I recently noticed when my phone is closed and I am using the track pad, the phone screen seems to be loose and is moving and makes a clicking noise.

Do you think that this problem can be fixed either through warranty or is it something I can tighten myself. Really annoying...

Does anyone else have the same problem?
    05-04-11 09:08 AM
    it could probablly be fixed under warranty... failing that, you could try the AGF GRT or ENDO case for it. will keep the device nice and snug, and prevent wobble
    05-04-11 09:17 AM
    Thanks Tbrenn...

I am very curious to see if anyone else has had this issue

Just to clarify a bit further, it is just where the buttons/trackpad is where the screen feels loose.

If i hold the phone, looking sideways and just tap the bottom portion, I can see it moving and hear the noticeable clicking sound
    05-04-11 09:37 AM
    Try searching the fourms.. Aparently many people have experienced different types of wobbling. Depending on where it is, different users have posted different solutions of remidies such as tightening / sticking business cards in the back etc...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-04-11 09:54 AM
    Thanks Tbrenn...

I am very curious to see if anyone else has had this issue

Just to clarify a bit further, it is just where the buttons/trackpad is where the screen feels loose.

If i hold the phone, looking sideways and just tap the bottom portion, I can see it moving and hear the noticeable clicking sound
    I've had three Torches, and all of mine have had some sort of movement to the top portion. If your depressing straight down on the bottom portion, and as a result, the top portion is moving up (imagine a see-saw sort of thing) than I've found that to be normal.

Pressing your finger against the left bottom corner of the device, and having it move to the right as a result, is also normal, movement to the left however is not.

I generally have to remind people that unlike 9700/9780s, these devices do have mechanical moving parts, and some slight movement is desirable, otherwise opening the screen would be like grinding two bricks together, so all devices will have some movement in the hinge area.

Using something like an AGF GRT case will help, however I personally prefer the feel of a "naked" phone over one with a case, so it's not a solution for everyone.
    05-05-11 04:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD