Got mine at Bloor and Ted Rogers Way in Toronto after a 2 hour wait. They got a bunch of iPhone 32GB's in as well so the line was extra long. As well their internal cash register system was down so they were doing all the transactions manually.

I have had the phone now for a couple hours; to confirm mine has .246 on it. I like it thus far, just figuring out the settings to get it to my standards of awesomness. Im sad alot of the notifiers and sounds are missing.
    09-30-10 02:48 PM
    WOOOOT!! Just got mine - 2 months from my official HUP date and they let me get it IN-STORE!! Terms as already posted above - $249 less $50 rebate plus $35 admin fee blah blah! Apparently my wife and I are a high revenue account and so retentions let me get it at the store instead of having them ship it to me.
    09-30-10 03:30 PM
    I hate being stuck on a plan with my parents!! I want to upgrade but I have to have my step mom with me and its just a big pain in my ******* ***! ****!
    09-30-10 04:06 PM
    WOOOOT!! Just got mine - 2 months from my official HUP date and they let me get it IN-STORE!! Terms as already posted above - $249 less $50 rebate plus $35 admin fee blah blah! Apparently my wife and I are a high revenue account and so retentions let me get it at the store instead of having them ship it to me.
    you lucky mofo lol.. my account is high revenue as well and they never offered me that in store deal.. maybe its cause i was 2 years and 7 months away from a HUP lol.. just happy i still got my $199 upgrade so its worth the 3-5 business days wait.

enjoy the torch
    09-30-10 04:13 PM
    you lucky mofo lol.. my account is high revenue as well and they never offered me that in store deal.. maybe its cause i was 2 years and 7 months away from a HUP lol.. just happy i still got my $199 upgrade so its worth the 3-5 business days wait.

enjoy the torch
    Thanks mike! Isn't the normal HUP period 24 months? I'm at work and trying to set it all up with essential stuff (I'll do the device switch or clean install of all the apps later), but they keep interrupting me with work stuff - can you believe it? Why can't they leave me alone with my Torch?
    09-30-10 04:35 PM
    to everyone who is having the torch shipped to them: im sure you all got that verification e-mail saying "Once your order has been shipped, we will send you a separate shipment confirmation e-mail"

lets let each other know when we receive this e-mail. does anyone know from where they shipped them from? which province?
    09-30-10 04:39 PM
    Loving my torch so far!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-30-10 04:42 PM
    has anyone managed to unlock their rogers blackberry torch? can i just use the guide posted in the forum on unlocking?
    09-30-10 06:31 PM
    to everyone who is having the torch shipped to them: im sure you all got that verification e-mail saying "Once your order has been shipped, we will send you a separate shipment confirmation e-mail"

lets let each other know when we receive this e-mail. does anyone know from where they shipped them from? which province?
    i just ordered mine this morning at round 10am. i got the confirmation email but not the shipped email. they will be shipping it from scarborough ontario.
    09-30-10 07:00 PM
    Last time I tried to get a bb through roger's website they told me time and time again 3-5 days and finally, after I never got a shipped email confirmation I phoned back again and was told " oh sorry, they are back ordered ".

Blackberry Torch on Rogers $249/3yr term with a $50 rebate, Gas to get to Best Buy $5, The fact that you have one and your co-worker who has been looking all over the city but can't find one (yet whose wife works at the best buy you bought yours at).... PRICELESS.
    09-30-10 07:22 PM
    So is this Customer Relations thing by chance? Because the first one I talked to was being mean. Said I couldn't get an early upgrade. I have 4 more months left. And people who just got 9700 are getting early upgrades. Which came out not long ago... This is crazy!

I'm on hold for another CR. Hopefully, a different one. I'm going from 8900 to 9800!
    as a long time customer of rogers I must say they came through for me today.... I upgraded 4 Blackberries in June and resigned for three years (we all know 24 months for next upgrade) so I called retentions this morning Maurine asked how she could help, I simply stated that i would like the Torch 9800 she looked at my account and explained upgrade procedure to which i responded quite calmy, would you like to continue to have a satisfied rogers customer. She said yes and went back to check my account again, (i have everything with rogers Home phone, internet,cable and family plan of 4 BB's) my total monthly bill after retention credits is 320.00 Taxes included for all mentioned services... after looking at my account again Maurine asked if I would like to upgrade all of my newly purchased 9700's to the torch, to which i responded, if its no trouble yes i would WOOO HHHAAAAA 15 minutes later i had email confirmation that all 4 new torches had been sent out at the hardware upgrade price....

So it is possible just be nice to them....I hope this helps all the wannabee torch owners have a glimmer of hope...
    09-30-10 07:27 PM
    i just ordered mine this morning at round 10am. i got the confirmation email but not the shipped email. they will be shipping it from scarborough ontario.
    I ordered mine around 730am, I agree let's tell each other when we get the shipping email!! let's hope its soon

09-30-10 07:38 PM
    hey guys posted this in the other thread but just wondering how your browsers working...i was expecting it to be a bit faster but overall its a huge improvement also i remember seeing something about being able to wirelessly sync ur media from ur computer like songs and what not to the torch anyone know of this?
    09-30-10 08:36 PM
    as a long time customer of rogers I must say they came through for me today.... I upgraded 4 Blackberries in June and resigned for three years (we all know 24 months for next upgrade) so I called retentions this morning Maurine asked how she could help, I simply stated that i would like the Torch 9800 she looked at my account and explained upgrade procedure to which i responded quite calmy, would you like to continue to have a satisfied rogers customer. She said yes and went back to check my account again, (i have everything with rogers Home phone, internet,cable and family plan of 4 BB's) my total monthly bill after retention credits is 320.00 Taxes included for all mentioned services... after looking at my account again Maurine asked if I would like to upgrade all of my newly purchased 9700's to the torch, to which i responded, if its no trouble yes i would WOOO HHHAAAAA 15 minutes later i had email confirmation that all 4 new torches had been sent out at the hardware upgrade price....

So it is possible just be nice to them....I hope this helps all the wannabee torch owners have a glimmer of hope...
    *** Noob Alert! ***

I've been hearing a lot of people throw around 'calling retentions', etc. around. What does that mean?

I called Customer Service today (And my 2 years for HUP is on Nov 27th) and they gave me no trouble even though I'm trying to upgrade 2 months early. ($249 - $50 MIR). What's the purpose of retentions?

Also - on a semi-related note: I asked the rep if there's any way that I could have a plan where I could upgrade annually (personally, I think waiting 2 years is too long, I like the idea of upgrading my phone every year) - but she responded saying there's no such thing and that HUP for smartphones are only available every 2 years.

Can anybody confirm this? Or does anybody have a an idea on how to get annual HUP?

Thanks.
    09-30-10 09:11 PM
    has anyone managed to unlock their rogers blackberry torch? can i just use the guide posted in the forum on unlocking?
    just did in under 10 minutes Unlock Blackberry & Any Cell Phones Remotely by Code | CellUnlock.net
    09-30-10 09:23 PM
    The HUP with Rogers (and most, if not all of the canadian carriers) is set at 2yrs for smartphones. Long ago there used to be annual ones. You'll never get an annual HUP but if you're a really high dollar customer I'm sure you could talk your way into one. I'm talking people with $250+ bills a month kind of thing and even then that's not a for sure.

As for "retentions" that is now actually called Customer Relations.
    Customer service will deal with a lot of the easy stuff but "retentions" or customer relations is where you'll go if you aren't satisfied with any answers the customer service gives you.
    09-30-10 10:12 PM
    rogers wont give me yearly upgrades they just charge me 10$ for every month early..
    09-30-10 11:10 PM
    im hoping i get that email tomorrow lol. scarborough you say, i wish i could go pick it up from the warehouse its only 30 mins from me
    09-30-10 11:18 PM
    kinda stinks that they didnt throw in a case like they did with the 9700. how many of you guys are picking up the BlackBerry Leather Holster? im thinking about ordering one from crackberry site
    09-30-10 11:46 PM
    kinda stinks that they didnt throw in a case like they did with the 9700. how many of you guys are picking up the BlackBerry Leather Holster? im thinking about ordering one from crackberry site
    I grabbed a skin similar to BSE off of ebay, grabbed it before BSE launched theirs otherwise I would have grabbed a BSE one. The Leather holster is not worth it for me as I keep my phones in my pocket, might consider the otterbox commuter case.
    10-01-10 12:23 AM
    I hope we get the email today

10-01-10 06:50 AM
    I grabbed a skin similar to BSE off of ebay, grabbed it before BSE launched theirs otherwise I would have grabbed a BSE one. The Leather holster is not worth it for me as I keep my phones in my pocket, might consider the otterbox commuter case.
    i use a skin and leather case combo with my 9700. I loved the fact that even with the skin on i could still fit my 9700 into my case. this was useful because i used my case while working and just put the phone in my pocket while wearing a pair of jeans.

sorry if this is a dumb Q but whats BSE?
    10-01-10 07:27 AM
    I hope we get the email today

me tooo!

shipping wouldn't take so long if they would just send it out the day we ordered the phone. right now im searching for a leather and silicon case.
    10-01-10 07:32 AM
    I got a b**** as the first line support. I asked for customer retention and she refused. She told me that Rogers policy did not allow her to transfer. Then she told me that I was unable to upgrade blah blah blah (Rogers standard sleek). Finally when I asked for her supervisor, she transferred me to customer retention (she did not want me to talk to her boss, to let he/she know how poorly she did)

Well given I am a high revenue customer, and also have a 9700, still less then a year (10 mths), i got the early upgrade being shipped to me.

Be persistent is the moral of the story
    10-01-10 07:55 AM
    sorry if this is a dumb Q but whats BSE?
    Not dumb at all dude. It stands for best skins ever.
    10-01-10 08:16 AM
1,267 ... 3031323334 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD