Hey, everyone. So, I've had my Torch since it came out in Canada Sept 30. I've noticed lately that the sliding mechanism isn't quite as 'tight' as it used to be. When I press on the green or red phone buttons or the blackberry button, the to portion appears to 'bounce' a bit against the back portion. I just put on the Ottor Box case and at first this made the phone feel more secure, but when I did a battery re-pull I put the case on again and now it seems that the phone is 'looser', if that makes sense. Any suggestions? It used to be fine.
    01-27-11 12:43 PM
    *insert standard "your phone has moving parts" answer here*
    01-27-11 01:07 PM
    You've got wobble. I didn't have it when I first got the Torch over 5 months ago, but after about a week or so -- time which included using the Otterbox -- it developed the precise wobble you describe. I won't necessarily blame the Otterbox (whicj I haven't used since then), but there you are. I could also blame using an OEM leather pocket pouch designed for the Storm because, unlike the actual one for the Torch, one had to pinch the front and back of the device to pull it out. In any even, the wobble is fairly slight, but it hasn't gotten worse since then.
    01-27-11 01:35 PM
    Yup, sounds like you've got the wobble. I had that right out of the box on mine. Per some wise user here whom I currently cannot recall, I stuck a thin strip of foam insulation (the kind that comes in a roll that you put between house foundation and sill) in between the two pieces. Wobble gone, and still hasn't come back.
    zkyevolved likes this.
    01-27-11 01:39 PM
    Ive had mine since it was released in Canada as well. Noticed right after new years the slider has gotten fairly loose. Its pretty bad right now. Will be bringing it in for repairs today after work or tomorrow. Thinking about picking up a 9780 as a replacement till it gets back from repair and then decide which I will keep. Sliders all get loose and this will be my last slider for sure. Cant wait for the Dakota to come out.
    01-27-11 01:50 PM
    Yup, sounds like you've got the wobble. I had that right out of the box on mine. Per some wise user here whom I currently cannot recall, I stuck a thin strip of foam insulation (the kind that comes in a roll that you put between house foundation and sill) in between the two pieces. Wobble gone, and still hasn't come back.
    Could you possibly elaborate? My Torch gets here in a few days and I'd like to know how to do this. I know a lot of people have wobble and I hate wobble! Cya iphone and hello Torch!
    01-28-11 05:07 AM
    If it gets too annoying try the agf grt case. Its not great, but it eliminates the wobble completely.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-28-11 06:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD