We got 2 Torch's 2 weeks ago. Mine seems to be fine, nothing more than a lot of the issues posted here. The other one has had the following issues:

When playing video, whether local or from youtube there were many times where the screen would just go blockey green or pink. The audio would play in the back but no video. Come out try again and it would play.

Camera button not working. Check convienence key setting and it's still showing "start camera", but when you push it doesn't start the camera.

Today the lock button on top stopped working.

Also trackpad is completly erratic. Sometimes it won't let you scroll to places on the home screen you should be able to scroll to. Or once you are there, scroll out of. Ideas?

You think these are sufficient to get AT&T to give a replacement torch? Actually when the 2nd phone went back to AT&T last night, the video problem went away and could not be reproduced.
    10-27-10 04:28 PM
    Sounds like you must have pissed off the people at AT&T a great deal. Is there anything that didn't go wrong with your device?

If the problem suddenly stopped, maybe a simple reboot should be suffice to get rid of the problem?
    10-27-10 04:39 PM
    We got 2 Torch's 2 weeks ago. Mine seems to be fine, nothing more than a lot of the issues posted here. The other one has had the following issues:

When playing video, whether local or from youtube there were many times where the screen would just go blockey green or pink. The audio would play in the back but no video. Come out try again and it would play.

Camera button not working. Check convienence key setting and it's still showing "start camera", but when you push it doesn't start the camera.

Today the lock button on top stopped working.

Also trackpad is completly erratic. Sometimes it won't let you scroll to places on the home screen you should be able to scroll to. Or once you are there, scroll out of. Ideas?

You think these are sufficient to get AT&T to give a replacement torch? Actually when the 2nd phone went back to AT&T last night, the video problem went away and could not be reproduced.
    Whoofa...

Battery pull fixed them all. Other user reporting 3-4 battery pulls per day. When he handed me the phone just now, it was in a broswer session but none of the buttons would work, couldn't exit, couldn't close, couldn't go backwards or click a link. That's what brought on the battery pull.

Ideas?

I told him get it as locked up as possible and take it back to the AT&T store.
    10-27-10 04:48 PM
    Sounds like your device is messed up - are you sure you're pushing the camera button all the way? It is a two stage button - half press for focus and full press to take picture or launch the camera. The half press does nothing at all unless the camera is running.
    10-27-10 04:48 PM
    I do a battery pull about once every 1-2 weeks. It's not necessary.

What OS is the device running?
    10-27-10 04:49 PM
    I do a battery pull about once every 1-2 weeks. It's not necessary.

What OS is the device running?
    6.0 695 6.0.0.246 6.4.0.105

Should be latest available from AT&T?
    10-27-10 04:56 PM
    That is the latest. You can try upgrading to the latest official OS (not AT&T though) which is .284. The process of wiping and installing a new OS *might* fix your issues. If it doesn't you can be confident in taking it back.
    10-27-10 07:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD