Anyone know where I can find or order seidio extended battery for the Torch? Does it even excist yet?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-11 12:40 PM
    Unfortunately, there is no Torch extended battery f rom Seidio, yet.

02-03-11 12:50 PM
    there are extended batteries..it's just not Seido.

Blackberry 9800 Torch Extended Battery MUST READ - eBay (item 260722505167 end time Feb-14-11 08:23:25 PST)

Cellet Extended Battery for BlackBerry Torch 9800 - eBay (item 310293302965 end time Feb-10-11 10:12:13 PST)

i haven't tried any of these batteries so i really don't know the quality.
    but just to let you know.. if you can't wait, there are choices.
    personally, i don't have trouble going through the entire day with the stock battery..
    i can even go on 2 days ( weekends) with the stock battery
    02-03-11 01:06 PM
    I just did an online chat with Seidio and they are working on one but they said that they have no ETA at this time.
    Last edited by crackhead007; 02-03-11 at 01:27 PM.
    02-03-11 01:10 PM
    @mark_rivers19 I listen to music on my bb a lot, browse a lot, facebook, twitter, bbm, stream and watch videos, ect. So I wanted a better battery life that I can rely on (not saying the standard one isn't, it isn't enough for what I do on it on a daily basis). Also when I upgrade to the Torch 2 I will be using the wifi hotspot feature a lot so I see that extended battery being very useful to me. Don't trust other brands because I have a friend who has bought different brand and they all stopped working after 2 months. Also from what I heard (reviews and what not) that Siedio was the best and trusted brand so I chose to stick with them.

@Crackhead007 thanks for contacting them for me also helpful news to others waiting as well. Good to hear that they're currently working on it and hopefully will drop soon

Btw do you guys think that battery will fit with the hardshell case? Because that's the one I'm currently using.

Last edited by luqman24; 02-03-11 at 02:46 PM.
    02-03-11 02:39 PM
    @mark_rivers19 I listen to music on my bb a lot, browse a lot, facebook, twitter, bbm, stream and watch videos, ect. So I wanted a better battery life that I can rely on (not saying the standard one isn't, it isn't enough for what I do on it on a daily basis). Also when I upgrade to the Torch 2 I will be using the wifi hotspot feature a lot so I see that extended battery being very useful to me. Don't trust other brands because I have a friend who has bought different brand and they all stopped working after 2 months. Also from what I heard (reviews and what not) that Siedio was the best and trusted brand so I chose to stick with them.

@Crackhead007 thanks for contacting them for me also helpful news to others waiting as well. Good to hear that they're currently working on it and hopefully will drop soon

Btw do you guys think that battery will fit with the hardshell case? Because that's the one I'm currently using.

i understand your concern..
    but have you ever considered buying an extra battery instead?
    there are desktop chargers that can charge the phone and the exra battery at the same time..
    that's what i will do.. and at the same time maintaining the thin profile of the phone.
    02-03-11 04:44 PM
    i understand your concern..
    but have you ever considered buying an extra battery instead?
    there are desktop chargers that can charge the phone and the exra battery at the same time..
    that's what i will do.. and at the same time maintaining the thin profile of the phone.
    Not a fan of carrying backup accessories. Its not so bad atm as I can charge it at my college and at home. Just wanted one battery that will do the trick.

02-03-11 07:43 PM
    Just ordered this one:
    Blackberry 9800 Torch Extended Battery MUST READ - eBay (item 260722505167 end time Feb-14-11 08:23:25 PST)

I'll definitely post when I figure out if it's any good.
    02-03-11 08:34 PM
    Just ordered this one:

Make sure you have the adapter and battery with you if you do a battery pull. I heard that the battery needs to be reset with the adapter every time it is pulled.
    02-03-11 08:48 PM
    Just ordered this one:

I dislike these batteries I purchased one before and it completely stopped working after 30 days. Was a complete waste of money.

At least its nice to know that Seidio has finally decided to start on making a extended battery for the Torch after 7 months or so. At this point if Mugen Power comes out with an extended battery, I would pick it up instead of a Seidio as its actually cheaper and lasts longer than any Seidio extended I have ever owned.
    02-03-11 09:13 PM
    i was told by seller you only have to "calibrate" once and can swap you old battery back in anytime.

i think i'll hold off a bit now.

thanks for blazing the trail, please do get back to us with update.
    02-03-11 09:55 PM
    Not being a wiseguy but-- go to 448 and you won't need an extended batt. I'm starting to think I'm back on my good old 9700 with these talk and standby times. :-)

02-03-11 10:14 PM
    Make sure you have the adapter and battery with you if you do a battery pull. I heard that the battery needs to be reset with the adapter every time it is pulled.
    I hope that's not the case.

448 has been sooo good, I really don't need it, but for 20 bucks, ill take twice the battery

*UPDATE
    Received my new battery. I even modded my case to fit it. You can check it out here:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f209/to...battery-584133
    Last edited by SlcCorrado; 02-10-11 at 05:28 AM. Reason: Added link
    02-04-11 07:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD