I like to use my BB Torch "Blackstar" navigation application as a backup Chart Plotter - GPS navigator on my boat. The problem is when I set it down on the boat's dashboard and cruise along, the screen blacks out after a minute or so. It's very annoying when I'm glancing back and forth at it, and always have to fumble with it to get the screen to show again while I'm driving the boat. I've gone through some of the settings that would seem obvious, like setting the "Backlight Timeout When Battery Level < 25%". The BB battery is never below 25% when this happens.

Thanks in advance for any replies!
    12-20-10 11:37 PM
    Unfortunately unless the app overrides the default screen timeout the longest you can set it is 2 minutes.

Options > Display > Screen Display

Change Backlight Timeout to 2 minutes, and turn off Automatically Dim Backlight.
    12-21-10 06:36 AM
    Thanks for the reply. It's surprises me that there is no way to override this setting. I mean, if I want to drain the battery, let me do it, right!

Thanks for the info.
    12-21-10 07:30 AM
    I know there are some apps out there that accomplish this for you, but dont know any off the top of my head since I dont use them. I'm sure someone will chime in with an app to use, just check back in a while you might find a reply that your looking for.

Edit:
    I think there's an app called keepiton that does what your looking for.
    riverrat3571 likes this.
    12-21-10 07:34 AM
    Edit:
    I think there's an app called keepiton that does what your looking for.
    You were close! I downloaded the trial version of an app named "Leave it on". 45 minutes of it sitting on the desk, and it hasn't dimmed on me.

Thanks!
    12-21-10 02:40 PM
    leave it on I beleive is by shao soft. A mod from these forums, he has several very useful apps. The quintessential app for any OS6 device(specially the torch) six tools.
    12-21-10 02:42 PM
    BlackStar has an "Enable Backlight Lock" menu item that will force the backlight to stay on indefinitely. But if you switch to maps, then the blackstar settings will no longer apply
    12-22-10 07:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD