I also find it odd that the release date is suppose to be in 4 days yet the rogers website does not have any info on this device.
    www.rogers.com/torch

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-21-10 09:05 AM
    so i talked to rogers retention today and they are sending me a 9800 in the mail for $199. they said that retention receives new devices about 1 week or 2 later than the stores so i have to call them every day to find out if they received the phone so they can send it out to me. so basically my file reads that i am eligible for a torch at $199 but its up to me to call and have them send it to me.

does this sound strange to anyone?
    Was just about to post the same thing

Spoke to them last night (they're called "Customer Relations" now, not retention).
    She noted in my account that I was eligible for the early upgrade, and said that I would have to call on the day it arrives and they would mail it (nothing about them getting a week later). I asked if I could just pick up at a store and she said that isn't possible because they use a different system and she had no way of making the early upgrade available for them to see.
    09-21-10 09:18 AM
    Ah, but MY store is calling customer relations on my behalf and, if I'm eligible, they will just tell them. Of course, it still doesn't guarantee that I'll be able to actually get it from the store or have to have it mailed to me...
    09-21-10 09:30 AM

Spoke to them last night (they're called "Customer Relations" now, not retention).
    She noted in my account that I was eligible for the early upgrade, and said that I would have to call on the day it arrives and they would mail it (nothing about them getting a week later). I asked if I could just pick up at a store and she said that isn't possible because they use a different system and she had no way of making the early upgrade available for them to see.
    ohhh they better not tell me that, I wanna pick it up friday!!!!
    09-21-10 10:15 AM
    ohhh they better not tell me that, I wanna pick it up friday!!!!
    Don't think it's going to happen. I chatted with the Customer Relations person for a while (got an amazing plan out of her), and she said there was no way to update the system to allow me to buy in store.

If you can follow Jvictor's plan maybe you stand a chance
    I might pop into my local store and ask...
    09-21-10 10:37 AM
    Ya - you have to be creative - but in fairness, the store ppl did warn me I might not be able to get one of the store Torches...
    09-21-10 10:41 AM
    What if I tell them my phone doesn't work at all and I need a new phone asap. Then bring up the fact that I've almost been a customer for 10 yrs... OR what if I just go there on friday tell them customer service said I can get an early upgrade and that I can get one in the store.. I really don't want to wait longer hahahahaha

09-21-10 10:47 AM
    Well, none of us want to wait any longer - but I can't afford to buy it outright - unless I mire myself in more credit card debt - lol!
    09-21-10 10:51 AM
    What if I tell them my phone doesn't work at all and I need a new phone asap. Then bring up the fact that I've almost been a customer for 10 yrs... OR what if I just go there on friday tell them customer service said I can get an early upgrade and that I can get one in the store.. I really don't want to wait longer hahahahaha

I'd reword that when your talking to them... lol, how are you almost a customer? go to the store to sign up, but leave before actually signing? and been doing that repeatedly for 10 yrs?
    09-21-10 10:53 AM
    I've been with rogers for 9 years, almost 10.. I think it will be 10 yrs in december is what I mean hahaha

09-21-10 11:21 AM
    Rogers just emailed me saying the torch is coming soon

09-21-10 11:26 AM
    Just got an email notification from RIM - Torch coming "soon".....of course this is RIM, not Rogers, talking......sigh!! Don't think your emasil is from Rogers Lauren...
    09-21-10 11:39 AM
    Rogers just emailed me saying the torch is coming soon

we already knew that!! hehe way to go ROGERS!
    09-21-10 11:39 AM
    It said it was from rogers, but nothing showed up on my phone so I just deleted it

09-21-10 11:48 AM
    Mine is definitely from RIM - it doesn't show up very well on my Bold, so I went to my computer and now there seems to be an outage with all my Gmail accounts - damn!
    09-21-10 11:51 AM
    There is a button for "Where to Buy" for Canada. it takes you to a fomr you can fill out that notifies you by e-mail and asks who your carrier is......hope that is also a good sign.......waiting, waiting!!!
    09-21-10 12:29 PM
    Actually the Where to Buy button is for the States. If you hit the Canada one it says "get updates" - and hence the form you fill in. They are unable to say where in Canada you can buy as it's not anywhere yet!
    09-21-10 12:32 PM
    I'm trying to come up with a list of reasons why I need an upgrade haha, I might be on the phone with rogers for hours!
    09-21-10 01:06 PM
    Well wasn't the American release party like 2 weeks before the Torch came out?
    No, it happend on the weekend before the 12th of august.
    09-21-10 08:06 PM
    Well no early upgrade for me as I am eligible for an upgrade!!! Can't wait to go to best buy and pick up my shiny new Torch!!!
    09-21-10 08:27 PM

oh that's awesome.. hey if you dont mind add my pin and bbm me on friday if they are sending you one.. ill do the same. you never know with rogers, one rep will say they have it while they rep next to them will say they dont haha. I plan on calling at 8am
    09-21-10 11:07 PM
    Didnt read through all 44 pages, but it's this friday (24th) my local store is setting aside a demo hopefully, if I like it I will probably trade in my 4th replacement of my 9700 in 3 months
    09-21-10 11:43 PM
    Posted this in the other thread aswell thought I might share with you guys who aren't following the other one.

Ok guys not to scare anyone but.. I called this girl I deal with at a rogers store and asked her to update me on the Torch. She said they still aren't able to order the amount of phones they need for there store. She said usually when the ordering becomes available the phones arrive the following monday. She said her guess was its going to be delayed.

Lets all hope Rogers pulls off a miracle and actually spends money on same day shipping! haha cheap ********.
    09-22-10 12:48 AM
    Don't think it's going to happen. I chatted with the Customer Relations person for a while (got an amazing plan out of her), and she said there was no way to update the system to allow me to buy in store.

If you can follow Jvictor's plan maybe you stand a chance
    I might pop into my local store and ask...
    They are allowing me to buy in the store. I got her to note it. They have to follow their notes; so I got the reference number. It happened to me before where they noted the in store buy. It turned into a huge argument, but in the end they have to follow those notes and I got the phone

For all of the people thinking they are going to get it from CR a week or two after, good luck! I was waiting for 3 weeks after the Christmas rush in 09 for the bold 9000 that went on sale for a cent. They ended up sending me the 9700 because I bitched so much. Anyways, be one of the people that call and wait on hold from 7 am to get connected to someone at 8 if you really want it. One rep told me that they're anticipating a shortage similar to the iphone.
    09-22-10 12:50 AM
    I duno, CR told me that cause the stores are owned by independent ownerS they can't set up a pick up in store.
    This is my first time waiting on a release of a new device so I'm not sure if this is normal. Dates all over the place, no one confirming an actual date. Phones out in 2 days yet everyones all over the place lol

09-22-10 01:34 AM
1,267 ... 2425262728 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD