Evening people from a ridiculously snowy England.

This is just a query really I guess as to whether it's possible to turn the touch screen off, IE, use keyboard only??

Now, I'm a fan of touchscreen phones and I still love the Torch.

Here are my problems though:

A) When closing the screen back down, it seems impossible to do without accidentally adjusting the menu size, normally, it just expands fully, even if my thumb pulls down from above the menu bar. Really frustrating.

B) Sometimes, simply when I put the phone down, the screen will revert to a landscape posture. I understand that the phone obviously beleives you to want it in landscape mode, but again, very frustrating.

Any suggestions or advice guys?

Cheers in advance.
    12-19-10 01:29 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean on the first but the second question, it happens to me a lot. Never bugged me as when I pick up the phone it will revert back

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-19-10 01:34 PM
    There are apps you can get that will "lock" your screen to however you like it. I always hated the fact that I would pull it out of my pocket and have to wait for it to orientate to portrait..so locking it out in portrait only will solve this problem. Certain apps can also allow you to decide where and when you want to lock the screen..be it in portrait or landscape. Example: Want homescreen, text messages and BBM locked in portrait mode only..but like the option to tilt into landscape for browsing..these apps will do that. I know SixTools as well as Stoptilt or even Quicklaunch will all allow these customizations.
    12-19-10 01:40 PM
    Basically, to clarify the first question a little more, lets say for example that you've just finished writing and then sending a text message via the standard keyboard.

You then put your thumb on the screen to pull the screen back down. Everytime I do this, it just raises the menu bar or something else, rather than just staying on the standard home screen. Hopefully that's a bit clearer.
    12-19-10 01:52 PM
    Thanks Rickroller, would hit the Thanks button for you if I could see it!

Will investigate some of those apps after dinner! Are they free or carry a fee do you know?
    12-19-10 01:54 PM
    Thanks Rickroller, would hit the Thanks button for you if I could see it!

Will investigate some of those apps after dinner! Are they free or carry a fee do you know?
    I'm pretty sure most of them will carry a fee..but you might be able to find something in App world that doesn't. However..both SixTools and Quicklaunch are amazing apps and well worth the money (especially Quicklaunch..as it also has a screenshot app built in as well)
    12-19-10 01:59 PM
    Ok, thanks. Do you have one installed personally?
    12-19-10 02:14 PM
    Yes..I used both Quicklaunch and Sixtools..although it was Quicklaunch's stoptilit function I used..I used Sixtools for the cool "Star Trek" sound when opening the slider
    12-19-10 02:53 PM
    Basically, to clarify the first question a little more, lets say for example that you've just finished writing and then sending a text message via the standard keyboard.

You then put your thumb on the screen to pull the screen back down. Everytime I do this, it just raises the menu bar or something else, rather than just staying on the standard home screen. Hopefully that's a bit clearer.
    So just to clarify..you're using the onscreen Virtual Keyboard, and then using your thumb to "pull" the keyboard down..correct? If so..you might just need to adjust the vertical swipe sensitivity in the settings..or just try to "flick" it quicker with your thumb
    12-19-10 02:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD