Man, I guess my torch was not meant to be holstered on my side, or maybe I need some advice before I get in trouble. I've had my torch for about two months and on several occasions, roughly about 12-15 times, I have read or composed a text message. After finishing the task, I holster my torch and when I take it out again, I find that I have sent a picture to someone in a text, usually the last picture that I selected in my picture library. Sometimes it has sent about 5 pics in a row. That's very annoying!! Having to apologize that I didn't mean to send that pic. Sent a couple to my pastor!! Any suggestions!!
    12-29-10 07:32 AM
    I would suggest you look at getting a 3rd party app, something like berryslider or patternlock to lock the device. The native lock button the top of the Torch is very sensative. Check BB App World.
    porkskin likes this.
    12-29-10 07:45 AM
    delete your pastor from your phone list?

But yes I agree with the advice to get a different locking app.
    12-29-10 09:09 AM
    I dl'ed patterlock (free version) and it works great.
    12-29-10 09:57 AM
    Maybe one of the official blackberry leather cases??? Hope u didn't send your pastor any naughty pics! Lol

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 10:55 AM
    pattern lock is a good idea...
    12-29-10 10:59 AM
    I never sent a random pic with my Torch. I did have it somehow happen with my curve though. I had texted a stock photo of a cake out to some stranger. Awkward.

I did send a text out to a contact once from my Torch. It was just jibberish of course. They called and asked if I was okay. Got a screen lock after that!
    12-29-10 11:38 AM
    never sent a pic but even using the "stock" lock button and an offical Blackberry holster does not lock the phone. I ended up unhiding, and re-arranging all my apps somehow...not cool. patternlock is a great app to fix these issues.
    12-29-10 03:34 PM
    yea definitely get a 3rd party app
    12-29-10 04:58 PM
    I've been using the password feature to keep my phone locked. You activate it via options..security..password. It creates an icon in the menu where after selecting it, your phone locks and requires a password to unlock. The lock button on the top of the phone doesn't bypass the password feature. I haven't had any issues using this feature. Hope it helps.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-29-10 05:42 PM
    Thanks for the suggestions.. Luckily all pics that were sent out were ok!!
    12-29-10 06:42 PM
    I've had this happen once. I looked at my phone one morning and I had apparently sent some pictures to a friend at 3 am. The pictures looked like they had been taken in my pocket (very dark and nothing identifiable in the pictures), and I had been drinking rather heavily that night, so I thought nothing of it.
    12-29-10 08:12 PM
    If you put a password lock on the phone it will def fix that problem!
    12-30-10 01:12 AM
    I constantly bend/squat at my job and was always unlocking my Torch by accident. Installed Pattern lock (lite) and love it !! No more accidental "errors".
    12-30-10 12:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD