Hi is anyone experiencing a scratch/chipping of the chrome finish at the bottom inside of the torch due to closing action of the slider.

I never noticed it till recently but its really bugging me now, and i swear its gettin more prominent from further use. Does anyone else have the same problem?
    04-20-11 03:02 PM
    No. Do you (or did you) have any case on it?
    We have lots of them with no problems like you mention.
    04-20-11 03:04 PM
    no case. i went to a phone shop and they said it was part of the design where the slider hits the bottom, it will leave a slight mark over time.
    04-20-11 03:16 PM
    No scratch for me

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-20-11 05:10 PM
    On my phone there is a small gap and no contact is made between the top part and lower part of the phone

04-20-11 05:12 PM
    no scratch on mine. do you slide it closed violently? (I mean rough obviously)

04-20-11 09:02 PM
    Not really. I have a friend with fat hands who did it pretty violently once or twice but that prob wasn't enuff to result in this.
    Maaaan . So I'm pretty much stuck looking at it, based on the shops reaction I won't be gettin anywhere with a replacement.
    Screwed.

04-21-11 05:22 AM
    Ive had my torch since launch day(although my current BB is only a month or so old), I have 0 issues with the bottom bezel scratching due to the closing action. As others have described, I have a slight gap between the top and bottom bezels.

If you feel adventurous, it's quite simple to replace the bottom bezel(the one around the keyboard). 4 screws and a little pry tool(something like your fingernail or a hard guitar pick works great). There fairly cheap too.

This is a good guide on how to get that part off:

Blackberry Torch 9800 Take Apart Repair Guide

And here is the actual part:

Blackberry Torch 9800 Bezel Faceplates Cover Silver Color*::*Torch 9800*::*Blackberry*::*Housing / Faceplates*::*Truesupplier - Blackberry Accessories,iPhone Accessories & HTC Accessories wholesale Co.

So all in all your looking at about 15 minutes to take it off and get a new one on and about 10$ for parts. Not a bad deal and this part is very easy to get off. Unfortunately unless you get the little blue security sticker off intact you will void your RIM warranty.
    04-21-11 08:05 AM
    No problema here.

04-21-11 10:30 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD