01-14-11 12:54 PM
    Kind of late to the party huh? There's a whole new forum to discuss this.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f238/
    01-14-11 01:00 PM

What's to discuss, is the larger question. It's TOO little, and too late, making the whole discussion MOOT for many of us. Discussing it would be akin to discussing Beta vs VHS. WHO CARES????
    01-14-11 01:17 PM
    then why start a thread about something that you dont care about....
    ridesno159 likes this.
    01-14-11 01:26 PM
    +100000000

Maybe you should start practicing how to dance in the rain Dave...
    01-14-11 01:27 PM
    Lol...did you not see who the OP is??

Doesn't matter to that clown. Why try to ruin a streak of 5300+ usesless posts by pointing out forum rules?
    01-14-11 01:28 PM
    +100000000

Maybe you should start practicing how to dance in the rain Dave...
    to give others who do care, a place to vent their frustrations. over and out.
    01-14-11 01:31 PM
    Yep, refer to my first post in this thread for the proper place to do so...
    01-14-11 01:32 PM
    This isn't a rants and raves forum, Dumas.
    01-14-11 01:47 PM
    Yep, refer to my first post in this thread for the proper place to do so...
    what part of "over and out" wasn't clear?
    01-14-11 01:48 PM
    what part of "over and out" wasn't clear?
    What part of BlackBerry Device Help and Discussion Forums > BlackBerry Storm2 puzzles you?
    01-14-11 01:49 PM
    Thread moved.
    Keep it on topic, please.
    01-14-11 02:24 PM
    US: Too little, 250 billion years too late.
    UK: Competitive, up-to-date specs
    01-14-11 04:48 PM
    Thread moved.
    Keep it on topic, please.
    I've been here awhile and really never seen you around. If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a Mod? I'm assuming you know someone.
    01-14-11 04:52 PM
    I've been here awhile and really never seen you around. If you don't mind me asking, how did you become a Mod? I'm assuming you know someone.
    Click on her Twitter link in her signature and you'll know...

Phishgirl does blogs too, notably the weekly Celebrity Sitings, and others.
    01-14-11 05:09 PM
    I've had enough of this bs. Everyone says that android is soooo progressive... So you're telling that the droid pro is an evolution? So the Incredible is different than the DroidX? Sure they have different specs and form-factor is slightly different (one big and one huge) but they perform exactly the same. I'm tired of hearing about how refreshes are bad... I believe the iPhone had 2, TWO, different refreshes... lets see original, 3g, 3gs... I forgot they weren't just refreshes, they were REVOLUTIONARY. F***'s sake the storm3 is double! the specs what the original 2 were. But i digress they, moto and samsung, are releasing all these AWESOME phones that will have dual core procs... That to me sounds like what RIM was talking about with the idea of battery drain.
    01-14-11 05:31 PM
    I've had enough of this bs. Everyone says that android is soooo progressive... So you're telling that the droid pro is an evolution? So the Incredible is different than the DroidX? Sure they have different specs and form-factor is slightly different (one big and one huge) but they perform exactly the same. I'm tired of hearing about how refreshes are bad... I believe the iPhone had 2, TWO, different refreshes... lets see original, 3g, 3gs... I forgot they weren't just refreshes, they were REVOLUTIONARY. F***'s sake the storm3 is double! the specs what the original 2 were. But i digress they, moto and samsung, are releasing all these AWESOME phones that will have dual core procs... That to me sounds like what RIM was talking about with the idea of battery drain.
    you really dont know what you are talking about but android is far beyond RIM in innovation and what it can do.

I already explained the differences of the iphones in another thread. There is a difference.
    01-14-11 05:44 PM
    it isn't coming out till September if then. take a chill pill. rimm is behind and releases devices too slow. not a great position to be in.
    01-14-11 05:46 PM
    Ok sorry for flipping, and in no way was i remotely comparing the bbOS to the android OS, i was merely saying that EVERY one of their phones performs the exact same things. They don't really change but the names and the manufactures. Sorry there are differences also with the 2g 3g and 3gs but all in all they are the exact form with updated (slightly) specs. You wont tell me otherwise.

Furthermore I'm not saying i don't like any of the androids phones, I'm just saying that I'm tired of everyone acting like every phone is totally different and revolutionary. It's crazy to think that the lineup of phones are different... I will say they have improved since the eris or the G1 but standing out... not their strong suit.

With all of this said. I don't think we'll see the S3 that late in the year, and I think when it releases with 6.1 it will be competitive with the other phones out now and then. I read a lot and most of the phones revealed are not rumors, and the S3 is a rumor. So anything can change.
    01-14-11 05:57 PM
    aghhh this RIM vs the world is getting old. REAL OLD.

Android does so many things better than BBs. It's true. But it doesn't matter. Go with what you prefer and what anyone else says shouldn't have an effect.

Storm 3 looks amazing. I don't care about specs on paper. The software of Android is ahead of BB6 IMO. It's hard to compete when you're still on JVM, but we haven't even seen what is coming with 6.1. Also the 8GB internal memory for the Storm 3 is said to allow apps so that's huge. Something drastic must have been done with the architecture of the OS.

In the end I really don't care for the Bionic but that's just me. Maybe when it's optimized fully with dual core in mind for performance and battery but that will take awhile. The specs seem to be very future proof which is good. Still, I definitely prefer the Storm 3 at this point. I need to see more but it's looking like a winner. If you don't agree oh well lol.
    01-14-11 06:20 PM
    I was really hoping for the S3 to be sporting Dual core and QNX. I say dual core because we have been told by RIM that QNX won't go into handsets until they are dual core. I just think that OS 6 is just a band aid. Doesn't really solve a problem, just patches it up until it can be properly addressed. 8Gb shared memory is good and 1.2Ghz processor is also nice...... if they were released today. In 9 months? hmm...... Maybe they will update the specs and go with a later release in lieu of making it into a QNX BEAST. I can only dream. That is about the only thing that will get me to buy it.
    01-14-11 07:27 PM
    I honestly feel they should have released this last year during the original talks of release. This phone will be outdated upon release if the new crop of phones stay at there current pace.
    Chrisy likes this.
    01-14-11 09:18 PM
    I think it will keep those of us around who need a Blackberry, or keep people who like them but are tired of crap. I doubt it will bring back many people who switched to iPhone or Android devices.
    01-15-11 10:45 AM
    Furthermore I'm not saying i don't like any of the androids phones, I'm just saying that I'm tired of everyone acting like every phone is totally different and revolutionary
    I don't know..the Atrix seems pretty revolutionary to me (if it is released the way it's been promo'd). Think about it..being able to use your phone to power a mini-netbook? Basically you could carry around a VERY lightweight shell of a netbook..dock the phone into it and boom. You're powering your own laptop..editing full blown spreadsheets, or documents, or school papers. This is not the same as tethering or Mobile Hotspot..because the phone is the power and guts behind the whole operation. I don't know..that seems pretty awesome to me.
    01-15-11 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD