Miketko: find a corporate store in your area, not an individual owned/operated (forgot the technical term)

Cyphon21... don't accept a demo, get an unused one. Do you really want one that has been touched, manipulated and fondled by everyone that has come into the store?
    09-22-10 02:05 AM
    Just a quick Question, I am slightly under 2 years into my contract but because I am a "high revenue" acct with rogers, they told me over the phone that i can get a hardware upgrade to any phones available in their system....Can the same be done with the torch in store?? I am scared on friday I wont get mine
    09-22-10 03:16 AM
    Miketko: find a corporate store in your area, not an individual owned/operated (forgot the technical term)

Cyphon21... don't accept a demo, get an unused one. Do you really want one that has been touched, manipulated and fondled by everyone that has come into the store?
    Hmm, I suppose on friday when I call in I can always try to have them send me to a corporate owned store
    I wonder if I went into a store like "telephone both" had them call rogers to confirm the note on my file and then have them hook me up". HmMm

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-22-10 08:27 AM
    Hmm, I suppose on friday when I call in I can always try to have them send me to a corporate owned store
    I wonder if I went into a store like "telephone both" had them call rogers to confirm the note on my file and then have them hook me up". HmMm

The way you know it's a corporate store is if it's a Rogers plus. If it's not a Roger plus it's most likely privately owned

09-22-10 08:32 AM
    Just a quick Question, I am slightly under 2 years into my contract but because I am a "high revenue" acct with rogers, they told me over the phone that i can get a hardware upgrade to any phones available in their system....Can the same be done with the torch in store?? I am scared on friday I wont get mine
    Probably not.

Rogers Customer Relations can only note in the internal system that you are eligible for an early upgrade, but can't change the actual upgrade date (which is what the stores will see). So you'll have to call and get them to mail it to you.

Sucks, but I'm in the same boat.
    09-22-10 10:17 AM
    I think friday morning when i'm waitinf for the store to open then i'm going to call customer service, if they say they can mail it to be with the discounted price then i'll leave if not i'll continue to wait for the store to open
    09-22-10 12:33 PM
    I think friday morning when i'm waitinf for the store to open then i'm going to call customer service, if they say they can mail it to be with the discounted price then i'll leave if not i'll continue to wait for the store to open
    I was told by CS that if I had trouble getting one launch day to just call customer service and they would mail one out to me, hope that puts your mind more so at ease.
    09-22-10 12:50 PM
    Torch dummies showing up at rogers stores!!!! Looks like the 24th is a go!!!! Sweeeeeeett

09-22-10 01:41 PM
    Torch dummies showing up at rogers stores!!!! Looks like the 24th is a go!!!! Sweeeeeeett

ya thats awesome. this is why i stay with Rogers and dont move over to telus or bell.
    we shall see if CR can send one out to me on friday or ill try to get a rogers store to honor the note on my file.. its gonna be an interesting day hahha
    09-22-10 02:11 PM
    i had to call Rogers today to ask a couple questions, and after the gentleman answered my questions he made me aware that i'm eligible for a hardware upgrade. at which point i asked if the torch is still on track to be released on friday, to which he said yes, and said that its available as low as 199

...i know, i know another rogers rep story, but just thought i'd share with the class...
    09-22-10 05:53 PM
    i had to call Rogers today to ask a couple questions, and after the gentleman answered my questions he made me aware that i'm eligible for a hardware upgrade. at which point i asked if the torch is still on track to be released on friday, to which he said yes, and said that its available as low as 199

...i know, i know another rogers rep story, but just thought i'd share with the class...
    i wont ever get sick of hearing good news
    09-22-10 05:55 PM

So he said you're eligible. Is it 2 years since your last HUP, or are you a couple of months away - like me?
    09-22-10 05:59 PM
    Probably not.

Rogers Customer Relations can only note in the internal system that you are eligible for an early upgrade, but can't change the actual upgrade date (which is what the stores will see). So you'll have to call and get them to mail it to you.

Sucks, but I'm in the same boat.
    i was told when im at the store i can call CR from there and i can get a upgrade on the spot.
    09-22-10 06:00 PM
    Stopped by at a rogers plus store after work cause its 5 mins from my house (even tho I'm pretty confident rogers is gonna release the torch this friday) and asked the rep if the release of the torch was still on for friday, she CONFIRMED IT!!! with NO HESITATION!!! she seemed excited and couldnt wait either!! boy did i feel releved. (and yes I am aware I posted this in "my fellow canadians...." thread didnt realize at first I was posting it there. My intentions were to post in obviously this thread.)
    09-22-10 08:07 PM
    Stopped by at a rogers plus store after work cause its 5 mins from my house (even tho I'm pretty confident rogers is gonna release the torch this friday) and asked the rep if the release of the torch was still on for friday, she CONFIRMED IT!!! with NO HESITATION!!! she seemed excited and couldnt wait either!! boy did i feel releved. (and yes I am aware I posted this in "my fellow canadians...." thread didnt realize at first I was posting it there. My intentions were to post in obviously this thread.)
    nice. im pretty confident the 9800 will be out this friday my next worry is trying to get a rogers store to honor the upgrade note on my file with customer relations
    09-22-10 08:22 PM
    I went to my rogers store and wireless wave. No posters and no torch dummys

09-22-10 08:46 PM
    I called my buddy at the local rogers store. He has the dummy units already.
    09-22-10 08:50 PM
    nice. im pretty confident the 9800 will be out this friday my next worry is trying to get a rogers store to honor the upgrade note on my file with customer relations
    Im not worried I'm eligible for an hup, so Imma waltz right in with guns a blazing and say "I hear this is the place where Mr. 9800 is hiding aka Torch!! surrender him to me!!! or I will tear this place down" lol well something like that..
    09-22-10 09:29 PM
    I was told next week launch tonight from a Rogers Store locally, (Midland Ontario)
    09-22-10 09:33 PM
    I was told next week launch tonight from a Rogers Store locally, (Midland Ontario)
    Thats cause your so far north they need the extra week to truck it there. not surprised.. lol
    09-22-10 09:39 PM
    Here's the deal people:
    Rogers Plus (corporate stores) are going to receive the Torch first - not saying Best Buy or Wireless Wave aren't getting it Friday, just saying your best bet is your nearest Rogers Plus.

Next, different stores have different delivery schedules. A flagship store like Eaton Centre/Dundas Square might get shipments every day or 3 times a week. While a store in North Toronto, might only get two deliveries a week.

The Torch's are in the supply chain, how long it takes them to get to your nearest retailer of choice (be it Rogers Plus, Best Buy etc.) depends on that specific stores delivery schedule. Store's that get usual deliveries on Fridays should be seeing Torch's tomorrow. Stores that don't will probably have to wait until Monday.

Rogers isn't going to put the Torches on UPS trucks for 9 am delivery to every single storeand forgo their logistics infrastructure. Every store knows they are going to get it at a different time, depending on their usual delivery schedule, which is why there is so much confusion in this thread.
    09-22-10 10:27 PM
    So he said you're eligible. Is it 2 years since your last HUP, or are you a couple of months away - like me?
    About 4 years ago i signed a 3 year contract on a family plan with 2 Motorola flip phones. about 2 years into that i killed my flip phone and bought a Samsung windows mobile phone, about a year after that i bought my 8310, and then maybe 6 months later i got my 9700 for free through work.

SHORT ANSWER - i haven't been on contract for almost a year, so no upgrade issues for me.

because I'm going to be paying for it, and i will be "stuck" with the torch for at least 2 years, i want to make sure its what i want, so im going to hold off for a few weeks i think and see how it goes...but the earlier it gets out, the earlier i can hear how it does in Canada
    09-23-10 12:18 AM
    Yup - makes sense!
    09-23-10 12:31 AM
    Thats cause your so far north they need the extra week to truck it there. not surprised.. lol

Midland is FAR from being north :P it is "South Central" Ontario..

Though I do bet the local store does low volumes
    09-23-10 06:15 AM
    09-23-10 09:34 AM
1,267 ... 2526272829 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD