Anyone know if the Torch addresses that old problem of corp e-mail and personal e-mail being grouped together? I've been using BES mailbox by Empower (i think) to get around this problem on my Bold.

Thanks
    08-12-10 07:53 AM
    Hmmm, I've always had them separate - seperate icons - one for Gmail and one called Desktop (Work Exchange).

There is a setting under option to have them treated as separate mailboxes.

Cheers
    08-12-10 08:07 AM
    huh?

If you updated your OS, they already have options separating BES E-mails from personal E-mails from the default message folder.

It was done long time ago around the time when the Blackberry Bold 9700 came out.

New Blackberry users wouldn't understand the heartache of this issue that has been lingering RIM for a long time and I had to tell all my bosses, it's by design lol because it was by design and RIM tells me it's by design... but wow it's been years of headaches.
    08-12-10 08:07 AM
    Really??

I was always told by my AT&T rep it wasn't addressed on the Bold 9700!! Serves me right for taking his word on it.

Thanks for the info!
    08-12-10 08:12 AM
    question is does the corp server get to see the personal e-mail when setup as separate file on the blackberry and comes direct from ISP?
    09-23-10 03:12 PM
    Really??

I was always told by my AT&T rep it wasn't addressed on the Bold 9700!! Serves me right for taking his word on it.

Thanks for the info!
    When you activate BES, a new email icon called Desktop is put on your device. As mentioned above, it was introduced on OS 5.0.
    09-23-10 03:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD