Rogers BlackBerry Torch 9800 will "begin arriving" on September 27th, online ordering available on the 24th | MobileSyrup.com

More proof.. You can order your torch online tomorrow but can't pick it up in person till next week.
    09-23-10 01:02 PM
    email I received from my local radio station in Kitchener, ON.

RIM's Torch release delayed
    Research In Motion's Blackberry Torch will not be released on Friday. Rogers now says the Torch will be available on Thursday, September 30th.

>>Tune into 570News for the very latest on this story, or visit 570news.com

Follow 570News and 570News Traffic
    09-23-10 01:31 PM
    I too will be very dissappointed if the torch does not come out tomorrow. I also called my store. A flagship Store as well very large very busy and always gets product first and they have not yet received their shipment. They have heard the rumour that it may be delayed but the store has not yet been officially told that its happening.

They said to call in the morning. Their shipments arrive at 9am and they will know for sure at that point.
    09-23-10 01:43 PM
    I Like how the OP knows hes wrong and disappeared.

The store I deal with Just got off the phone with them they said there shipment should be in around 4pm today and to call back to confirm later.
    You are in complete denial!
    Best of luck picking yours up tomorrow LOL!
    09-23-10 01:46 PM
    I have seen a few websites on the fourm saying that the have chagned the date
    but from i understand the date is still 24th you just wont see the physical phone in stores til the 27th which sucks.
    09-23-10 01:51 PM
    I Like how the OP knows hes wrong and disappeared.

The store I deal with Just got off the phone with them they said there shipment should be in around 4pm today and to call back to confirm later.
    yes i am wrong and you are right. i hope you love the torch you're getting tomorrow. please post a pic so we can all drool.

its useless posting anything here because some people are too stupid to know they are getting real information. we spend over $20,000 a month with rogers. im pretty sure if they called us to say no torch tomorrow, theres no torch tomorrow.
    09-23-10 01:52 PM
    Unfortunately guys, im gonna have to ride with the OP on this one....i have been hopeful as anyone else to pick up my torch tomorrow morning but I looked at rogers redboard and they have stated the launch has been pushed back to Sept 30th and CTVS GLOBE & MAIL also reports that rogers has confirmed the release to be now on the 30th. It is stupid that we have had to wait this long but with Telus and Bell both pushing there launces till the end of this month lets hope that all carriers push out the best possible torch that they can. I would rather wait a week and be satisfied with the product they push out then get it a week early and complain.
    09-23-10 01:54 PM
    The Globe and Mail says no Torch tomorrow:

Blackberry Torch's Canadian release delayed again - The Globe and Mail

No Torches for anyone, unfortunately.
    09-23-10 01:55 PM
    well wheres your proof? That you got a phone call... we never heard this call.

I just called 4 different rogers store. they all said they will have it tomorrow
    i need proof now? lol. ok i'll send you an audio file of the conversation

or how about this:

Blackberry Torch's Canadian release delayed again - The Globe and Mail

or this

Rogers says September 30th for BlackBerry Torch launch | PocketBerry

or this:

Blackberry Torch's Canadian release delayed again; Rogers now says Sept. 30 | Markets | Headline News | Canadian Business Online
    09-23-10 02:00 PM
    It's such a shame some people are in such a state of denial. They seem to want to believe only 1 side and not the other side. They have no problem believing the people that claim they talked to some high rollers that are "in the know" but when someone posts facts they get all upset and say things like "Where's your proof" or "I Like how the OP knows hes wrong and disappeared"

Too Funny.
    09-23-10 02:11 PM
    I just spoke to my local Roger's Plus store and they are expecting a shipment noon tomorrow.. so we'll have to see..
    09-23-10 02:28 PM
    I just spoke to my local Roger's Plus store and they are expecting a shipment noon tomorrow.. so we'll have to see..
    I feel for you guys...hopefully they'll pull through and be able to sell you one tomorrow!
    09-23-10 02:41 PM
    I feel for you guys...hopefully they'll pull through and be able to sell you one tomorrow!
    Here's hoping... it really wouldn't be that crazy if some stores did in fact receive shipment tomorrow...
    09-23-10 02:43 PM
    Again, are we surprised? Top level execs and store level employees....do they sit in the same meetings? How does the crap flow....down hill.....who'll be the last to know....
    But wait i got one already.....
    09-23-10 02:45 PM
    no comment!
    Last edited by whitebarry; 02-08-13 at 05:29 PM.
    09-23-10 03:04 PM
    Delayed until Sept 30th until further notice. Word is trickling down to all the rogers stores and retail partners as of today so by days end everybody should be on the same page. Sucks because now I have to wait another week and I wanted it a month ago.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-23-10 03:08 PM
    I heard 2 week delay-- some kinda problem with the units apparently
    09-23-10 03:17 PM
    whitebarry, the OP is there, 3pm and hour before you posted.
    who cares so its delayed, its just a phone? Would it be a surprise if it was delayed even longer?
    09-23-10 03:19 PM
    It has already been confirmed on the Rogers redboard that the launch is being pushed back to Sept.30th.

It is only a week. People need to relax/
    09-23-10 03:22 PM
    whitebarry, the OP is there, 3pm and hour before you posted.
    who cares so its delayed, its just a phone? Would it be a surprise if it was delayed even longer?
    I didn't say the OP.. I was referring to Chrisd534 and whomever else has their titties in a twist over a gadget.

I'm a gadget freak but whatever..there are other things to keep me happy!
    09-23-10 03:30 PM
    I didn't say the OP.. I was referring to Chrisd534 and whomever else has their titties in a twist over a gadget.

I'm a gadget freak but whatever..there are other things to keep me happy!
    Titties in a twist.....lol!
    09-23-10 03:43 PM
    ..............their titties in a twist over a gadget.

lmao

ok so i just wanted to share some early news with guys but some people freaked out lol.

glad to see we have some normal people on here too though.

as some have posted, its only a week and its only a phone AND its better the friggin thing works out of the box.

6 months from now we'll be trading the torch in for the latest and greatest BB anyway.
    09-23-10 03:51 PM
    lmao

ok so i just wanted to share some early news with guys but some people freaked out lol.

glad to see we have some normal people on here too though.

as some have posted, its only a week and its only a phone AND its better the friggin thing works out of the box.

6 months from now we'll be trading the torch in for the latest and greatest BB anyway.
    Probably getting the updated OS already loaded too!
    09-23-10 04:01 PM
    Can't say that I'm not a little bit disappointed but a week isn't terribly long a time, what's another week after all this time?? At least this way I don't have to fumble to install the latest OS if that were the case. =)
    09-23-10 06:08 PM
    Bummer about the alleged delay. I managed to fondle one today at a rogers store.

Real nice device, really noticed the weight difference from the iphone. It felt good though.
    09-23-10 06:12 PM
84 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD