Are those programs that offer scheduled battery pulls handy for the Torch? Are the battery pulls just suppose to clear memory? Is it different from actually turning off the phone and turning it back on? I know the Torch has only 500 megs off RAM but if I close my apps often, are the battery pulls still necessary?
    11-28-10 05:13 PM
    Battery pulls are required to reboot your device when you install apps or themes or the occasional freeze up(yes this happens, even my mighty PC does it lol). None of the apps can do what an actual physical battery pull does. They all do a soft reboot, or the equivalent of holding the alt + shift + del keys simultaneously.

Edit:
    I have not noticed any memory leaks on my torch. I do not do battery pulls to free up memory like I used to have to do on my old BB devices.
    11-28-10 05:17 PM
    The only time I see battery pulls necessary is if the phone seems to running slow or lagging behind. Or even freezing. I rarely use the programs. But yes a battery pull is different from just turning off and on your phone as when you hold the red button on your blackberry all it do is put in a state of standby. It simulates as if you removed the back cover, took out the battery and placed it back in. Easier way Alt + Right Shift + del

I close my apps when I'm finished with them and never had any issues so far with it slowing down or freezing on me. But if you just keeps a free version it wouldn't be bad either.
    11-28-10 05:18 PM
    Battery pulls, keyboard resets and such are one of the other great myths of the
    BlackBerry world.

As the two previous posters correctly stated they should be used when an app
    installs or uninstalls and asks you to. Or when the device completely freezes.

As far a "lagging" (a dumb *** term if you ask me), or for memory management,
    even with the old 64mb devices battery pulls were not necessary. Your device
    is capable of managing memory and does a great job of it.

The apps that schedule restarts are a waste of memory and do nothing more
    than provide a placebo peace of mind. In short, they are all snake oil.
    jcp007 and new_here like this.
    11-28-10 06:06 PM
    Great, thanks for clearing that up.
    11-28-10 06:49 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD