Ok so I've had my Torch for a few weeks now and a few days after I bought it there was a slight wobble on the screen (after the screen protector was applied and didn't feel like switching it because of that). I noticed today the wobble had gotten worse, whenever I click the screen it wiggles a bit which is kind of annoying. I know I can easily get a replacement at bestbuy but I have a invincible sheild screen protector on it and I was wondering if it can be removed and be re-applied on the new device. If not what can I do to keep the screen protector without paying another $20 for a new (or everytime I get a replacement device). Thanks for the help guys. Appreciated.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-11 09:54 PM
    Until mine falls off I don't care.
    01-12-11 09:57 PM
    Invisible shields really dont reapply too well. You can try it, but more than likely wont look too good.
    My torch has been getting much worse the last little while. I'll have to send it out for repair. Booo.
    01-12-11 10:03 PM
    Invisible shields really dont reapply too well. You can try it, but more than likely wont look too good.
    My torch has been getting much worse the last little while. I'll have to send it out for repair. Booo.
    I also heard that the Invisible shield has a lifetime warrenty, how does this warranty work? Do they send you a new one if you can no longer use your current one?

I wouldve sent it in for repair if it was free at Rogers but Best buy won't repair it they'll just give me a new one.

01-12-11 10:08 PM
    How much worse is it?

More than 3mm?
    01-12-11 11:09 PM
    How much worse is it?

More than 3mm?
    No idea, but I know it got more wobblier (if that's even a word lol)

01-13-11 08:36 AM
    I've had mine about a week now, and I noticed the wobble right away, but it doesn't happen all the time (i.e. not after every time I close the sliding keyboard). I suspect there is a way to take the phone apart and tighten something up, but I'm not willing to be a guinea pig!
    01-13-11 11:54 AM
    I also heard that the Invisible shield has a lifetime warrenty, how does this warranty work? Do they send you a new one if you can no longer use your current one?

I wouldve sent it in for repair if it was free at Rogers but Best buy won't repair it they'll just give me a new one.

Pretty sure the warranty is something like if it rips or turns yellow they'll give you a new one. Not covered for swapping devices.
    01-13-11 06:25 PM
    I've had mine about a week now, and I noticed the wobble right away, but it doesn't happen all the time (i.e. not after every time I close the sliding keyboard). I suspect there is a way to take the phone apart and tighten something up, but I'm not willing to be a guinea pig!
    The only way will be to replace the slider. It happens on all sliders. Basically the rails start getting worn out. Some people will try to fix the worn out rails by putting tape on them and that will work until the tape peels off. Ive had a bunch of slider phones over the years and it happens to all of them. Knew it would happen to the torch and of course it has. Oh well, Im looking at the Dakota now. Cant wait for that to come out.
    01-13-11 06:29 PM
    it happens to all of them. Knew it would happen to the torch and of course it has.
    I've had the Torch for 5 months now and mine is still as solid as a rock when closed. There's a very slight give on one corner when open, but that's been there since about a week after I got it, and it has not gotten any worse. I did return the 1st two Torches I had within the 1st week because of severe wobble, so all Torches are not created equal. If you have one with unacceptablr wobble, switch it out. Make sure to try the new one out in store. I had no problem doing this with AT&T, but non-US carriers might not be so liberal in their exchange policies.
    01-13-11 07:17 PM
    using my hard case has significantly reduced wobble.
    01-13-11 08:28 PM
    using my hard case has significantly reduced wobble.
    Ooh I forgot to mention i'm using the otterbox case and this does make it more noticable. When I take it off its not as wobbly so i'm pretty sure its this case that making it more noticable. How is the hard case might consider buying that. Does it come off easily when u drop like my previous casemate case?

01-13-11 08:53 PM
    From what I heard the otter box case actually lifts the screen up slightly causing more "wobble" and wear over time to the device.

01-13-11 08:59 PM
    I've had the Torch for 5 months now and mine is still as solid as a rock when closed. There's a very slight give on one corner when open, but that's been there since about a week after I got it, and it has not gotten any worse. I did return the 1st two Torches I had within the 1st week because of severe wobble, so all Torches are not created equal. If you have one with unacceptablr wobble, switch it out. Make sure to try the new one out in store. I had no problem doing this with AT&T, but non-US carriers might not be so liberal in their exchange policies.
    Yeah Rogers (Canada) does the samething that's why I got the Bestbuy handset protection plan. They give you a new one instead of going through all the hassle of Rogers sending it out for repair and charging me to do so (I heard $100 to repair it). So if I wanted to I could easily get a new one but wouldn't because of my invincible sheild screen protector. I want to see if there is a way around this issue first if not then I will just go switch it and use the screen protector which came with my otterbox case. Btw is that screen protector good for any of u guys/gals who have tried it?

01-13-11 09:00 PM
    I got my hard case from my local mall... Its quite tight but it reduces the slip & slide that I feel without. Much more control with the sliding and again no wobbles when I type on screen.
    01-13-11 09:01 PM
    I got my hard case from my local mall... Its quite tight but it reduces the slip & slide that I feel without. Much more control with the sliding and again no wobbles when I type on screen.
    Ok that's awesome but on the front piece of the case, does it come off reeally because I had that issue with the casemate case and had to exchange it because of that.

01-13-11 09:09 PM
    If you mean does it come off easy, then no... Not at all. Its actually really difficult to get off!
    01-13-11 09:20 PM
    If you mean does it come off easy, then no... Not at all. Its actually really difficult to get off!
    Lol oops forgot to add eaily. Is it the same one posted on the blog at ShopCrackberry.com?

01-13-11 09:27 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD