Got mine yesterday.
    Unfortunately, it is a work phone and is pretty tightly locked down.

Question, if I swapped out my SIM card from my personal BB, would I then be able to install apps, etc?
    10-14-10 08:49 AM
    BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED!!!!! took 8 orders but finally, now to wait for ups
    How many days did it take from you ordering the phone, to you receiving the billing information?
    I ordered one online, but haven't received billing info yet, so wanna see if I need to call them again.
    10-14-10 09:05 AM
    I should be receiving mine in the mail today from Rogers. Very much looking forward to this device. I currently am using my Curve 8900 which served me well for this past year, but the track ball gave me fits!

I hope someone can please answer the following questions:

1. Is the Rogers Torch already updated with the latest software version?

2. Can I use my curret sim card and still get 3G?

3. I am interested in the leather pocket case/holder for the Torch. Is it good, and when the device is in the pocket case, can you still hear notifications/rings well enough?

Thanks in advance!
    10-14-10 10:14 AM
    Yes to the first two questions. I havent tried the case.
    10-14-10 10:29 AM
    3. I am interested in the leather pocket case/holder for the Torch. Is it good, and when the device is in the pocket case, can you still hear notifications/rings well enough?
    I'm not sure about a pocket case, but I'm still using the generic clip case I was using on my 8900.
    10-14-10 11:45 AM
    I have the OEM BB leather pocket pouch and its perfect. Notifications, vibration works like a charm. I biought zagg invisible shield but will be returning as don't need it now. Dropped torch from about 6 feet in leather pouch on tile floor. No damage toi torch or case...

BTW, my rogers mexico 5 torch is perfect and I'll never go back to iphone!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-14-10 01:22 PM
    I should be receiving mine in the mail today from Rogers. Very much looking forward to this device. I currently am using my Curve 8900 which served me well for this past year, but the track ball gave me fits!

Thanks in advance!
    I purchased both the charging pod and leather holster from the crackberry shop and they are both awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Now, if I could just sort out my wi-fi issues. Torch no where near as solid on wifi as my 9700 was.
    10-14-10 01:30 PM
    What's wrong with the first phone you got, that you had to swap for another one?

but it is true, at least this time around you have one to play around with/
    they sent me one with a crack in the back.. i was mad.

but my new one came today no cracks no wiggles its perfecto!
    10-14-10 02:46 PM

Thanks in advance!
    1. YES, it comes with the latest software
    2. YES, but you will get another sim card with your phone anyway, so just activate the new one...PS, put your old sim in your Torch first, so it can register properly with the Rogers network and BIS
    3. YES, you can still hear all the notifications while the phone is in a pouch or holster

Cheers and Enjoy, its a beautiful device
    10-14-10 03:09 PM
    I purchased both the charging pod and leather holster from the crackberry shop and they are both awesome. Would not hesitate to recommend.

Now, if I could just sort out my wi-fi issues. Torch no where near as solid on wifi as my 9700 was.
    WiFi works perfectly fine with me...no issues to report and connects very fast to saved networks and non-saved

Good Luck
    10-14-10 03:11 PM
    I ordered my Torch yesterday through customer relations. Hopefully it comes soon! I also changed to a family plan in the process. For 2 phones, I'm getting:
    400 daytime min
    free evening (9pm) & weekend
    1 gb data
    unlimited network calling (rogers/fido)
    caller ID, voicemail
    2,500 sent text

$101.80 per month (tax/fees included)
    Is this shared or for each line? If its shared, you should get a better deal than that.
    10-14-10 03:29 PM
    Got mine yesterday.
    Unfortunately, it is a work phone and is pretty tightly locked down.

Question, if I swapped out my SIM card from my personal BB, would I then be able to install apps, etc?

No, IT policies are specific to the device not the SIM.
    10-14-10 03:30 PM
    hey did anyone get their mail-in rebate for $50 from rogers in the BB torch's box? or does it get mail on its own?
    I did not get a pop up or option to do it on-line...so if you go to the rogers.ca website, go to the support tab, then rogers download center on the right side, then the next screen will give u a drop down menu and click the forms/coupons, and then u open the pdf file Hardware upgrade rebate and you fill it out and mail it to them with the original proof of purchase. You have 60 days past purchase date to get it in to them and processed so u dont lose out on it. do it asap.

hope this helps
    10-14-10 03:42 PM
    1. YES, it comes with the latest software
    2. YES, but you will get another sim card with your phone anyway, so just activate the new one...PS, put your old sim in your Torch first, so it can register properly with the Rogers network and BIS
    3. YES, you can still hear all the notifications while the phone is in a pouch or holster

Cheers and Enjoy, its a beautiful device
    I'm enjoying the heck out of my Torch so far. The build seems really solid but not sure where it was manufactured. Maybe Mexico 5?

Also picked up the pocket pouch and love how solid it is. Still have to tinker with my settings I think, because when in the holster I'm not hearing notifications.

PS - I did not receive a new sim card with it but my old one is working fine.
    10-15-10 01:07 AM
    We have 25 phones on a business account with Rogers, and our sales rep flat out refuses to drop the $10.00 per month penalty. No torch for me for a while yet.
    Last edited by hvacr_tech; 10-15-10 at 01:13 PM.
    10-15-10 01:11 PM
    We have 25 phones on a business account with Rogers, and our sales rep flat out refuses to drop the $10.00 per month penalty. No torch for me for a while yet.
    i tried to and they wouldnt do anything about it, only ended up dropping it cuz it took me a very long time to get the phone
    10-15-10 02:52 PM
    I'm enjoying the heck out of my Torch so far. The build seems really solid but not sure where it was manufactured. Maybe Mexico 5?

Also picked up the pocket pouch and love how solid it is. Still have to tinker with my settings I think, because when in the holster I'm not hearing notifications.

PS - I did not receive a new sim card with it but my old one is working fine.
    I currently still use my old Bold 9000 case for my Torch and the notifications sound perfect, so it must be the settings you need to play with.

As for the SIM Card, its fine that your old one still works, but technically, they should have sent you another one when you do a hardware upgrade.

Its an amazing device, keep enjoying it. Its endless...
    10-18-10 03:19 PM
1,267 ... 495051
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD