or wait for T-Mobile to get the Torch?

I really, really like the Torch. I played with it a bit at Radio Shack tonight, and holy crap, I almost hated to go home with my 8900, as great as it is. The one thing keeping me from making the jump right this second is that I get 1000 minutes for $40 a month, and AT&T doesn't have anything remotely like that. Is T-Mobile getting a comparable phone soon, or better yet, its own version of the Torch?
    09-14-10 09:13 PM
    I'm in the same boat..I tried out the phone at ATT store a week after launch and really really liked it.

But I am going to wait, atleast for a month or two if not more. Reasons being - As good as the phone is, there seem to be quite a few which are giving troubles (battery heating/keys peeling off/wiggle etc, basically hardware related). I'm hoping the problems will be sorted out soon and there will be more uniformly QA'ed devices coming out. I also saw photos of a white version here on CB, so would like to check it out.
    09-14-10 09:28 PM
    Anyone else?
    09-14-10 09:53 PM
    The Torch will not be coming to an US carrier any time soon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 10:05 PM
    i don't agree jumping ship for the phone..
    look at all the iphone owners out there... and there tons of complains about dropped calls, congested network etc etc..
    i suggest you get the Torch and unlock it, that way you'll still enjoy the 1000 minutes that you have now.
    09-14-10 10:05 PM
    Everyone here will give you a different answer. We don't all live in the same area and have the same phones, so hearing someone else's opinions on coverage and dropped calls is useless.

We don't all speak to the same customer service person either, so that's not gonna help you. Best thing to do is try it out. Get the phone and a plan you're comfortable with. You've got 30 days to make sure you have good reception where you need it and you don't drop too many calls.

If it works for you, keep the service and port your number. As an alternative, I believe I've seen some posts where people have successfully unlocked their Torch and have it running on Tmo.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-14-10 10:08 PM
    or wait for T-Mobile to get the Torch?

I really, really like the Torch. I played with it a bit at Radio Shack tonight, and holy crap, I almost hated to go home with my 8900, as great as it is. The one thing keeping me from making the jump right this second is that I get 1000 minutes for $40 a month, and AT&T doesn't have anything remotely like that. Is T-Mobile getting a comparable phone soon, or better yet, its own version of the Torch?
    I just checked at my site. AT&T gets 59.99 for 900 minutes and 69.99 for unlimited minutes. The phone is only 189.99 and free shipping, so that's 10 bucks cheaper than the AT&T site, anyway...

HTH,
    B.
    09-14-10 10:12 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD