I have been following the Torch 9800 for quite some time now, and with only days left until I officially own one I am estatic. It makes me mad everyone is coming in to the BB forums who have iPhone's or Droids and trying to put the BB down. I had an iphone partnered with my BB for the last 3 years. If you ask anyone who has also done the same, they will all tell you the blackberry has the edge. The torch 9800 was built specificaly for Blackberry users. It does everything that us RIM worshipers wanted. Better browsing, better camera, better media player, better calander, Q-keyboard with a touchscreen, wirelessly snyching to my itunes library, an innovative social networking linking application, rediculous short cuts and a search feature that is amazing. Blackberry might not have the best specs but the best team doesn't always win the world series do they? Let's hear some positive things from our community. By the way the only thing my iphone 4 was good for was unlocking it, jailbreaking it and selling it for $1,059 on ebay. Haters take a big gulp of haterade!
    08-06-10 07:17 PM
    ........By the way the only thing my iphone 4 was good for was unlocking it, jailbreaking it and selling it for $1,059 on ebay. Haters take a big gulp of haterade!
    Now that is an entertainment value!
    08-06-10 07:24 PM
    +1 for the OP. Crackberry nation unite against the onslaught of the trolls.
    08-06-10 07:30 PM
    This forum has calmed down a lot compared to a couple days ago. I think a lot of people got bored of beating on the phone and felt their point was made.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-06-10 07:35 PM
    Amen brother. When I see a troll hating on Blackberry, my mind instantly goes to the old saying "misery loves company".
    08-06-10 08:00 PM
    What's funny is that I think there are now more "I hate the haters" threads than there are "haters" threads. Thanks for adding another...lol.

BTW, not everyone you are probably referring to are haters. Many, if not most are just critical and expect more from RIM than just "adequate" or "good.". Can you imagine where RIM would be if nobody challenged their decisions? I shutter at the thought! Companies need to be challenged to be better or they just go on doing the same thing they've always done.

Anyway, the fact is that the 9800 appears to be a nice phone, but it is not flagship material. Many of us are waiting for RIM to return to being a leader instead of a follower.

08-06-10 08:15 PM
    believe me when I say this but there is more trolls in the iPhone forums about the iPhone 4 than for the torch.

Not everybody is going the love any product just get what works for you and keep it moving.

Well that how i simply see it.
    08-06-10 08:22 PM
    i am not a BB hater but the new phone, while sexy looking on the outside has a outdated screen, a **** poor excuse for "fast" processor and still quite slow webbroswer when compared to most phones released in the last 3-4 months. It is a let down for many people to see the new OS too which is really nothing like what it was portrayed to be.
    08-06-10 08:30 PM
    RIM, a leader instead of a follower, has the dominant share of the business porfessional market with a proprietary business communication platform. In the consumer market, a different story. Apple has great performance but has been repackaging the same platform with exterior changes and more apps with great commercials and passing that off as innovation. With the i4, you are stuck with 32Gb of storage. With the Torch, add a 32GB micro SD to the onboard 4GB to get 36GB. The i4 dumbs down the user with apps do your thinling for you. The Torch should have better battery life. By partnering with AT&T, just imagine the jumpstart to R&D acquiring Torch Mobile for the browser. Is everyone starting to get the picture?

08-06-10 08:35 PM
    Blackberry might not have the best specs but the best team doesn't always win the world series do they?
    So.... I guess your conceding that the Blackberry is not better than the other phones? but earlier in the post you said the Blackberry had the edge? Anyways, I don't think people are HATING on the phone, but just stating fact compared to other phones, its a very mediocre phone for this day and age. With that being said, it might be the perfect phone for you.
    08-06-10 08:51 PM
    Don't worry, OP. I have your back.

The seemingly incremental moves by RIM when viewed in totality paint a different picture.

Are you aware of all the technological innovations that AT&T is responsible for in the telecommunications? Leveraging their partnership with AT&T may lead to more aggressive innovation since they would have a mutual vested interest in one another's success. Advancing the webkit browser from Torch Mobile might lead to better browsing. Updates to OS post release may help. Doubling memory to 1GB and managing it more efficiently and enabling the use of the 1Ghz processor with no reduction in battery efficiency. Doubling storage to 8GB making 40GB possible. How long does it take for the i4 to reach 64GB? By that time, the Torch update with these attributes is released, RIM may start to make trolls like you happy. If Apple rests on its laurels long enough, their scenery may not change from the same backside day after day, and find RIM a tiny bit closer in their rear view. Twirl your trackball and tour on out of this device forum.
    08-06-10 10:02 PM

The seemingly incremental moves by RIM when viewed in totality paint a different picture.

Are you aware of all the technological innovations that AT&T is responsible for in the telecommunications? Leveraging their partnership with AT&T may lead to more aggressive innovation since they would have a mutual vested interest in one another's success. Advancing the webkit browser from Torch Mobile might lead to better browsing. Updates to OS post release may help. Doubling memory to 1GB and managing it more efficiently and enabling the use of the 1Ghz processor with no reduction in battery efficiency. Doubling storage to 8GB making 40GB possible. How long does it take for the i4 to reach 64GB? By that time, the Torch update with these attributes is released, RIM may start to make trolls like you happy. If Apple rests on its laurels long enough, their scenery may not change from the same backside day after day, and find RIM a tiny bit closer in their rear view. Twirl your trackball and tour on out of this device forum.
    what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

i know its been done many times but this post deserves it, i read the post 3 times too
    08-06-10 10:08 PM
    I have been following the Torch 9800 for quite some time now, and with only days left until I officially own one I am estatic. It makes me mad everyone is coming in to the BB forums who have iPhone's or Droids and trying to put the BB down. I had an iphone partnered with my BB for the last 3 years. If you ask anyone who has also done the same, they will all tell you the blackberry has the edge. The torch 9800 was built specificaly for Blackberry users. It does everything that us RIM worshipers wanted. Better browsing, better camera, better media player, better calander, Q-keyboard with a touchscreen, wirelessly snyching to my itunes library, an innovative social networking linking application, rediculous short cuts and a search feature that is amazing. Blackberry might not have the best specs but the best team doesn't always win the world series do they? Let's hear some positive things from our community. By the way the only thing my iphone 4 was good for was unlocking it, jailbreaking it and selling it for $1,059 on ebay. Haters take a big gulp of haterade!
    Get over yourself and stop prancing around like pippie longstocking. There is always going to be dislikers whether you like them or not. Go get a handkerchief and wipe your tears.
    08-06-10 10:13 PM
    Get over yourself and stop prancing around like pippie longstocking. There is always going to be dislikers whether you like them or not. Go get a handkerchief and wipe your tears.
    Somehow after just unloading his iPhone4 for a grand, I doubt he is crying
    08-06-10 10:21 PM

I know your "rank" says genius, but this post was anything but. By the way its the Droid I'm twirling, I think people want to know what RIM is doing now, not what they may do 10 years from now, due to their "leverage."
    08-06-10 10:35 PM
    What's funny is that I think there are now more "I hate the haters" threads than there are "haters" threads. Thanks for adding another...lol.

BTW, not everyone you are probably referring to are haters. Many, if not most are just critical and expect more from RIM than just "adequate" or "good.". Can you imagine where RIM would be if nobody challenged their decisions? I shutter at the thought! Companies need to be challenged to be better or they just go on doing the same thing they've always done.

Anyway, the fact is that the 9800 appears to be a nice phone, but it is not flagship material. Many of us are waiting for RIM to return to being a leader instead of a follower.

i am not a BB hater but the new phone, while sexy looking on the outside has a outdated screen, a **** poor excuse for "fast" processor and still quite slow webbroswer when compared to most phones released in the last 3-4 months. It is a let down for many people to see the new OS too which is really nothing like what it was portrayed to be.
    what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

i know its been done many times but this post deserves it, i read the post 3 times too
    Two people that I can agree with haha. I am not a troll, but really... If I say anything remotely like "The phone seems rather sluggish, and still a bit slow. The browser has been improved a lot, but still takes a lot of time to load pages, pinch zooming cannot keep up with my fingers, and the general scrolling is not very smooth, unlike its competitors. I have to say that this phone shows a lot of improvement over previous BBs, I love the design of it, dislike the hardware, but it is a push in the right direction." - Several CBers respond "Stop trolling. If you're not interested in buying this blackberry, GTFO of our forums, and return to your iPhone or Droid forums!" (even though I am a BB user lol...) It just seems that nobody with opposing views is welcomed here, meanwhile the general CB community is bashing the iPhone/Droid left and right.
    08-06-10 10:45 PM
    By the way the only thing my iphone 4 was good for was unlocking it, jailbreaking it and selling it for $1,059 on ebay. Haters take a big gulp of haterade!
    I do not exactly understand your logic - You said that you hate haters, yet you clearly just trolled iPhone users, thus you are a hater... and the people that you addressed as 'haters' are just people that are saying "RIM has all of the hardware that they need in order to release a kickass BB, so why are they giving us a Frankenstein Blackberry (a blackberry composed of parts of old dead blackberries such as the Bold 9000, Curve 8900, Storm 9530/9500, etc.) called the Torch?"

People are not saying "Torch sucks, do not buy it..."; People are saying "Why did RIM put such old hardware into their phone? The phone could have been much better with decent hardware, and if they are going to attract a lot of people to this device, why not put out the best device that they can?"
    08-06-10 10:52 PM
    Its not so much people hating on the phone, as people clearly upset with RIM. There has been the anxious await for OS6 for some time and new BB's to be coming out. You would think with the way people are responding to the Droid and even still the iPhone, that RIM may want to do something to not only excite the RIM junkies (not meaning this in a bad way), but introduce something or at least attempt to max out the ability of what they are producing and introducing into the market. Meaning, for one, a better processor, camera, etc. Yes, its better than RIM's previous standards and marks, but when compared others on the market, the statistics arent that impressive. There isnt that "it" factor to pull people back into RIM or away from their current phone; like the Android platform has been doing consistently on any carrier for the last 8 months. To me its not that the Torch is going to bomb or be a piece, but its one of those things where they are adding up all the hype to OS26 and one would think that with a release of a much needed new OS, they would want to produce something with the Specs and appeal that would capture peoples attention when compared to other phone people may have or may be considering and, again, to me, the Torch just doesnt have it.
    08-06-10 10:52 PM
    08-06-10 11:03 PM
    Whatever.

9800 is a good step in the correct direction. That is something you cannot deny. If it's not groundbreaking enough for you, just too bad. All I know is that the 9800 is a good sign of what's coming our way.
    08-07-10 12:08 AM
    I can't stand people who settles for mediocrity, and that goes for life in general. Life is about succeeding and breaking new grounds, not go by the notion of limiting yourself or one would say "doing just enough to get by".

Last edited by noized77; 08-07-10 at 12:26 AM.
    08-07-10 12:22 AM
    Whatever.

9800 is a good step in the correct direction. That is something you cannot deny. If it's not groundbreaking enough for you, just too bad. All I know is that the 9800 is a good sign of what's coming our way.
    you are smoking good stuff to believe its "groundbreaking" in any way really, its the same speed processor as phones from 1 year ago
    08-07-10 12:34 AM
    I can't stand people who settles for mediocrity, and that goes for life in general. Life is about succeeding and breaking new grounds, not go by the notion of limiting yourself or one would say "doing just enough to get by".

Wow. Get off your high horse. It's a freaking phone.
    08-07-10 01:28 AM
    I know your "rank" says genius, but this post was anything but. By the way its the Droid I'm twirling, I think people want to know what RIM is doing now, not what they may do 10 years from now, due to their "leverage."
    I think 007 is a sexy beast and you're just jealous. It's my opinion, just saying, that's all.....

08-07-10 05:08 AM
    Whatever.

Groundbreaking is not exactly the best word to use :P
    08-07-10 05:47 AM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD