if i don't see it by the end of next week i'm grabbing an AT&T model.
    same here.. going to be goin to the states on the 12th by fluke...
    i do not know how successful i will be with getting an at&t rep to sell me a phone..

i really don't wanna pay the prices they will be selling on criagslist for
    08-07-10 10:04 PM
    same here.. going to be goin to the states on the 12th by fluke...
    i do not know how successful i will be with getting an at&t rep to sell me a phone..

i really don't wanna pay the prices they will be selling on criagslist for
    I just read around and talked to my american friend. Apparently they won't sell to people without an AT&T account... I have an AT&T prepaid account. Maybe I can use that...
    08-07-10 10:13 PM
    I just read around and talked to my american friend. Apparently they won't sell to people without an AT&T account... I have an AT&T prepaid account. Maybe I can use that...
    i heard buying a gift for an at&t customer is allowed.. that's what another guy said when i asked somewhere in this forum..

i was able to buy an iphone 1st gen when it came out only on AT&T in buffalo, but maybe i got lucky...

my sister in law is an at&t customer so i can prove she has an account hehe
    08-07-10 10:19 PM
    AT&T uses the same bands as Rogers, so once unlocked and registered on the Rogers network...........everytouhing will work.

I heard the same thing about AT&T not selling the phone unless you have an account. I preordered mine from Unlocked GSM Phones, Smart Phones, iPhone, Blackberry accessories at MobileCityOnline.com, and I am going to unlock it myself with my Furious Gold USB Dongle.
    Last edited by GibMcFragger; 08-07-10 at 10:29 PM.
    08-07-10 10:27 PM
    i heard buying a gift for an at&t customer is allowed.. that's what another guy said when i asked somewhere in this forum..

i was able to buy an iphone 1st gen when it came out only on AT&T in buffalo, but maybe i got lucky...

my sister in law is an at&t customer so i can prove she has an account hehe
    Maybe I can try and pull it off as well. I'll use my friends account
    08-07-10 10:30 PM
    AT&T uses the same bands as Rogers, so once unlocked and registered on the Rogers network...........everytouhing will work.

I heard the same thing about AT&T not selling the phone unless you have an account. I preordered mine from Unlocked GSM Phones, Smart Phones, iPhone, Blackberry accessories at MobileCityOnline.com, and I am going to unlock it myself with my Furious Gold USB Dongle.
    Holy ****. Your going to pay a hundred more? I'd rather wait for the Rogers if that were the case. CB Kevin twittered that he experienced lower battery life with an unlocked 9800 on Rogers then on AT&T. It could be because it's roaming nonstop?
    08-07-10 10:32 PM
    any telus news?! god i hate my telus tour -.-
    08-07-10 11:00 PM
    CB Kevin twittered that he experienced lower battery life with an unlocked 9800 on Rogers then on AT&T. It could be because it's roaming nonstop?
    That is a bit of a mystery... The roaming shouldn't affect the battery life. It's searching and connecting to the same towers it would be if it were local. The only explanation is that Rogers has worse reception where Kevin is now, than AT&T in Orlando (or wherever else Kevin was), which is doubtful. Rogers is pretty good with reception, at least in my area.
    08-07-10 11:19 PM
    That is a bit of a mystery... The roaming shouldn't affect the battery life. It's searching and connecting to the same towers it would be if it were local. The only explanation is that Rogers has worse reception where Kevin is now, than AT&T in Orlando (or wherever else Kevin was), which is doubtful. Rogers is pretty good with reception, at least in my area.
    Ya its a strange thing. Rogers has great reception where he is. After he tweeted that I suggested he change his network settings to manual instead of automatic. This may make a difference if by chance the phone is constantly polling for at&t towers, but really who knows. We'll see how that test goes.
    08-07-10 11:35 PM
    Holy ****. Your going to pay a hundred more? I'd rather wait for the Rogers if that were the case. CB Kevin twittered that he experienced lower battery life with an unlocked 9800 on Rogers then on AT&T. It could be because it's roaming nonstop?
    We'll see. I haven't payed anything yet. It's only a preorder which can be canceled any time. It won't be a hundred more. I am guessing it will be the usual $549 or $599 when it hits Canada. Just because it's $499US, doesn't mean it's going to be $499CDN.

Besides. That's the price you pay to have the toy first! hehehe

There should be no difference in battery life on Rogers. The phone is unlocked, so it's not roaming with a Rogers SIM in it. I could be wrong on that though.

Like I said though, it's only a preorder which is technically only a "hold" in case I can't find one cheaper. I haven't paid a penny yet.
    08-07-10 11:38 PM
    Wow. A Burnaby Boy. I'm on the south side of Royal Oak. Where the **** did you get a gun? Haha. Yeah, I'm thinking of trying to spend my renewal on the iPhone 4 and selling it on Craigslist for $800 - $900. Have you seen the prices for them around here lately? It's crazy...

Of course, the ethics are rather questionable...
    08-07-10 11:42 PM
    Wow. A Burnaby Boy. I'm on the south side of Royal Oak. Where the **** did you get a gun? Haha. Yeah, I'm thinking of trying to spend my renewal on the iPhone 4 and selling it on Craigslist for $800 - $900. Have you seen the prices for them around here lately? It's crazy...

Hahaha A Burnaby boy AND a Maiden fan \mm/

Where did I get a gun? Out of my safe with the others. Don't worry Harper, they're all registered!! hahahahaha

The ethics are questionable yes, but think of it this way. If people are "dumb" enough to pay ridiculously high prices for iP4, then why not? You are not forcing anyone to pay that. I would do it in a heartbeat if I was up for renewal.

I did play with an iP4 the other day finally. I handed it back after 5 mins. It's exactly the same as every other iPhone, but with a nicer display and camera. I love how all the iPhone lovers jump all over RIM for "putting out new phones with only minor updates". Um................that's exactly what Crapple does with the iPhone. Slightly faster, a few new features (which other smartphones have had for years I might add), nicer screen.......same iPhone.
    Last edited by GibMcFragger; 08-07-10 at 11:53 PM.
    08-07-10 11:50 PM
    The ethics are questionable yes, but think of it this way. If people are "dumb" enough to pay ridiculously high prices for iP4, then why not? You are not forcing anyone to pay that. I would do it in a heartbeat if I was up for renewal.

I did play with an iP4 the other day finally. I handed it back after 5 mins. It's exactly the same as every other iPhone, but with a nicer display and camera. I love how all the iPhone lovers jump all over RIM for "putting out new phones with only minor updates". Um................that's exactly what Crapple does with the iPhone. Slightly faster, a few new features (which other smartphones have had for years I might add), nicer screen.......same iPhone.
    Yeah, that's true. Not everyone is up for renewal. I'm just apprehensive about signing up for another 3 year contract. While our GSM carriers are pretty good here (compared to what I hear about AT&T), at least their contracts are only two years.

Ethics aside, the main reason why I want to try this out is to take advantage of this deal. For five dollars more, I'd be getting 20x the data! I called in and they said it's only for iPhone plans though, so if I grab that and tell them I plan on swapping between it and a Blackberry, I wonder if it can be converted to a BIS compatible plan... Worth a shot, no?

Oh, and UP THE IRONS! (Ok, back on topic... Haha.)
    08-08-10 12:04 AM
    Hehehe I think that plan is attached to iPhone, so you will lose it if you swap to a BIS plan. Remember though that BB's are very light on data compared to the iPhone. Everything is compressed at the RIM server level before it gets sent to your phone.
    08-08-10 12:12 AM
    Hehehe I think that plan is attached to iPhone, so you will lose it if you swap to a BIS plan. Remember though that BB's are very light on data compared to the iPhone. Everything is compressed at the RIM server level before it gets sent to your phone.
    Yeah. I don't ever go over my limit, for now, but that's partially because I'm on EDGE. Switching to a 3G device with a much improved browser may push me over the edge (excuse the pun). It's also good to have that option to tether.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-10 12:22 AM
    Ya its a strange thing. Rogers has great reception where he is. After he tweeted that I suggested he change his network settings to manual instead of automatic. This may make a difference if by chance the phone is constantly polling for at&t towers, but really who knows. We'll see how that test goes.

You heard anything on a Rogers release yet Shao?

08-08-10 10:31 AM
    Yeah. I don't ever go over my limit, for now, but that's partially because I'm on EDGE. Switching to a 3G device with a much improved browser may push me over the edge (excuse the pun). It's also good to have that option to tether.

I'm on 3G and surf all the way to and from work on the Skytrain, and I never even come close to hitting my 500mb limit. Now tethering..............................that's a whole different matter. hehehe
    08-08-10 10:45 AM
    You heard anything on a Rogers release yet Shao?
    Nadda. Ive been asking around any no one seems to know anything. Best info out there right now is their official statement of "coming weeks".
    08-08-10 10:50 AM
    Nadda. Ive been asking around any no one seems to know anything. Best info out there right now is their official statement of "coming weeks".
    DANG! Hopefully you'll be able to find something out, or someone will hear something valid... "the coming weeks" is just too vague for me... lol
    08-08-10 04:44 PM
    AT&T doesn't use the same bands as the Telus HSPA+ Network, do they? So AT&T wouldn't work with Telus? And how does Rogers reception compare to the Telus HSDPA, is it really that much better?
    08-08-10 07:42 PM
    AT&T doesn't use the same bands as the Telus HSPA+ Network, do they? So AT&T wouldn't work with Telus? And how does Rogers reception compare to the Telus HSDPA, is it really that much better?
    Yes, AT&T, Telus, Rogers and Bell all use the same bands, and the devices can be used on any of them. I've never had any problems with Rogers, but I live in a major city.

By the way, the Torch is coming to Rogers, Telus and Bell.
    Last edited by The_Shawn; 08-08-10 at 07:57 PM.
    08-08-10 07:53 PM
    I'm not holding my breath on this one but ...spoke with a rep who set me up on additional blackberry plan as I have to cell phones...one is a 9700 the other a nokia which is eligible for HUP ...anyhow she assured me that the plan will go into effect this Tuesday Aug 10 and I would be able to pick up my new HUP 9800 in stores.

08-08-10 09:13 PM

YAY, Kraft Cr. here. Well not for long, moving to Calgary soon.

I don't know a SINGLE person in Canada that owns a gun, I got 2 buds in Montana that do though (one's a WW2 weapons collector).
    08-08-10 09:24 PM
    I'm on 3G and surf all the way to and from work on the Skytrain, and I never even come close to hitting my 500mb limit. Now tethering..............................that's a whole different matter. hehehe
    I rarely go past 20MB a month on my BB, I could live with a 50MB plan if that existed for less.

Oh yeah <3 Iron Maiden too.
    08-08-10 09:30 PM
    I rarely go past 20MB a month on my BB, I could live with a 50MB plan if that existed for less.

Oh yeah <3 Iron Maiden too.
    Really? Oh wow. I hit the 100mb marks each month usually. It really depends if I decide to use my iPhone for one week or something since I usually do.
    08-08-10 10:34 PM
1,267 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD