I have a new Torch 9800 which I'm slowly getting my head around. The battery has a standby time of about 6 hours which can't be right and I do experience some of the other annoying little things that others seem to be experiencing but as a long term blackberry freak I'm finding new and useful bits and pieces every day so I'd say that i'm coming around after an initial period of doubt about it ! Two of the things I'm struggling with are:-

- The phone screen won't toggle to landscape if I have the phone tipped on it's side.

- I can't figure out how to block delete in landscape mode . . I can use caps/shift and then block the text I want to delete in portrait mode but there's no obvious way of doing it in landscape !

Can anybody help please ?

Many Thanks
    11-26-10 08:57 AM
    The landscape mode is not available if the physical keyboard is being used. BBMenu/Select/ and then use the trackpad to highlight the text.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-26-10 09:06 AM
    The battery has a lousy capacity! indeed.
    i noticed that only by power charging I can get a full day of usage.
    charging by car charger or USD will not provide me half a day!
    11-26-10 09:33 AM
    The battery has a lousy capacity! indeed.
    i noticed that only by power charging I can get a full day of usage.
    charging by car charger or USD will not provide me half a day!
    A bit off topic...Turn down your screen brightness down to 10%. Turn off WiFi and Bluetooth when not in use. Close all apps and any webpages. This should help with your battery life.
    11-26-10 09:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD