Yup. All true. Just spoke to customer service again (for the 4'th time this week)
    That is SOOOO weak on Rogers part.
    Bell delayed the launch over a week ago.
    I hate to say this but Rogers looks like a real chump in this case delaying a phone hours before it's release.
    09-23-10 06:43 PM
    The Toronto star has also posted a story about the delay.

Blackberry Torch’s Canadian release delayed until Sept. 30 - thestar.com
    09-23-10 06:56 PM
    It has already been confirmed on the Rogers redboard that the launch is being pushed back to Sept.30th.

It is only a week. People need to relax/
    yea really ............
    09-23-10 07:04 PM
    I love how Chrisd534 is showing as being online right now but won't show its face in here to apologize to the OP.
    09-23-10 07:25 PM
    Not sure how it works in other peoples worlds but in mine the word 'AVAILABLE' means its: Present and ready for use; at hand; accessible

Direct from the Rogers website on the evening of the 23rd....

09-23-10 07:32 PM
    I am very sad to hear about the delay. I was planning to selll my current blackberry to someone tomorrow after I got my torch but looks like i'm going to have to find someone else... this sucks. damn you rogers!!
    09-23-10 07:50 PM
    I love how Chrisd534 is showing as being online right now but won't show its face in here to apologize to the OP.
    he's busy playing with his new torch!!
    09-23-10 07:55 PM
    I didn't say the OP.. I was referring to Chrisd534 and whomever else has their titties in a twist over a gadget.

I'm a gadget freak but whatever..there are other things to keep me happy!
    Sorry that I have a job and cant comment right away..

Also talked to my Rogers rep at the Rogers Plus location in Vaughan Mills Mall, he said there shipment is on rush to be there before 10 am tomorrow morning.
    09-23-10 07:56 PM
    I keep my computer on I'm not always there..

Also I don't need to apologize to the OP. I'll be getting mine tomorrow weather it gets released on the 30th or not so IMO I was right.
    09-23-10 07:58 PM
    anyone still planning on calling customer relations tomorrow morning ?
    09-23-10 08:01 PM
    I keep my computer on I'm not always there..

Also I don't need to apologize to the OP. I'll be getting mine tomorrow weather it gets released on the 30th or not so IMO I was right.
    Hmm, Interesting...Computer on but not always there? I see you have posted several times in the "My Fellow Canadians" thread since the delay announcement came out. You must have royalty status if you are going to get a Rogers Torch tomorrow when no else can. Please post a photo of your new Rogers Torch tomorrow next to tomorrow's paper so that we can drool!
    Last edited by buwee; 09-23-10 at 08:13 PM.
    09-23-10 08:09 PM
    Hmm, Interesting...Computer on but not always there? I see you have posted several times in the "My Fellow Canadians" thread since the delay announcement came out. You must have royalty status if you are going to get a Rogers Torch tomorrow when no else can. Please post a photo of your new Rogers Torch tomorrow next to tomorrow's paper so that we can drool!
    Thats when there shipment comes. I've been dealing with that Rogers Plus manager for 10+ years. He said when the shipment arrives he'd give me a call tomorrow and I can pick one up for full price. If I wanted it for the 3 year price I'd have to wait till the 30th. So I'll give the OP the benefit of the doubt since he was right. I just wanted a confirmation.

And yes I'm subscribed to that thread I'm not subscribed to this one so I respond faster to that one.
    09-23-10 08:22 PM
    Just left a local rogers store. Played with their dummy phone for a couple minutess. He guaranteed that he will be getting them tomorow between 1030-1pm.

Take this however you like.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 08:32 PM
    in the past when bb's get released, dont the stores usually have em in stock a few days before release date?
    09-23-10 08:50 PM
    in the past when bb's get released, dont the stores usually have em in stock a few days before release date?
    Depends, at times yes. Most Rogers Plus stores will receive inventory tomorrow though.
    09-23-10 08:53 PM
    Really?

Could you maybe PM me this persons number, or ask if hed be willing to help me out too? I'd be interested in buying one unit, no HUP, just plain old cash
    09-23-10 09:42 PM
    I have phoned at least 7 stores in Calgary and they say it's going to be in tomorrow. I phoned rogers 611 and they say the 30th.

Once again Rogers has shown their incompetence in communication within their own company. No wonder why customers get so frustrated with them. Rogers fails!!!
    It makes laugh how we can never get a straight answer from RIM or Rogers.
    09-23-10 11:36 PM
    I have phoned at least 7 stores in Calgary and they say it's going to be in tomorrow. I phoned rogers 611 and they say the 30th.

Once again Rogers has shown their incompetence in communication within their own company. No wonder why customers get so frustrated with them. Rogers fails!!!
    It makes laugh how we can never get a straight answer from RIM or Rogers.
    That would only make too much sense if we were able to get that premium customer service we pay the premium dollar for. If I had a dollar for every time I pressed 1 for English and then had to ask the person who answered to put me through to some one I could understand and who could understand my problem.... I'd have $5 but that $5 too many
    09-23-10 11:46 PM
    I heard about the delay and all, but was looking a best buy's website for stuff and noticed this, note the date and time on the lower right. I am on the site fairly regularly, and have not seen this before tonight.
    09-24-10 01:35 AM
    that picture is wrong... ur date is either wrong or the website is wrong because i WORK at Best Buy and i can GUARANTEE 110% they will not be selling them tmrw and it IS delayed until Sept. 30th
    09-24-10 02:56 AM
    Okay...
    So the torch IS delayed. That's the final answer, am I correct?

09-24-10 03:08 AM
    Okay...
    So the torch IS delayed. That's the final answer, am I correct?

Will find out in about 6 hours
    09-24-10 03:15 AM
    Depends on who you ask..

There is an alleged delay until Sept 30. I say alleged because it hasn't happened yet.

We'll find out for sure in a about 6-8 hrs.
    09-24-10 03:21 AM
    that picture is wrong... ur date is either wrong or the website is wrong because i WORK at Best Buy and i can GUARANTEE 110% they will not be selling them tmrw and it IS delayed until Sept. 30th
    anyway, i will go to best buy on the Friday morning and check it out~
    09-24-10 03:22 AM
    My buddy is the stock manager at BestBest here in Kingston, Ontario and he confirmed last night that NO Torches have entered his store yet as well.
    09-24-10 03:39 AM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD