw I just got mine back yesterday. Before it went in for repair it had a little bit of movement (when closed) when ever pressing the bottom buttons. It was a little annoying. They replaced the entire LCD slider and now there is absolutely no play, wiggle, rocking, bouncing etc, etc, in the slider...open or closed. It is tight but still glides open/closed very nicely.
    02-03-11 07:31 PM
    Fwiw I just got mine back yesterday. Before it went in for repair it had a little bit of movement (when closed) when ever pressing the bottom buttons. It was a little annoying. They replaced the entire LCD slider and now there is absolutely no play, wiggle, rocking, bouncing etc, etc, in the slider...open or closed. It is tight but still glides open/closed very nicely.
    Thanks!! Mine is only 6 days old... I should have a replacement no problem!

JP
    02-03-11 07:44 PM
    Thanks!! Mine is only 6 days old... I should have a replacement no problem!

JP
    Yes.
    Bell has a 30day 'DOA' policy.
    02-03-11 07:53 PM
    Yes.
    Bell has a 30day 'DOA' policy.
    Yea, the wiggle is noticable, but not that bad, but it annoys me alot!!

So tomorrow morning first thing,,, inot the bell store to exchange it... should I go red/orange?

I just want a phone without wiggle/play/loose in the slider or when closed! It moves from side to side when closed and when open now! Only had it for 6 friggen days!!

Hopefully my new one will be fine!

JP
    02-03-11 07:59 PM
    I thought my phone had more wiggle than it should (and it annoys me too), and like some other posts I thought my trackpad wasn't working very well. So I went to the Telus store today to ask someone's opinion, only they were all busy with customers so I had a look at their demo model. It has pretty much the same amount of screen wiggle, open or closed, and the trackpad was way worse than mine! So now I feel way better about my phone, and won't even think about getting it "fixed" or replaced unless something else happens to it or it gets way worse within the 1 year warranty period. I've had mine for about 6 weeks.
    02-03-11 10:04 PM
    There are several posts with fixes for this. I will not go into it again in a new post. But you can do a search for it the forums, I know it is there because I had the issue and fixed it!
    02-04-11 06:25 AM
    Correct, this has been covered numerous times. To the op, a "slight"-wiggle does not constitute doa. That is laughable. If you want a torch, you're gonna have to get used to the "wiggle". Either that or buy a case.

02-04-11 07:13 AM
    There are several posts with fixes for this. I will not go into it again in a new post. But you can do a search for it the forums, I know it is there because I had the issue and fixed it!
    Can you guys direct me to the fix? The tread?

I would rather fix it than exchanging it!

Thanks
    JP
    02-04-11 07:22 AM
    When I first got my Torch, there was a slight wiggle. I've had my phone for about 5 months (Or more, or less[I can't remember exactly]) but the wiggle has seemed to improve, as in less-wiggle.
    02-04-11 07:22 AM
    I have the same situation too. Very minimal wiggle but I'm afraid as months go by, this will get worse. I actually got the AGF GRT case and there is no wiggle at all. If you don't have one, just treat it very carefully. Don't be pushing on the slider so hard, be gentle with your baby =p

02-04-11 07:23 AM
    If you want a torch, you're gonna have to get used to the "wiggle". Either that or buy a case.
    Had a case.. and it wasnt any better... and my battery last not even half a day... reverted back to the Bell Mobility OS... and not even half a day and teh battery is dead...

JP
    02-04-11 07:23 AM
    Had a case.. and it wasnt any better... and my battery last not even half a day... reverted back to the Bell Mobility OS... and not even half a day and teh battery is dead...

JP
    Not sure what case or os you were using... The AGF grt case fixes the wiggle, .448/450 fixes the battery life.

02-04-11 07:27 AM
    I'd like to find out the post on how to fix the wiggle/play! Anyone???

Then I'll see! I have had .450 on my phone before, and it still had the huge battery drain!

JP
    02-04-11 07:38 AM
    .450 just came out, so I doubt that. Put a sticker on the back of your slider. It'll tighten it up

02-04-11 07:44 AM
    02-04-11 07:49 AM
    .450 just came out, so I doubt that. Put a sticker on the back of your slider. It'll tighten it up

The thing with the phone, is it wiggles a bit, but moves alot more left to right... closed or opened!!

JP
    02-04-11 08:03 AM
    Correct, this has been covered numerous times. To the op, a "slight"-wiggle does not constitute doa. That is laughable. If you want a torch, you're gonna have to get used to the "wiggle". Either that or buy a case.

It might be laughable to some more than others. I took my 1st Torch in to Baka Wireless (Bell) for the loose slider and they DOA'd it on the spot, no questions asked.
    Some people can live with it and for some it's too annoying. Don't judge.

IMO these are not technically fixes or repairs. They merely mask the problem.
    I would take your Torch in to Bell and see what they say. One thing I would caution you on is asking for a different colour. I think it may make them suspicious that it is the reason you are wanting a replacement.

Good luck
    02-04-11 08:21 AM
    It might be laughable to some more than others. I took my 1st Torch in to Baka Wireless (Bell) for the loose slider and they DOA'd it on the spot, no questions asked.
    Some people can live with it and for some it's too annoying. Don't judge.
    I think it depends on the amount of wiggle. Any slider is going to have some amount of wiggle - it's the physics of the mechanism. Someone not used to it might not realize. There have been so many threads with people obsessing over nothing... That said, I'm sure a very small percentage are in fact defective and should be returned.

Then I'll see! I have had .450 on my phone before, and it still had the huge battery drain!

JP
    Since your battery issue is obviously not OS related, it's either going to be down to a bad app or defective device/battery.

Do you have any 3rd party apps that you have installed on all the OS' you've run?
    02-04-11 08:51 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD