not sure if anyone saw this yet but rogers finally put the Torch on their website with other blackberries showing price and features.

http://www.rogers.com/web/link/wirel...+11+4294967111
    09-29-10 08:27 AM
    Anyone have any tips for me to get rogers/ customer service to let me get the upgrade 3 months early tomorrow?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-10 10:01 AM
    Like I've told you before, go to the store that know you best and get them to call for you. No guarantees of course, but that's what mine is doing. Gonna drop in this afternoon to see if they have a shipment at all.
    09-29-10 11:54 AM
    Anyone have any tips for me to get rogers/ customer service to let me get the upgrade 3 months early tomorrow?

call customer relations.. they will do it...
    they did it for me with 6 months left!

keep calling back if they reject you
    09-29-10 11:56 AM
    I called a rogers plus. they got their phones, but can't sell till tomorrow. A local FS has them too but can't sell either.
    09-29-10 11:57 AM
    call customer relations.. they will do it...
    they did it for me with 6 months left!

keep calling back if they reject you
    I was on the phone with my local Rogers girl on Friday and she checked online for me and said if I was eligible for a 9700 like you have, she couldn't see any reason why they would turn me down for the Torch. I fear that might not necessarily be the case as the 9700 was not brand new 6 months ago, but the Torch right now is.....
    09-29-10 12:02 PM
    I was on the phone with my local Rogers girl on Friday and she checked online for me and said if I was eligible for a 9700 like you have, she couldn't see any reason why they would turn me down for the Torch. I fear that might not necessarily be the case as the 9700 was not brand new 6 months ago, but the Torch right now is.....
    yah this was back when the 9700 first came out nov 4th 2009..
    09-29-10 12:08 PM
    yah this was back when the 9700 first came out nov 4th 2009..
    Ah - that's better then!
    09-29-10 12:12 PM
    I just got the number for relations so I'm going to give them a call right away.. Whenever I tried getting through before no one would let me but I finally found a nice person who gave me their number. Woo!
    09-29-10 12:13 PM
    I just got the number for relations so I'm going to give them a call right away.. Whenever I tried getting through before no one would let me but I finally found a nice person who gave me their number. Woo!
    you can just ask to be transferred there.. they have no problems doing that
    09-29-10 12:15 PM
    Has anybody actually gotten HUP pricing when calling in? I have called pretty much everyday hoping they have loaded pricing into the system for existing clients. I though that today, after seeing it actually on the website, they would have any answer for me, but still no dice. Anybody actually get confirmation of $199 pricing for HUP's?
    09-29-10 12:26 PM
    Just got off the phone, they are soo much nicer! She is going to give me the upgrade for the 3 yr contract, only thing is I have to get it from them and not at the store.. So I have to call back first thing in the morning and hopefully they have stock, if not i might have to wait a week.. I dont get why I cant get it in store though
    09-29-10 12:29 PM
    Just got off the phone, they are soo much nicer! She is going to give me the upgrade for the 3 yr contract, only thing is I have to get it from them and not at the store.. So I have to call back first thing in the morning and hopefully they have stock, if not i might have to wait a week.. I dont get why I cant get it in store though
    from my knowledge Rogers Office and stores are different entities...

when you get it from retentions they get some sorta points system so they need to send it to you because they are getting the "recognition" for signing you up for the 3 years..

if they let u get it in the store.. the store gets the credit for signing you up.. it's about business and where the $$ goes..

to us customers it's a pain..
    09-29-10 12:35 PM
    from my knowledge Rogers Office and stores are different entities...

when you get it from retentions they get some sorta points system so they need to send it to you because they are getting the "recognition" for signing you up for the 3 years..

if they let u get it in the store.. the store gets the credit for signing you up.. it's about business and where the $$ goes..

to us customers it's a pain..
    ahh I see.. but i'm so excited to get it tomorrow!!!!!
    09-29-10 12:40 PM
    That's what I'm afraid will happen to me tomorrow....if they have the Torches right there it's gonna be soooo hard!
    09-29-10 12:40 PM
    That's what I'm afraid will happen to me tomorrow....if they have the Torches right there it's gonna be soooo hard!
    I'm gonna call again after work, and say my phone just broke and I need a phone asap... see what they can do about me getting it in store tomorrow hahahaha!
    09-29-10 12:43 PM
    I'm gonna call again after work, and say my phone just broke and I need a phone asap... see what they can do about me getting it in store tomorrow hahahaha!
    Oooops!! I just dropped mine down the stairs - what a shame - now I REALLY need a new one at the store!
    09-29-10 12:46 PM
    Oooops!! I just dropped mine down the stairs - what a shame - now I REALLY need a new one at the store!
    yes! hahaha. Not sure how well this will work, but you never know until you try!
    09-29-10 12:51 PM
    anyone else call and have them say you can get the upgrade but have to do it through them? Wondering if theres a trick to get them to let you do it in store
    09-29-10 01:06 PM
    I just finished my phonecall with Rogers online. The representative I spoke to first, a CSR, was very helpful and he took off my 500mb data plan and added the 6gig data plan and then very nicely transferred me over to customer relations without any hassle.

Customer relations: Despite my account saying I have to wait for Nov 18th for an upgrade the rep I spoke to said I am FULLY qualified to upgrade to anything, even an iphone. I, of course, mentioned that I wouldn't want to downgrade my phone to an iphone. He chuckled. I have a reference # and a note was put in my file just in case. Tomorrow we'll find out for sure as I go to get my torch. He even said I could go into best buy if I really want to and put a $50 deposit down to make sure I get one.
    09-29-10 01:52 PM
    Yeah the girl I talked to gave me a reference number and put a note in my file. Didn't say anything about best buy though. Did he say you can get it in a store for sure??

09-29-10 01:54 PM
    100%. Didn't even mention having to purchase it through Rogers. I made it very clear that I would be going into any rogers or 3rd party store to pickup a torch and nothing would flag on my account saying I wasn't able to do this?

He said no, you will have no problems at all.
    09-29-10 02:00 PM
    Well I will be calling back!!

09-29-10 02:03 PM
    You can only go into a store and pick up your HUP if you are a legitimately up for an upgrade.

If customer relations had to work their magic to bump up your HUP up then you will have to order it directly through them.

Atleast that's what customer relations had always told me.
    09-29-10 02:09 PM
    Rikter said he can't upgrade till nov so they had to work their magic and he can still go in store and pick it up...

09-29-10 02:13 PM
1,267 ... 2728293031 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD