Title speaks for its self.

http://www.theberryfix.com/telus-set-to-launch-the-blackberry-torch-9800-on-september-16

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 08:57 PM
    08-08-10 08:59 PM
    I'll be there, even if I have to open a new account to get it.
    08-08-10 09:00 PM
    I'll be there, even if I have to open a new account to get it.
    this phone looks laggy and slow os wise like all bb's id wait for next year when telus has hspa+ phones
    08-08-10 09:32 PM
    i was actually gonna get it.. but turns out i stiull have a 1year and half left but maybe ill try and get a early upgrade because CDMA is so awful in my area... but then again think ill just suffer throught it and wait for torch 2?
    08-08-10 09:38 PM
    its a RUMOR date. doesnt mean it will be there then.... rumor dates need to stop... anyone can pull a date out of no where and go oh i think this is when its going to launch and send it as a tip... when the carriers decide to release it, you will know, dont you worry... and you will know a couple days in advance
    08-09-10 12:00 AM
    this phone looks laggy and slow os wise like all bb's id wait for next year when telus has hspa+ phones
    Looks laggy on video. From what I've seen, not one person that has held one in their hand has given it a bad review.

Did you hear the rumor the Blackberry FlameThrower is going to be out next week? Can't wait.
    08-09-10 12:04 AM
    I think this is lame... wasn't the Iphone 4 released in Canada fairly quickly after the US release?? That's a lot of Iphones sold while we wait for Torches. Even then, based reviews and video clips of the Torch, it'll sell but it'll just be another Blackberry model.

I just hope the Iphone doesn't tempt me as I wait for a Storm 3. I don't like the idea of a sliding keyboard and what's the point of having a touch track ball when you have a massive touch lcd screen just above?

Based on how this person wrote this up, I wonder how reliable the rumour is:

Just on the heals of the rumored Rogers launch date for the BlackBerry 9800 Torch we have just received a tip pointing toward a September 16th launch for Telus Communications in Canada. So who�s holding out for the official Canadian launch and who is going to cross the boarder on the 12th and get them self a ATT branded device?
    Last edited by chris9505; 08-09-10 at 05:48 AM.
    08-09-10 05:44 AM
    Hey all.... Another take this for what it's work moment - Telus release Oct 6.
    Got this info from a CR Manager who's been bang on with every other date.

I hope she's wrong because I want sooner!
    08-25-10 10:23 AM
    I have a feeling it's soonner than later. I was told by a tech at Telus that the os6 service books would be pushed a couple of weeks before launch, and this morning I have the new service books on my phone and my browser is working.
    08-25-10 11:23 AM
    That's great news. So you're working flawlessly?
    08-25-10 11:45 AM
    Hmmm. And I know the torch works awesome on rogers.... so that must mean they have had the service books for a little bit too.

I can't wait. I was playing on my friends torch and i love it.

I just can't bring myself to buying one from at&t, because I want to be able to exchange it and have warranty if I have issues like lots of people are having.....
    08-25-10 11:48 AM
    So help me to understand this. Up until this morning when the service books were pushed, 9800's running on Telus had no browsing??
    08-25-10 12:03 PM
    I could not use the BB browser, only Opera.... Everything else worked perfectly though.
    08-25-10 12:29 PM
    Ahhh.. Ok so how did you know they pushed the books? Did you get a notification or you were just trying the bb browser daily?
    08-25-10 12:31 PM
    Ahhh.. Ok so how did you know they pushed the books? Did you get a notification or you were just trying the bb browser daily?
    When the browser is disable it is not visible, when the books are pushed it pops up.
    08-25-10 02:55 PM
    It was there, I just got a service books error message when I tried to use it. I have tried it several times a day...

It always worked on wifi, just not Telus's network.
    08-25-10 03:08 PM
    make it simple....just head to buffalo, find a best buy or walmart...pay for it and you're done!! i did that last week while in michigan.
    08-25-10 04:42 PM
    make it simple....just head to buffalo, find a best buy or walmart...pay for it and you're done!! i did that last week while in michigan.
    you kinda have to unlock it... and there's the issue of carrier branding and subsidization.
    08-25-10 09:15 PM
    Ill wait, save a couple hundred with contract pricing and make sure I've got a place to take it if I've got issues. (that isn't a coupple hours away). I'm jealous still though..
    08-25-10 09:52 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD