I currently have a 9700 and love it. I've been intrigued with the 9800 since its release. I don't know anyone who has the 9800 though and I was wondering if making the switch is worth it. I have read complaints that the touch screen is not very responsive. Unfortunately, in many of the reviews I read, the 9800 is compared to the iphone or androids. I don't really care to compare it to the iphone, I don't want an iphone, I want to know how the 9800 is as a Blackberry. I've had a variety of Blackberrys for years, and want to stick with them. Any pros or cons regarding the 9800 would be helpful. Thanks
    10-18-10 11:13 PM
    As a previous 9000 and 9700 user, I'd like to say, very loudly, absolutely yes.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-18-10 11:29 PM
    I have read complaints that the touch screen is not very responsive.
    I don't find this to be at all true. My screen is perfectly responsive. My trackpad on the other hand is a piece of crap.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 12:38 AM
    I bought my 9800 in August - a week after it was released, and I can tell that these next two years are going to be awesome. I haven't had any technical problems since the software update came out a while ago, so if you do decide to get it, make sure you update the software because AT&T to my knowledge hasn't updated them. The touchscreen is smooth, and email setup is a breeze. Web browsing is fantastic and user friendly...my favorite feature is using the phone for the phone...one downfall is that if you're in a call that needs for you to use a touch tone pad, the touchscreen pad during the call doesn't work for that, but the number keys on the keyboard work OK. Overall, I would highly recommend it. It's the perfect blend of work and fun...
    10-19-10 01:22 AM
    Get it. HUGE improvement from my 9000.
    10-19-10 05:19 AM
    hi i found the touch screen pad dose work during calls but you have to have the slider closed just like you cant use the touch screen keyboard when slider is out
    10-19-10 08:01 AM
    Please see my post the Torch vs Bold thread. I too have owned both the 9700 and the 9000.
    10-19-10 10:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD