Hi all i really need your help...
    I am using my torch (os6 .337) on provider which have no service books for the web browser so when i receive the service books from my provider, everything works but the web browser does not...
    Thats fine because i took an older blackberry and downloaded the service books from it and restored it in legacy mode to my torch so the the books were merged and everything is fine....
    But today i have added a new email account so I had to resend my service books to my phone so the browser stopped to work.- Nothing surprising... So I enabled the legacy mode "ALT + SBEB" and restored my service books as usualy BUT they were not merged but overwritten... I tried it at least 20 times to resend and restore in legacy mode but the books are always overwritten nor merged... I am desperite - i can use mails but no browser or the browser but no mails...
    Could anyone help me please what to do?
    11-24-10 02:28 PM
    The solution is to set up the additional email and everything you would like to have set up on the older blackberry, (setup your new email, resend the service books on it, etc). Then after you have everything working on the old berry, Back up those service books using DM -> Restore those service books to your Torch and you should be good to go
    11-24-10 02:50 PM
    the problem is that I have the old one not any longer... :-(
    The real question is why the service books are no longer merged even when I am restoring them in the legacy mode....- this kind of restore I made everytime I made an update of the os or whatever and I don't understand why its not working any more.. :-( Or am I doing something wrong???
    11-24-10 02:53 PM
    anyone knows what to do??
    11-25-10 12:05 AM
    anyone knows what to do??
    Find someone with a BB supported by your carrier, get everything setup and working, then backup and transfer the service books to the Torch.

When using a device that is not supported by your carrier, you must keep a backup device that is.

I've never seen service books merged, they are always overwritten.
    11-25-10 12:24 AM
    But how its possible that when I am trying to restore a backup of the servicebooks made yesterday at the time when everything was working (even in legacy mode) it restores everything but the browser tells me that I can't browse the web??
    11-25-10 02:11 AM
    I have resolved the problem...-my provider is delivering duplicated service book "Blackberry Internet Browsing Servise" which causes the browser to be not working... After deleting "Blackberry Internet Browsing Servise 2", my device is fully working again...
    11-25-10 03:30 AM
    I have resolved the problem...-my provider is delivering duplicated service book "Blackberry Internet Browsing Servise" which causes the browser to be not working... After deleting "Blackberry Internet Browsing Servise 2", my device is fully working again...
    Good that you found the problem. This solution seems to affect a lot of Leaked 9700 on OS 6 users. I dont have a problem with 9800.

My Provider does have the "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service 2" and if you see the content of the service books, it actually different than "Blackberry Internet Browsing Service".

- Charles
    11-25-10 05:02 AM
    Don't you know why there is that second service book? - I didn't looked inside the sb but I deleted it and the browser started to work and its definetly running over bis because my non-bis accesspoints like wap and gprs are blocked... It makes no sence...-if its needed, why the browser doesn't work when its there? Maybe its provider specific and related to non supported os6 fromthe side of my provider...I really don't know and its confusing...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-25-10 05:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD