My Torch Slider seems very loose and just doesn't feel right.

When the slider is closed the bottom part of the slider easily moves in and out and right to left.

When the slider is open the top part moves to the right and left and in and out as well.

I know there are quite a few posts over this but they all involve some type of fix with tapes, foams and things of that sort. I figure a phone like this should be almost perfect from the get go plus i am sort of looking for a more permanent fix.

I called Amazon and they said i am over the 30day period and i would have to go through ATT. I called them and they offered to send me a refurb phone ? I am not sure if that's very beneficial or better at this point ?

Has there been any permanent fixes or solutions to this problem ? Screws or tightening of something ?

Opinions, Comments ?

Thanks
    Pete
    10-16-10 04:14 PM
    I have a loose slider right from the gecko but I didn't let little things like that bother me. In fact, I think it's better if it's loose because the slide feels smoother. The slider lock mechanism is all the same weather it feels loose or not.
    10-16-10 04:45 PM
    It's upto you but your unit should work just the way it is suppose to work. If you think that it's not working right - take it back and get a replacement. It's just my opinion of course!!
    10-16-10 06:33 PM
    I wouldn't feel bad about walking into a att store and asking for a replacement. Then if you still can't live with it maybe another phone might be the key. Good luck though
    10-16-10 09:18 PM
    Every Torch has a reasonable degree of play, but in your case it seems like it's a bit more intense than that. You might just want to get it replaced. It's worth a shot and you might luck out and get a really solid one.
    10-16-10 10:04 PM
    Putting a case on the torch stables the wiggle issue

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 10:16 PM
    I've had 3 Torches so far and my first one was nice and tight, the second one was EXTREMELY loose. You couldn't type on the screen with the slide closed without it making a "tapping" noise from the slider wobbling. My third Torch is nice and tight as well.

There is definitely a problem with the slider mechanisms and the quality control in the BlackBerry Torch. I love this phone, but it is most likely the last BlackBerry I buy due to the fact that my previous model (Tour 9630) had trackball problems. (I believe it was a known issue).

So to those who have a loose / wobbly slider, send em back. That's not how they're intended to be, and I don't believe that even with wear and tear they will ever get that loose. I guess we'll see though!
    10-16-10 10:55 PM

Which case does this? The otterbox case does nothing to help reduce wobble.
    10-17-10 12:34 AM

And you can read several threads where putting a case on it makes the slider wobble worse when taken off..
    10-17-10 07:22 AM
    I appreciate all the comments, but I just don't feel like I should have to mess with anything for a phone that should be close to perfect when new.

From browsing various forums it seems that they all eventually have some degree of wobble and that very well be a flaw of sliders in general.

I hate to say it but I miss my bold, now that I look at it other than the large screen this phone doesn't do it for me. I don't use the touch and having to constantly use the slider is sort of becoming irritating for the keyboard. Maybe I should consider the new 9780 which Is coming out soon ?

Too bad, I really wish there was a cure or that tightening something would fix this prob.

Thanks

10-19-10 12:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD