Hi Guys shoud we worry... just read this on a possible delay....

Blackberry Torch 9800 from Rogers available in one week!

that's ok... i got mine from ATT and using it on rogers, it works great and i love it
    09-15-10 09:05 AM
    that's ok... i got mine from ATT and using it on rogers, it works great and i love it
    I spoke to a Rogers cs this evening. The torch being delayed is nothing but a bad rumor. It's already in the rogers system, ready to go. Hope that puts your mind at ease

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-15-10 10:31 PM
    I spoke to a Rogers cs this evening. The torch being delayed is nothing but a bad rumor. It's already in the rogers system, ready to go. Hope that puts your mind at ease

Yay! (and thanks)
    09-15-10 10:39 PM

I sure hope this is the case, as I have been putting off my upgrade for a while waiting for this phone. Another 2 weeks would be a killer.

09-15-10 11:54 PM
    nope, you have to have your plan for 2 years... This is where i'm stuck, I'm 3 months away from my 2 yr mark with a bb, and they wont let me
    well i'm going to fight like anything to get the early upgrade even though i have 6 months to go before i hit two years. i have four services with rogers and i'm a long time customer. no way in h*** i'm waiting another 6 months and no way in h*** i'm paying full price
    09-16-10 07:55 AM
    well i'm going to fight like anything to get the early upgrade even though i have 6 months to go before i hit two years. i have four services with rogers and i'm a long time customer. no way in h*** i'm waiting another 6 months and no way in h*** i'm paying full price
    I feel the same, 3 months to go and I've had nothing but problems with my 9000 i'm not taking no for an answer, I've been with themfor over 8 years if they want me to stay they better say yes
    09-16-10 08:36 AM
    I feel the same, 3 months to go and I've had nothing but problems with my 9000 i'm not taking no for an answer, I've been with themfor over 8 years if they want me to stay they better say yes
    make sure u bring these 3 things up if they say no.....im pretty sure they will give it to u. But for some reason when we say were walking to telus and bell, they don't care. The only way to get thru 2 them is by saying the above...lol also speak 2 tech support 1st and tell them ur problems and mention u have 3 months left but u want 2 upgrade at a lower price. That helps 2.
    09-16-10 12:09 PM
    make sure u bring these 3 things up if they say no.....im pretty sure they will give it to u. But for some reason when we say were walking to telus and bell, they don't care. The only way to get thru 2 them is by saying the above...lol also speak 2 tech support 1st and tell them ur problems and mention u have 3 months left but u want 2 upgrade at a lower price. That helps 2.
    sweet, I will try =)

also the girl on the redboard said the stock for the torch will be normal so no one should have problems with getting it
    09-16-10 12:50 PM
    sweet, I will try =)

also the girl on the redboard said the stock for the torch will be normal so no one should have problems with getting it
    Yes - Miranda's the girl on the red board. She never answers the awkward questions - always ignores them! She is patient though - as ppl keep asking the same questions over and over...

09-16-10 02:03 PM
    Yes - Miranda's the girl on the red board. She never answers the awkward questions - always ignores them! She is patient though - as ppl keep asking the same questions over and over...

Yeah, the comments section is probably just designed to draw people there and engage.

I haven't seen her answer too many questions directly.

She'd make a great politician! =)
    09-17-10 10:21 AM
    is it the 24th yet?
    09-19-10 08:29 PM
    I don't think so - otherwise there would be a Torch right beside me and not a Curve....

Something tells me it's soon though - call it intuition. =)
    09-19-10 08:40 PM

part of the problem with the comments on the redboard is that they're moderated and not posted right away, so, in the evnings and weekends there is nothing being posted, and in the morning when the mods go through, they post everything, and many of the same questions appear. The other problem is no one reads the previous posts. Leaving Miranda to answer the same questions repeatedly.
    09-19-10 08:57 PM
    That and a lot of people ask questions that they know rogers reps can't answer and don't understand why she doesn't answer their questions.
    09-20-10 12:42 AM
    We should have an answer tomorrow whether the Torch is being delayed of not. According to RedBoard.
    09-20-10 12:57 AM
    I pray it's not. But then again If it is delayed I hope they have the new software on it. So I don't have to hear non blackberry savi users complain about it.

09-20-10 02:00 AM
    Honestly why cant they just release on the 24th with the original OS. Then when they get the new one fixed they release it?
    09-20-10 02:10 AM
    Doubt it will be delayed, would have said something by now. Plus there's torch launch parties being held this week as we speak!!!
    09-20-10 08:10 PM
    Doubt it will be delayed, would have said something by now. Plus there's torch launch parties being held this week as we speak!!!
    Well wasn't the American release party like 2 weeks before the Torch came out?
    09-20-10 11:40 PM
    I just tried to comment on the redboard and it doesn't appear...first time for me though, maybe it takes some time to show?
    09-20-10 11:45 PM
    I just tried to comment on the redboard and it doesn't appear...first time for me though, maybe it takes some time to show?
    yes, the mods will post it tomorrow.
    09-20-10 11:48 PM
    so i talked to rogers retention today and they are sending me a 9800 in the mail for $199. they said that retention receives new devices about 1 week or 2 later than the stores so i have to call them every day to find out if they received the phone so they can send it out to me. so basically my file reads that i am eligible for a torch at $199 but its up to me to call and have them send it to me.

does this sound strange to anyone?
    09-20-10 11:56 PM
    so i talked to rogers retention today and they are sending me a 9800 in the mail for $199. they said that retention receives new devices about 1 week or 2 later than the stores so i have to call them every day to find out if they received the phone so they can send it out to me. so basically my file reads that i am eligible for a torch at $199 but its up to me to call and have them send it to me.

does this sound strange to anyone?
    Yes! Your waiting an extra week or your phone, I'd be going nuts! So yes it's strange haha.
    09-21-10 12:27 AM
    Yes! Your waiting an extra week or your phone, I'd be going nuts! So yes it's strange haha.
    i know the thought of it stinks but hey i rather pay $199 than $599. maybe when i call this Friday i get lucky and they will have them ready to send out otherwise ill just have to read up on here on how everyone love it :P
    Last edited by miketko; 09-21-10 at 01:45 AM.
    09-21-10 01:43 AM
    I also find it odd that the release date is suppose to be in 4 days yet the rogers website does not have any info on this device.
    09-21-10 08:59 AM
1,267 ... 2324252627 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD