Hi everyone,

I have a Blackberry Torch which is a great great phone but since today I can't get the screen to rotate and I find it weird.

I know many people wish to lock the screen but I just find it awkard that it stops all of a sudden. I've tried to check out in the options, nothing is related to that.

Could ya'll help me out ?

Thanks !
    01-24-11 07:31 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-24-11 07:46 PM
    Have you tried a battery pull?

yes i tried twice, I've called Telus, they were no help, saying that the gyroscope might not work anymore.... but in a sudden? Not sure of that...i just hope there is some option related to that!

01-24-11 09:04 PM
    yes i tried twice, I've called Telus, they were no help, saying that the gyroscope might not work anymore.... but in a sudden? Not sure of that...i just hope there is some option related to that!

There isn't. Your situation seems highly unlikely. If its actually broken you're gonna have to do a warranty exchange.
    01-24-11 10:23 PM
    If it's locked in portrait mode then your slider might be the culprit. I think you should check with RIM about this. There was another thread about this problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=572281
    01-24-11 10:24 PM

Wow I hope it is not !I'm with Telus but i've bought it unlocked and it's a Bell Mobility phone, I think the guy told me there was a warranty on it but I didn't want to do all these proceudres cuz I'll have to backup my things and put off the unlock to bring it to them and then unlock it again so I can use it ! I guess I might leave it as is, seems like people rather the portrait mode.

01-25-11 07:02 PM
    If it's locked in portrait mode then your slider might be the culprit. I think you should check with RIM about this. There was another thread about this problem:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=572281
    Thnak you for the link. I've read the last posts, but i'm not sure what to do yet, I thought I could just wait and maybe it will come back as usual....

01-25-11 07:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD