the worst is when they tell you they have it in stock when you order it, and they hand it out to people who ordered after you and make you go on the back order list.
    i agree with Lauren. there is no rhyme or reason with the way they have handed out shipping confirmations....or is there? perhaps we need to dig a lil more to find the pattern? let me take a stab at this.

high-spend customer (>$70 monthly, cell only)? NO
    early HUP through retentions (within 24 months of exisiting 36 month contract) ? YES
    date and time of order? 10-1-11, 11am EST
    location? GTA
    order confirmation? YES
    shipping confirmation? NO
    order received? NO....HELLLLL no....that's why i'm here lol

are you guys following up by calling the retentions toll-free directly? I noticed the one guy who called 611. used to be priority, not the case anyore. best advice is to call retentions (aka CUSTOMER RELATIONS) for an update. dialing now....
    Last edited by the brother; 10-05-10 at 03:58 PM.
    10-05-10 02:24 PM
    I called relations, they told me nothing different than what track and trace told me
    10-05-10 02:28 PM
    Called Relations again..........

Folks.......the Blackberry Torch 9800 is officially out of stock.

She said "The good thing is that your order is on backorder, and you'll be one of the first to receive it" - Are you dumb?????????? i was one of the first to place my order and people who ordered after me already got their phones, so how is it "a good thing"............

i asked repeatedly to pick it up in store, but she said since its an early HUP, that I can't do that and I would have to pay full price for the phone if I went in store.......
    But she was nice enough to offer me an Iphone 4 or any other phone - ???? WTF?!?!? If i wanted another phone I would of ordered another phone.....

So If you ordered through relations and havent got your phone yet - well, its out of stock, time to wait for more stock, who knows when that'll come in.
    The get stock everyday but it could be tomorrow it could be 2 weeks - nobody knows..........We could be waiting a VERY long time for our phones...
    10-05-10 02:32 PM
    I got my shipment confirmation email from Rogers yesterday, although when i use the tracking number on UPS's site all is says is 'Billing Information Received'.

Will my order be filled? They can't say they are out of stock now that I have the email can they?
    I think that UPS is slow in updating their site, and your phone is on its way. At least its shipped, and your not waiting for stock.
    I would guess you get it today, worse case - tomorrow.
    10-05-10 02:33 PM
    Called Relations again..........

Folks.......the Blackberry Torch 9800 is officially out of stock.

She said "The good thing is that your order is on backorder, and you'll be one of the first to receive it" - Are you dumb?????????? i was one of the first to place my order and people who ordered after me already got their phones, so how is it "a good thing"............

i asked repeatedly to pick it up in store, but she said since its an early HUP, that I can't do that and I would have to pay full price for the phone if I went in store.......
    But she was nice enough to offer me an Iphone 4 or any other phone - ???? WTF?!?!? If i wanted another phone I would of ordered another phone.....

So If you ordered through relations and havent got your phone yet - well, its out of stock, time to wait for more stock, who knows when that'll come in.
    The get stock everyday but it could be tomorrow it could be 2 weeks - nobody knows..........We could be waiting a VERY long time for our phones...
    ugh! rogers. you suck!!
    10-05-10 02:38 PM
    Interestingly enough, I just got off the phone with them. They were overly pleasant and indicated that my Torch was released to the warehouse this afternoon. They told me a tracking number would be available if I called back after 8pm today. Otherwise, I should receive an email this evening. We'll see what happens. Shouds too good to be true to me. I ordered at 8:30 ET on Thurs Sept 30.
    10-05-10 02:40 PM
    called retentions and was provided a shipping waybill # with UPS. problem is this waybill # doesn't exist on their site...YET. the retentions agent said it's at the warehouse waiting for pickup by UPS and "might appear on ups.com today or tomorrow"...the drama continues lol.
    10-05-10 02:43 PM
    ugh! rogers. you suck!!
    AGREED

so from what i hear from others they are out of stock? When i ordered the phone they told me it was in stock, meaning when i ordered it, what the should have done is taken the phone and kept that aside for me.
    It makes absolutely no sense that if at the time i placed my order, it was in stock, that it could possibly be out of stock, and My order hasn't been shipped. BAD BAD BUSINESS TECHNIQUES ROGERS!
    10-05-10 02:44 PM
    business solutions told me that at the time ppl ordered their phones the system obviously said they were in stock when in fat it got to a point where tehy werent (acording to him the amount of stock they were told was sent didnt match up wih what was actully received, so to those of us who still dont have a tracking its because they dont have anything to send to ups
    10-05-10 02:44 PM
    called retentions and was provided a shipping waybill # with UPS. problem is this waybill # doesn't exist on their site...YET. the retentions agent said it's at the warehouse waiting for pickup by UPS and "might appear on ups.com today or tomorrow"...the drama continues lol.
    rogers doesnt get a tracking # until ups comes and get it....
    10-05-10 02:45 PM
    Interestingly enough, I just got off the phone with them. They were overly pleasant and indicated that my Torch was released to the warehouse this afternoon. They told me a tracking number would be available if I called back after 8pm today. Otherwise, I should receive an email this evening. We'll see what happens. Shouds too good to be true to me. I ordered at 8:30 ET on Thurs Sept 30.
    let us know!
    10-05-10 02:46 PM
    business solutions told me that at the time ppl ordered their phones the system obviously said they were in stock when in fat it got to a point where tehy werent (acording to him the amount of stock they were told was sent didnt match up wih what was actully received, so to those of us who still dont have a tracking its because they dont have anything to send to ups
    things like this make me veryyy verryyy upset... :@ :@
    10-05-10 02:46 PM
    I ordered my torch on Wednesday Sept 29th at like 2:30 pm, i called rogers yesterday and got transferred like 3 times and after an hour got to track and trace who then said hold one second and never came back after 10 mins of holding...i just want to cancel and pick up in store, why the **** did i order online??????? fml and rogers too!
    10-05-10 02:52 PM
    I am truly sorry for all the BS you guys are going through to get your Torches. My "2 year" date isn't until November 17th and all I did was go into my local Rogers store, they looked up my account and said "Yep, you're good to go". I walked out with my Torch twenty minutes later. And trust me, I don't spend a lot on my monthly bill ($65 inc tax) and have no other services with Rogers.

Why the heck are you guys getting the run-around? Not fair at all.
    10-05-10 03:11 PM
    got a confirmation email!!!! however, still not working on the UPS site lol...what gives?

anyone??
    Last edited by the brother; 10-05-10 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    10-05-10 03:55 PM
    got a confirmation email!!!! howwever, still not working on the UPS site lol...what gives?

anyone??
    I better get mine!!!
    10-05-10 03:56 PM
    Finally got mine! Now to get everything setup....
    10-05-10 03:57 PM
    it doesn't make sense that some people who placed their order after me have already received their devices. I placed my order before 9am on Thursday. As such, tomorrow will be day 5 of "3 to 5 business days". If I don't get it tomorrow, I will be one unhappy camper.

It's kind of ironic how so many of us who placed our orders through RETENTIONS are so upset with, and negatively affected by this BS.

A
    10-05-10 04:01 PM
    Hope you all enjoy your phone!!!
    Last edited by iloveyiyi; 10-05-10 at 07:49 PM.
    10-05-10 04:02 PM
    I ordered 2 Torches on September 30th from Rogers HU line. I was driving from Quebec City to Montreal and had the time to wait on hold (you know when you call you'll be on hold ) figuring both would be delivered about the time I got home to Kitchener. Ordered both no problem, got confirmation emails while still on the line. On Oct 1 I got a shipping confirmation email.....for ONE.
    So between Friday and Tuesday (today), I have spent over 4 hours on the phone trying to find out where my 2nd phone is. (luckily the 1 showed up today). After a whole pile of run around and 'maybe this happened' and "it should ship tomorrow" and you just need to wait 3-5 MORE business days for shipping confirmation" somebody finally told me they are out of stock. I too should just have gone to a store and walked out with both. I'm now looking at possibly a 15 plus day wait. Frustrating!!!
    10-05-10 04:11 PM
    Placed my order Oct 2 @ 8:30am Got my Tracking Number today Oct 5 @ 2:55pm.

The reason you don't see your tracking number on UPS after you get it is because they still have to go back to the warehouse and downlaod all the data that they've scanned.

A friend got his tracking number yesterday and got his phone today.

Fingers crossed for a delivery for me tomorrow!
    10-05-10 04:13 PM
    I drove all the way to waterloo from torornto at 10pm on riday pct 1 got the last torch got home tweaked it and started using it one day later it shakes evertime i touch the screen i swear i got a defected one no i have to go back tomorrow to replace it cant just go to rogers and replace such bull crap
    10-05-10 04:15 PM
    Placed my order Oct 2 @ 8:30am Got my Tracking Number today Oct 5 @ 2:55pm.

The reason you don't see your tracking number on UPS after you get it is because they still have to go back to the warehouse and downlaod all the data that they've scanned.

A friend got his tracking number yesterday and got his phone today.

Fingers crossed for a delivery for me tomorrow!
    Yeah i ordered mine on the first and FINALLY got my tracking number today.
    Since my tracking number isnt activated yet, i went on the UPS website and figured out that anything shipped today, from toronto(i hear there is a warehouse here) going to mississauga (where i live) is GUARANTEED to be delivered by Wednesday (tomorrow)

Although im upset i dont have the torch in my hands, this is alright because atleast I have a concreate answer, and i know my order is not on backorder, and I will be recieving it fairly shortly.

It looks like they send a batch of shipping confirmations out every night when UPS comes to pick up all the phones.

CANT wait to physically have my TORCH!!
    10-05-10 04:26 PM
    Just got off the phone with track and trace. My order has been DECLINED.
    On the phone with customer relations. Going to tear them a new one.
    10-05-10 04:41 PM
    hey guys, I just got mine now.. I heard that there's a delay, so don't get hopeless. And if people were wondering, no I didn't get an email confirmation.
    10-05-10 05:05 PM
1,267 ... 4041424344 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD