So there is SwipeLock, Pattern Lock, etc...
    All of which I have.
    Although Pattern Lock has netted out to be the best for my needs, I'm not happy with it.

I was wondering if there is an app or cfg that will lock and unlock the phone based on the slider mechanism?

I pretty much never use the phone when the slider is closed.
    01-22-11 02:40 PM
    I think they should make an option to do this in swipelock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-22-11 02:44 PM
    would be an excellent preference for Patternlock as well.
    01-27-11 11:51 PM
    Should be easy to implement with SixTools. It already allows you to have a custom sound upon sliding the Torch open and closed. A way to lock it the same way would be awesome.

However, you could set an alphanumeric password that you would have to use the keypad to disable. Kinda sorta does the same thing with no need for another app but is not as "elegant" a solution as it sounds like you are looking for.
    01-28-11 01:33 AM
    I got my Torch recently, and this is the one thing I could not understand. Why is there no configuration for this, rather than needing an app? I remember years ago I had a Samsung slider and it had this option. I love this phone but I really hope they will release this in the next OS update.
    01-28-11 07:57 AM
    dont know if this is what you mean but you can try stormslider,
    it's an iphone style slider locl
    01-28-11 10:08 AM
    ^ he's looking for a way to make it unlock when you slide the screen up/open and lock again when you slide it down/closed.
    Its a very good idea.
    01-28-11 10:19 AM
    ah then i misunderstood my bad .....
    01-28-11 10:48 AM
    Hopefully they have added it in the new leaked version of the OS!
    01-28-11 10:56 AM
    Hopefully they have added it in the new leaked version of the OS!
    God willing.

01-28-11 03:27 PM
    I don't know why RIM didn't have this feature in the first place. I have 2 Sony Ericsson and 2 Nokia slider phones and they all lock when closed and unlock when open. You can also manually lock or unlock it.
    01-28-11 04:06 PM
    I can understand the berry slider working like this, but insure as heck don't want pattern loc to unlock just by sliding the screen open.I think it would be cool with the berryslider that it opened to phone with the screen sled open so you can make a call but the rest is still locked down. I got the free version so there might actually to be a way to do this in the paid app.

01-28-11 04:34 PM
    I can understand the berry slider working like this, but insure as heck don't want pattern loc to unlock just by sliding the screen open.I think it would be cool with the berryslider that it opened to phone with the screen sled open so you can make a call but the rest is still locked down. I got the free version so there might actually to be a way to do this in the paid app.

Ive tried them all(as far as I know) no such luck.

01-29-11 09:18 PM
    Ive tried them all(as far as I know) no such luck.

Have you tried EveryLock yet? I helped Test the app and it has come a long way. The developer listens and responds to feed back very well. It can be set to lock on closing then unlock upon opening. It can also be set to lock and unlocked several different ways. IMHO, it is proving to be a great app.

BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry Store
    01-30-11 06:28 AM
    I personally LOVE the fact that the phone doesn't unlock when you slide it open. It keeps it more secure, and I don't have to worry about just anyone picking it up and using it.
    01-30-11 07:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD