Rikter said he can't upgrade till nov so they had to work their magic and he can still go in store and pick it up...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Hopefully Rikter can let us know how it goes. Cause if its true I want to pick up mine in store as well
    09-29-10 02:20 PM
    Same here...
    09-29-10 02:33 PM
    I'll be phoning relations again, because if one person can do that we should all be able too!
    09-29-10 02:44 PM
    I called again, I got the same answer. I'm bummed out that I can't get it tomorrow. BOOOO ROGERS!
    09-29-10 03:02 PM
    Well I just got a call from best buy giving me a heads up about tomorrows release for the torch, and wanted to know if i was setting a new activation or hup. I told them i was doing a hup. She said no prob see you tomorrow, cant wait
    09-29-10 03:12 PM
    Well I just got a call from best buy giving me a heads up about tomorrows release for the torch, and wanted to know if i was setting a new activation or hup. I told them i was doing a hup. She said no prob see you tomorrow, cant wait
    they didn't even ask, just said come in. woo hoo... unfortunately i can't go until after work, gonna be a looong day. lol
    09-29-10 04:17 PM
    Just phoned mine and they said they're not expecting any till next week! Won't stop me checking tomorrow though....
    09-29-10 04:27 PM
    anyone else call and have them say you can get the upgrade but have to do it through them? Wondering if theres a trick to get them to let you do it in store
    I'm in the same boat, gotta call first thing in the morning tomorrow. i hope they can send it out tomorrow and i dont have to keep calling them everyday or ill be annoyed. ive already told them my 9700 was busted lol. of course its not i actually sold it yesterday now im using a crap 8310 so please let them be able to mail out my torch tomorrow. it would def be alot easier to walk into a rogers tomorrow and have them call CR to verify the upgrade but hey that would make things to easy for the customer
    09-29-10 04:45 PM
    WOOOOT!! Just got a call at 9.15pm from my local Rogers girl who was at home (that's how much of a pain I've been) to tell me she has my Torch! Only thing is that when they call retentions tomorrow for my HUP I might have to get it shipped from them....here's hoping!
    09-29-10 08:24 PM
    I'll be sure to update on whether or not I am able to get one from a store. I'm having doubts but I was re-assured so who knows. I'm on the westcoast and should be able to let'cha know by noon my time at the latest.
    On another note.. since speaking to Rogers earlier I don't have data on my phone or call display......but I'll deal with that tomorrow when I (hopefully) upgrade.
    09-29-10 08:51 PM
    I will already know by 11am your time!
    09-29-10 10:02 PM
    well 7 hours left t'ill i call rogers CR and get told they dont have any torches to send out yet... blahh
    09-30-10 12:03 AM
    on the phone now with Rogers................
    09-30-10 07:04 AM
    on the phone now with Rogers................
    Well....???

09-30-10 07:17 AM
    Well....???

my torch is in the mail and set to arrive in 3-5 business days.

first the rep said i could go into the store to get the phone then i told her that i was told i wasnt able since my upgrade was set an an exception.. then said "oh ya right sorry"

oh well im happy
    09-30-10 07:21 AM
    just finished talking to CR, such a nice rep, gave me and early upgrade from 9700 to 9800! 3 to 5 business days can't wait for it to arrive
    09-30-10 07:27 AM
    Hey, this is my first time doing a HUP with Rogers. Rogers rep told me that the cost of the phone and fees will be added to my next bill whether I go to a corporate store or a dealer...is this correct?
    09-30-10 07:31 AM
    Hey, this is my first time doing a HUP with Rogers. Rogers rep told me that the cost of the phone and fees will be added to my next bill whether I go to a corporate store or a dealer...is this correct?
    yes this is correct...
    09-30-10 07:34 AM
    ^Thanks for the quick answer!
    09-30-10 07:37 AM
    I, too, phoned Rogers this a.m. - I'm still a bit confused though. They told me that my upgrade price would be 249 for a three year plan (though what I really wanted was either 2 years or to buy it outright) because I'd upgraded my iPhone last August '09 and am not due again til next August '11.

I told them that the Best Buy where I live said that they would have them for sale on Friday, Oct 1 and that I have a $50 deposit down for one but that I'd like to renew my 6g data plan today.

And that's where I got confused :/

She encouraged me to go to a Rogers store that's about 1.5 hours from my house - but later came back and said Best Buy could do it for me.

So I'm going to wait until 10a when Best Buy opens and give them a call to see what's up.

I want a Torch and I want my 6g data plan... I didn't think of having them mail me one...
    09-30-10 07:49 AM
    Is the "Mexico 5" found on the outside of the torch box? I looked at my 9700 and saw Mexico 4 written underneath the battery. Rumour is Mexico 5 has a pretty solid build quality.

4.5hrs till I go looking for one in my city. Stupid early morning job!
    09-30-10 07:53 AM
    Mine also comes 3-5 days. The 40 minute wait was worth it

09-30-10 08:11 AM
    Does anyone know if they're in stores yet? Can I walk in and get one or do I have to call CR and get one sent to me. I've been eligible for upgrade since the first week of july and I've been patiently waiting for this release since then!

09-30-10 08:24 AM
    Does anyone know if they're in stores yet? Can I walk in and get one or do I have to call CR and get one sent to me. I've been eligible for upgrade since the first week of july and I've been patiently waiting for this release since then!

Check the other thread...people are already standing in line.
    09-30-10 08:26 AM
    So is this Customer Relations thing by chance? Because the first one I talked to was being mean. Said I couldn't get an early upgrade. I have 4 more months left. And people who just got 9700 are getting early upgrades. Which came out not long ago... This is crazy!

I'm on hold for another CR. Hopefully, a different one. I'm going from 8900 to 9800!
    09-30-10 08:27 AM
1,267 ... 2829303132 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD