Hi Singaporeans,

A friend in S'pore is considering going with either iPhone 4 or BB Torch 9800 to replace her ancient SonyEric phone. Her only true issue is missing her radio. which she loves on long MRT rides commuting. (she wants radio, with DJ personalities, etc etc, not merely listening to songs...).

Can any of you stream FM 91.3 from their website on your Torch (no theories like "should be able to" pls, i need to hear from those who have actually done so or tried to do so).

If she can, she's pretty sold on the 9800 (as her sisters in diff countries have BB). Otherwise, she'll prob go with iPhone (as 91.3 has an iPhone app) and just use yahoo for chat with her family. I'm not there to try it, and I do not have a working BB here (on iPhone, since AT&T said my 9000 is not compatible with their network....long story...).
    11-12-10 05:37 PM
    Can you be a little more specific on the channel. I just did a search for 91.3 radio and came up with about 50 different stations all using 91.3
    11-12-10 05:44 PM
    Can you be a little more specific on the channel. I just did a search for 91.3 radio and came up with about 50 different stations all using 91.3
    Hi Homer,

Sorry, it is the #1 station there, but forgot to include basic information.

the website is Singapore's Number 1 Hit Music Station - 91.3 Today's Best Music and in the right-hand corner is a "Listen Live" link for live streaming. In a normal browser it is a javascript pop-up window. When it streams, it seems to have a basis 10sec intro message, then after a few seconds begins streaming (again, this is on laptop) quite clearly. On iPhone, that Listen Live link does not show up.

Thanks for your help

PS sorry, not sure why but the link keeps changing with I type it: www dot radio913 dot com
    Last edited by RodneyJ725; 11-12-10 at 05:58 PM. Reason: link changed.
    11-12-10 05:57 PM
    Seems it is only available to the iphone. I just tried with my torch and i get nothing on the stream.
    11-12-10 06:07 PM
    Seems it is only available to the iphone. I just tried with my torch and i get nothing on the stream.

thanks for your help and info. it's appreciated
    11-12-10 06:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD