Ok this doesn't make sense. All I want to do is listen to music and radio on my torch using headphones. However I have tried six different pairs which work fine on everything else but on the Torch sound only comes out of one side. What gives?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-22-11 07:53 PM
    Well chances are good the problem is NOT the headphones. I would suspect a damaged/broken/defective headphone jack. If your device is less then a year old, return it for warranty repair. Or take it to a reputable electronics/cellphone repair shop to have it fixed if it's out of warranty.

Good luck
    06-22-11 08:14 PM
    man how could it be damaged when this is literally the first time I have tried to use headphones with it? LOL
    06-22-11 09:28 PM
    Make sure you're plugging the headphones all the way in, until you hear the plug snap into the latch in the jack. When I first started using headphones with my Torch, I thought I might be damaging the jack by pressing the plug so hard. It has gotten easier after weeks of use.
    06-23-11 10:50 AM
    I have pushed as hard as a dare, I even tried the original ones that came with the phone that has the mic. Even that pairs just plays sound through one headset

Make sure you're plugging the headphones all the way in, until you hear the plug snap into the latch in the jack. When I first started using headphones with my Torch, I thought I might be damaging the jack by pressing the plug so hard. It has gotten easier after weeks of use.
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-11 05:53 PM
    Do you have a case on your Torch?

I've noticed the same mono sound output with some cases on my Torch. Some of these cases are too thick and the headphone jack can't reach all the way in to the socket.

If your are not using a case and the jack is all the way in, then your phone is probably faulty. Shock and Horror!

I'm a BES admin and out of the 50 or so BB handsets we have never had none dead on arrival. However one did develop a loose connection to its speaker.

Just like any device, things can break.
    06-23-11 07:50 PM
    If going the repair/return route is problematic, why not try a set of Bluetooth headphones?

I have the Motorola ones, and the sound is awesome. Be very careful of knock-offs on sites like eBay.
    06-23-11 08:54 PM
    I would stay away from the Motorola S_9's. they suck with blackberries. I have three pairs , none work well with blackberries, tried the curve, my BOLD and now my torch .
    06-24-11 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD