Using a screen protector for this phone reduces the joy and pleasure of the touch screen because we all know this phone cant scratch by touching it. I have an ipod touch and that cannot be scratched even if you wanted to.
    Why waste money on a screen protector when it isnt even needed? All it does is make it look ugly.
    10-13-10 10:46 AM
    Using a screen protector for this phone reduces the joy and pleasure of the touch screen because we all know this phone cant scratch by touching it. I have an ipod touch and that cannot be scratched even if you wanted to.
    Why waste money on a screen protector when it isnt even needed? All it does is make it look ugly.
    What? If that's a chance you want to take, go for it. Being in the military, its not a chance I'm willing to take with an expensive device.
    10-13-10 10:51 AM
    Cool story bro...

Why do you care if some people like the piece of mind that comes with a screen protector? Also, not needing a screen protector on a touchscreen phone is old news to begin with, it's been known for a long time. Some do like them for help with glare and smudges though, so they have more of a use then just protecting from scratches.

Btw, I have seen screens scratch (both an ipod touch and Storm) by someone having sand and dirt in their pockets, so for some it is needed. I don't use screen protectors though.

Oh and what's with the comment about how they look ugly? Do you not know how to properly install them?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-13-10 10:57 AM
    Opinions are like a**holes... everyone's got 'em
    10-13-10 11:03 AM
    I know if I accidentally put my phone in the same pocket as my keys just once...instant scratch. Not taking that chance, a scratch in the middle of the screen would ruin it for me.

10-13-10 11:07 AM
    Does the touch screen functionality still work with a screen protector or does it make it harder to use the touch screen?
    10-13-10 11:51 AM
    Does the touch screen functionality still work with a screen protector or does it make it harder to use the touch screen?
    It doesnt change anything. That was the first question i asked people with touch phones before i purchased the torch.

I will always have a screen protector on my phones. 1 little scratch on my screen will bug the **** out of me and i'm not going to let that happen. I'll spend the $6.00 on a pack of 2 screen protectors that aren't even noticable and they'll last me for a very a long time... Definitely not a waste of money.
    10-13-10 12:55 PM
    I am thoroughly confused by the OP... most of what was said doesn't even make sense.

Most screen protectors are not visible after install... So I can't see how they make the device ugly.

And a good screen protector costs about $1-2....
    10-13-10 12:58 PM
    It may be hard to intentionally scratch the device, but it's quite easy to accidentally scratch it. The sand in your pocket can easily scratch the glass.

10-13-10 01:01 PM
    I use a anti-fingerprint screen protector. Why not? It doesn't look bad. It's not visible, and I don't have to deal with fingerprints all the time.
    10-13-10 01:04 PM
    The iPod screens are made of glass.

The Torch screen is plastic.

Glass is multitutes harder than plastic.

10-13-10 01:13 PM

The Torch screen being plastic is debatable... there have been several posts that are claiming it to be glass. One thread that I read, a poster dropped his Torch and posted pics of the _shattered_ screen. He said it was most definitely glass. A few other people with Torch "mishaps" have claimed the same thing. I don't care to drop mine to find out

Regardless... A good quality, properly installed screen protector is not noticeable, and for most of us, is definitely worth the peace of mind that it brings.
    10-13-10 01:33 PM
    the only noticeable screen protectors are the mirrored ones...used to have one on my old phone, drove me nuts!
    10-13-10 02:11 PM
    Thats great, you win a prize! A screen protector....
    Last edited by Totalimmortal363; 10-13-10 at 02:20 PM.
    10-13-10 02:17 PM

This is not true. I dropped my last Torch and the screen cracked much like glass does. Feels a lot more glass like once its broken. It splinters and cuts like it too. It is definitely glass.

10-13-10 02:28 PM
    The Torch screen being plastic is debatable... there have been several posts that are claiming it to be glass. One thread that I read, a poster dropped his Torch and posted pics of the _shattered_ screen. He said it was most definitely glass. A few other people with Torch "mishaps" have claimed the same thing. I don't care to drop mine to find out

Regardless... A good quality, properly installed screen protector is not noticeable, and for most of us, is definitely worth the peace of mind that it brings.
    You already mentioned it, haha. Sorry, I didn't notice. At least my broken screen answers this debate.

10-13-10 02:31 PM
    This is not true. I dropped my last Torch and the screen cracked much like glass does. Feels a lot more glass like once its broken. It splinters and cuts like it too. It is definitely glass.

Totally sucks that you had to find out the hard way
    10-13-10 02:50 PM

DailyTech - Report: iPhone 4 Glass More Likely to Shatter
    10-13-10 03:12 PM
    Anyone use a "privacy" screen protector? It was a ***** to see through on my 9700 but my buddy has one on his Torch and it works remarkably well. Oh and as to why have a screen protector? The same reason parachutes have a reserve chute, sure the parachute is supposed to open but juuuuust in case.

10-13-10 03:14 PM
    Don't like them because if the phone is laying on the table you can't read it... It gets annoying having to put the phone right in front of your face to see the screen for everything...

That and they do darken the screen...
    10-13-10 03:45 PM
    That explains why I've seen two people walk by me with broken iPhone 4s this week =P I know the glass on the back might look nice and all, but if it makes it this much more fragile it isn't worth it to me.
    10-13-10 04:00 PM
    Apple realized that most of their users value aesthetics over durability/reliability. So in a sense they made the right call on this + the external antenna...
    10-13-10 04:02 PM
    IMO it doesn't change the interaction with the phone. I have read that protectors have interfered with the proximity sensor causing the screen to not go off when on a call.

Mine doesn't cause any issues though.
    10-13-10 04:08 PM
    Anyone use a "privacy" screen protector? It was a ***** to see through on my 9700 but my buddy has one on his Torch and it works remarkably well.
    Where did your buddy get this privacy screen protector? I want to know because there are some that are really expensive(ie: $16(?) casemate) and some really cheap(ebay for $0.01). I must find a good one! Reply on here or PM me pls!

10-13-10 04:16 PM
    Im happy with my screen protector..
    10-13-10 04:27 PM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD