Lets wait and see....maybe we should wait for a Torch 4g soon....
    Last edited by gitchies; 09-08-10 at 02:05 PM.
    09-08-10 01:58 PM
    If you guys can't wait just go to Kijiji or Craigslist and you could get one for 600-700 new in unopened box. That way you are not tied to a contract with Rogers for another 3 years. There is also a re-seller in Mississauga selling the 9800 for 650 and he had lots of stock the last I checked
    09-08-10 02:19 PM
    Best buy is now accepting pre orders for the torch. I dont know when this came up, but i havent seen it until just now. Its on their website!
    09-08-10 02:41 PM
    Can't wait for the 24th either - but I don't know whether to get excited or go into patient mode, as I won't know till my store calls retentions and try for an early upgrade on my behalf. I'm only 2 months off the mark though....
    I'm in the same boat. Let's hope retention is in a good mood the day we call
    09-08-10 03:33 PM
    If you guys can't wait just go to Kijiji or Craigslist and you could get one for 600-700 new in unopened box. That way you are not tied to a contract with Rogers for another 3 years. There is also a re-seller in Mississauga selling the 9800 for 650 and he had lots of stock the last I checked
    Some of us can't afford to put out that kind of money in one go, so the contract makes sense even if buying it outright makes it cheaper in the long run...
    09-08-10 04:00 PM
    Best buy is now accepting pre orders for the torch. I dont know when this came up, but i havent seen it until just now. Its on their website!
    Don't know how you missed it - it was all over Crackberry a few days ago!
    09-08-10 04:01 PM
    I'm in the same boat. Let's hope retention is in a good mood the day we call
    I doubt it - they'll probably be swamped with all of us trying to pull the same stunt!
    09-08-10 04:03 PM
    I've never waited so much for a phone like this one,
    question: do you know if Retention Department is opened 24 hrs ?

asking because want to know if I should call them on the night of the 23 at midnight of at 8am or 9am in the morning of the 24th...
    09-09-10 07:24 AM
    Don't know how you missed it - it was all over Crackberry a few days ago!
    Really? I totally missed that, i was all happy to be the first to mention it! oh well... i guess thats just too bad!
    09-09-10 08:51 AM
    Really? I totally missed that, i was all happy to be the first to mention it! oh well... i guess thats just too bad!
    No problem - the important thing is that you got to know about it - IF you want to pre-order!
    09-09-10 12:14 PM
    Hey all, Does anyone know why there's talk of Best Buy not having the Torch available until the 26th, is this just a bad rumor? When I pre ordered mine two days ago the manager assured me it will be in the morning of the 24th, unless an official date is pushed back... any truth to this rumor?
    09-09-10 12:49 PM
    I've never waited so much for a phone like this one,
    question: do you know if Retention Department is opened 24 hrs ?

asking because want to know if I should call them on the night of the 23 at midnight of at 8am or 9am in the morning of the 24th...
    They're not 24 hours. I believe they close at around 7EST.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-10 06:20 PM
    Is anyone having any luck with getting information from retailers?

I'm trying to find out which stores will have stock on the 24th, and some stores aren't even aware its being released on the 24th, let alone if they are going to have stock.

Best Buy and Future Shop won't sell me one unless I'm upgrading and extending my contract or purchasing with a new contract, but I currently have a contract and don't want to extend it.

I'm looking for stores in the GTA
    09-10-10 03:56 PM
    Is anyone having any luck with getting information from retailers?

I'm trying to find out which stores will have stock on the 24th, and some stores aren't even aware its being released on the 24th, let alone if they are going to have stock.

Best Buy and Future Shop won't sell me one unless I'm upgrading and extending my contract or purchasing with a new contract, but I currently have a contract and don't want to extend it.

I'm looking for stores in the GTA
    The guy I dealt with at best buy told me it was no problem if I wanted to buy it with no contract. That was the sherway location. Probably depends on who you deal with.

09-10-10 11:06 PM
    Hey all, Does anyone know why there's talk of Best Buy not having the Torch available until the 26th, is this just a bad rumor? When I pre ordered mine two days ago the manager assured me it will be in the morning of the 24th, unless an official date is pushed back... any truth to this rumor?
    100% Rumor..
    09-11-10 08:50 AM
    The guy I dealt with at best buy told me it was no problem if I wanted to buy it with no contract. That was the sherway location. Probably depends on who you deal with.

cberryrob, I suspect 95% of the Rogers stores will have inventory. What's your concern? That some will get and others wont?
    09-11-10 08:52 AM
    Hey guys I was already told on the day of announcement that Rogers would get it on the 24th that a store near where I live would be getting the phone and that they do have it in stock.
    I dealt with a guy straight from CS. His name was Will if no one believes me. Dude was even nice enough to tell me how much it would cost with the phone activation fee and my plan.
    I told him that ever since the phone was released he was the most helpful person I had dealt with.
    Hope this helps you guys.
    09-11-10 02:58 PM
    Ahhh yesss its been a while since I have wrote anything on the crackberry forums but I just couldnt resist I had to contribute to the plethera of torch comments. First and foremost I have been a blackberry user ever since the first pearl came out and since have had almost every bb device i could get my hands on...curve, javelin,bold 9000,even unlocked a storm 2 from telus for a few weeks but just couldnt get use to having an unlocked phone and then went to my current device the 9700. However no phone has excited me as much as the torch...sure its not the greatest phone hardware wise out there but for a real blackberry user its a huge upgrade from what we are use to. Luckily the last phone i purchased on contract was my curve so im eligable for an upgrade come october but have already talked to a rep that I deal with and will be able to pick the torch up as soon as the 24th comes around. Super excited and really hope that it rolls out with the .214 os update. Cant get better then having bout a touchscreen and a physical keyboard that were all use to in my opinion. Heres to hoping that myself and everyone else waiting for the torch have waited wisely and get treated to a phone we all enjoy!
    09-11-10 11:52 PM
    Hey guys
    12 more days to go wooohooo.
    I was gonna mention something though that was mentioned in the post above this one.
    Im assuming the update for OS6 will be available right away but assuming it wouldn't be crackberry has one up right?
    09-12-10 10:45 AM
    i hope i can find a location in kingston that will be able to give me a torch on the 24th, im on a corporate plan and most places i go say im not in their system
    09-12-10 11:00 AM
    Hey Guys major update.
    After work today which was @ 4pm Est I went to the Futureshop right beside my work and I asked one person about any information on the Torch and he had tons of info on it and I knew that I could trust this guys answer to the next question cause he knew about everything on this device which was the same amount of knowledge I had (thanks to crackberry). So I asked him if I could pre-order the phone and without a second thought sure enough the guy took me to the register and I put down $30 and he told me that on the 24th I just make my way down to the store and I pay the remainder of the phone's price and it'll be on hold waiting for me. If you can guys go to your nearest Futureshop and see what you can do.
    09-12-10 07:30 PM
    Hey Guys major update.
    After work today which was @ 4pm Est I went to the Futureshop right beside my work and I asked one person about any information on the Torch and he had tons of info on it and I knew that I could trust this guys answer to the next question cause he knew about everything on this device which was the same amount of knowledge I had (thanks to crackberry). So I asked him if I could pre-order the phone and without a second thought sure enough the guy took me to the register and I put down $30 and he told me that on the 24th I just make my way down to the store and I pay the remainder of the phone's price and it'll be on hold waiting for me. If you can guys go to your nearest Futureshop and see what you can do.
    Is this going to be unlocked or an upgrade through your carrier?
    09-12-10 08:59 PM
    is it the 24th yet? lol
    09-13-10 02:27 AM
    Hey Guys major update.
    I am wondering is it possible to refund the deposit when i get the phone or cancel the pre-order? by the way, i put down $50 in best buy for deposit. why futureshop only need $30 for deposit??

P.S. sorry, i didn't pre-order any phone before, and i forget to ask the rep about the deposit thing.
    09-13-10 06:49 AM
    So last night before I went to bed, I spent a bit of time reading up on some CB forums - only to get annoyed at how most of the posts in the Torch section always end up the same way - nevertheless, I was reading this thread and got really excited to get the Torch.

Then I went to bed.....and had one of the most jacked up dreams.

I dreamt that Kevin & I were best friends and that a week before the launch for Rogers, a bunch of members from CB met up with the CB team for a pre-celebration party.

At the party Kevin gave out 6 Torches to random people - but because we're BFFs he put one aside for me and told me to 'test it out for a week' then give it back when I get my own. I was so happy....

Then I woke up and cried a little because it was just a dream.....
    09-13-10 06:54 AM
1,267 ... 2122232425 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD