Well this is my first post here. Hello everyone!

Im currently using an IPhone 4. I have had an IPhone since it came out. So I've been using it for about four-five yrs. Just having an IPhone for this long is getting old. I want something different. I have had 3 different 4's and they all have had a couple problems, and all of them have had terrible call quality. Whenever someone calls I "Slide to Answer" and the call fails. So in other words I want a different phone.

So there are two things.

1. I have heard that if you don't by a Blackberry directly through AT&T they void the 1 yr warranty. So if I bought a Torch through Ebay/ Craigslist I wouldn't have a warranty?

2. I also heard that you can't buy insurance for the Torch unless you buy it the day you buy the Torch from the store and sign a new 2 yr contract.

These things are factors because I fell like there are mixed reviews of this phone. Everywhere I look I see amazing things said about the phone, and then I look at another post and see some bad problems with the Torch.

What is your thought on this. I need help. If I don't have insurance or warranty i wouldn't be able to get things fixed like the problems people have.
    10-15-10 11:57 PM
    I can't answer your two questions with 100% certainty, but let me say this:

Every phone has issue and problems. Just like the iPhones, the Torch has issues. Either phone is better at some things and worse at others. It's not going to change once you get the Torch. I will say that I have had no problem at all with dropped calls.

When you get the Torch remember it takes some time to get used to and to customize it to the way you want it - at first it will be very different!

On a side note, I highly suggest apps BerryBuzz and either BerrySlider or PatternLock. They go a long way to improve the user experience of the Torch.
    10-16-10 09:11 AM
    1. AT&T won't offer warranty coverage if you purchase the phone from an unauthorized seller.

2. When I got my Torch at Best Buy, I didn't get insurance but the salesman told me that I didn't need to purchase it right way. I can't remember how long he said I had if I decided to get it in the future, could have been 10 days, could have been 30, but basically it depends on the insurer.
    10-16-10 09:24 AM
    #1 I would bet the farm isn't true and on #2 you gave a grave period (cant remember if it is 14 or 30 days) to get insurance after you buy the phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-16-10 09:24 AM
    AT&T does offer insurance if you buy through them. There are also insurance companies that offer products that cover electronic devices such as the Torch. One I think is call Safeware or something like that. Each company will cover only certain models and/or brands. Be sure to ask.
    10-16-10 10:03 AM
    #1- AT&T is not the company that offers a warranty. RIM is the company that offers a warranty. This is no matter where it is purchased.
    #2- AT&T will allow you to add insurance to your phone for up to 30 days after you purchase the phone from them. (not sure if this is still true if purchased elsewhere)
    10-16-10 12:31 PM
    Others have already answered your questions better than I could, but I'm just curious ... after owning an iPhone since its introduction, why are you thinking of jumping to BB?

FWIW, I've have BB's for several years now, and in all my experience with them I've found them to be bomb-proof. I've had the Torch for a little over a month, I've had zero issues of any kind, and I couldn't be happier with it.
    10-16-10 12:43 PM
    1) the DEVICE is warranted, not your contract or anything AT&T affiliated, RIM just does the warranty claims through the carriers. so your DEVICE is under warranty for a year.

2) safeware is much better than any carrier insurance.
    10-16-10 02:41 PM
    1) the DEVICE is warranted, not your contract or anything AT&T affiliated, RIM just does the warranty claims through the carriers. so your DEVICE is under warranty for a year.

2) safeware is much better than any carrier insurance.
    First, AT&T does offer insurance and the warranty is with RIM. However, the warranty exchange is through AT&T who will send out a refurb. If you file a claim, you will have to pay a deductible for a new replacement phone.

Second, I can vouch for Safeware as I used it on my 8310. I had AT&T insurance on my 9000 and 9700 and now have insurance through AT&T on my Torch. The deductible with Safeware may be less and may not cover the Torch. Visit their website to find out for sure.
    10-16-10 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD