So 3 times now my Torch has mysteriously shut itself off and totally locked itself up while on the charger. Once was while in its cradle on the house charger, and the other two were while on the car charger. All 3 times left the screen and LED totally black and no buttons worked, including the power button. The only way to resuscitate it was to do a battery pull. Anyone else seen this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-09-10 07:50 PM
    YES ! this has been happening to me too and it has only been 3 days since I bought mine. worst thing is it happens while I am charging it, and I am usually asleep. I rely totally on it to wake me up !! This is not cool at all
    01-16-11 07:42 AM
    So 3 times now my Torch has mysteriously shut itself off and totally locked itself up while on the charger. Once was while in its cradle on the house charger, and the other two were while on the car charger. All 3 times left the screen and LED totally black and no buttons worked, including the power button. The only way to resuscitate it was to do a battery pull. Anyone else seen this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    This happened to me on my charge pod when i had it in bedside mode
    01-16-11 08:05 AM
    Area any of you folks by any chance running the Storm Slider on your Torch? I had it but uninstalled it because the phone was acting erratically putting it on and taking it off the charger. Usually it was just the app itself hanging up, but it did a few other strange and annoying things at times. Hasn't happened since I removed Slider. If it's not that, it could be some other app that stays running in the background, or maybe even a theme.

Just throwing it out there...
    01-16-11 08:36 AM
    not in my case. I had Drive Safely, which is now uninstalled, and thats it lol. I guess i dont have very many apps.
    01-16-11 11:51 AM
    Storm Slider made my phone act up before too. I removed it and used Pattern Lock instead. No more problems with that.
    01-16-11 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD