I'm using a torch rite now and i have a chance to grab a new pearl3G real cheap. can i just put my sim in from my torch to the pearl and everything will work on the pearl?
    the pearl is from bell same as my torch.
    thanks
    02-08-11 11:35 AM
    yup you can, I do that everytime when I have to troubleshoot employe's blackberry (Used it in 8220, 8530, 8900, 9700 and 9800 + the 9150 (pearl3g)) Some of them doesn't have data plan so that's why I used mine (I do with my sim card)
    02-08-11 11:53 AM
    Should work.

You will have to do a device switch in Desktop Manager if you use it so that any syncing you do through it will know there's another phone to sync to (the PIN will be different, and DM will know what the new phone is). After that, you will see both phones in the list of devices.

Also, if you use the BIS for your email, you will need to log into the site from a PC so that you can tell it there is a new phone to send emails to (again because the PIN will be different).
    02-08-11 11:54 AM
    Shouldn't have any problems. When I got the Torch, I used the sim from my Curve instead of activating another sim.
    02-08-11 11:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD