I just went to the rogers store and they told me it will be out on the 15th. I'm going to confirm with few other stores here.
    Rogers reps have no idea when they are coming in. If they tell you a date, 9 times out of 10 they are just speculating. I worked for Rogers at a corporate store and we literally find out the launch date a day or 2 before the actual launch.
    09-02-10 11:44 PM
    I went into Rogers today here in Saskatoon, SK after seeing the release date posted on this forum.

The guy at Rogers told me he could not confirm any dates other than the company line, "Rogers will be getting the phone", however. I took that opportunity to open the Rogers.com website on the demo iphone4 present and showed him; he really had no clue. What a meat head. There must be a REAL disconnect between what HQ knows and what information is shared with their local offices. Brutal.
    Rogers keeps the store employees in the dark, its an absolute mess. It was the most frustrating thing in the world to work for them. I had to get all of my info from sites such as crackberry because Rogers does not know how to communicate with their employees.
    09-02-10 11:47 PM
    Uh....Rogers already announced that the release date is Sept 24th.

And on a related note, I don't understand what's the big deal with being on a contract. Maybe because I don't have any committment issues - =P - but I figure if I'm gonna be using a phone for the next 2-3 years, who cares if I'm on a contract or not. I might as well be on a contract, get the benefits of lower priced handsets and have the option of upgrading every year or two. That's right I said 1 (one) year to 2 (two) years.

AML around where I live has started a program where you can pay $100 extra when activating/renewing your contract to be able to upgrade in 1 (one) year vs. waiting for 2 (two).

I think 1-2 years is perfect for staying with current models and having a new toy sooner.
    My feelings exactly......
    09-03-10 12:20 AM
    Rogers keeps the store employees in the dark, its an absolute mess. It was the most frustrating thing in the world to work for them. I had to get all of my info from sites such as crackberry because Rogers does not know how to communicate with their employees.
    I have been a witness to that in the last couple of days - so sad.....
    09-03-10 12:23 AM
    Rogers data cancellation fees are $5/month for each remaining month, minimum $25 and maximum $100, not $200.
    Would the voice fee be $400 or max $200?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-03-10 12:58 AM
    There's so many people commenting on this thread it's so hard to keep up with it now
    09-03-10 01:43 AM
    so finally for the first time with dealing with Rogers CS on the phone a man named Will told me that the Rogers store near my house will have the phone in stock the day of the launch. He was also nice enough to tell me how much with tax I would need to spend for the phone nicluding activation fee.
    Thanks Will you just kept me with Rogers for 3 more years.
    Needles to say im going to that store at 5 in the morning waiting 2 hours for it to open then buying the damn phone muwahahaha.
    Hope you guys are finding the same thing for a store nearby you.
    09-03-10 04:45 AM
    Once i wake up on the 24th I'll be calling customer service and making sure they let me get an early upgrade lol
    09-03-10 08:14 AM
    Just read on another website the Bell Torch will be 599$ without contract...can't imagine Rogers offering a better price

Source:
    http://www.boygeniusreport.com/2010/09/03/bell-mobility-blackberry-torch/#more-60100
    Last edited by Tito71; 09-03-10 at 11:49 AM.
    09-03-10 11:45 AM
    Just read on another website the Bell Torch will be 599$ without contract...can't imagine Rogers offering a better price

Source:
    Bell Mobility to launch BlackBerry Torch too � Boy Genius Report
    Actually, if you look closely, everyone has the same price/contract. So i guess that, like with everything else, its really going to be exactly the same deal whoever you're with...
    So much for competition dragging prices down.
    Last edited by Boisvertc; 09-03-10 at 03:56 PM.
    09-03-10 03:54 PM
    if everyone is getting annoyed by rogers just do what i did, go to best buy and pre-order the torch they obviously know when its coming out!!!
    09-04-10 03:26 PM
    if everyone is getting annoyed by rogers just do what i did, go to best buy and pre-order the torch they obviously know when its coming out!!!
    Did the people at best buy know what you were talking about when you asked to pre order the torch?

09-04-10 03:41 PM
    Did the people at best buy know what you were talking about when you asked to pre order the torch?

i went to the best buy today. and the rep said i can not buy the torch without contract.....damn
    09-04-10 05:56 PM

Ya he knew exactly what i was talking about, at first tho he asked his manager and his manager said "yeah we are no prob, just get his name number and so on!!" but he did ask me if i was upgrading i told him "yes" (im due for un upgrade anyway) guess they have to make sure. I dont think you can buy the phone right out tho not sure.
    09-04-10 07:30 PM
    i went to the best buy today. and the rep said i can not buy the torch without contract.....damn
    my BB was unsure if if you could buy it out or not. They still let me pre-order anyways.
    09-04-10 08:12 PM
    Rogers data cancellation fees are $5/month for each remaining month, minimum $25 and maximum $100, not $200.
    I could not find this data on the website,
    Rogers Calls it a ECF, and I see very little detail given, Bell gives crazy amounts of data that you are bombarded with and you get confuses.
    09-04-10 08:13 PM
    my BB was unsure if if you could buy it out or not. They still let me pre-order anyways.
    really???!! I asked that rep twice. she still doesn't let me pre-order the touch. she said I can not buy it without contract......

i will check out another best buy tomorrow then.
    09-06-10 08:54 AM
    I'd go to another store, I preordered mine, the guy told me I could buy it full price, but he misunderstood my question. I was asking for a sealed device, he said they have to put the SIM in to confirm it works, oh well, not the end of the world. I'm number 2 on the list, so I'm happy.

09-07-10 08:40 AM
    I'd go to another store, I preordered mine, the guy told me I could buy it full price, but he misunderstood my question. I was asking for a sealed device, he said they have to put the SIM in to confirm it works, oh well, not the end of the world. I'm number 2 on the list, so I'm happy.

ohh very jealous!!! I have to get mine from customer service so who knows when i'll get mine
    09-07-10 02:17 PM
    16 days, just so you guys know!
    09-08-10 11:34 AM
    16 days, just so you guys know!
    How many minutes is that?
    09-08-10 11:36 AM
    well....

Lets say the store opens at 9am.. and they are selling the store right when they open... then it would be..

oh I lied apparently
    15 Days
    381 Hours
    22875 minutes
    1372522 seconds
    09-08-10 11:44 AM
    Oh God....oh God!

I can't wait!
    09-08-10 12:09 PM
    Can't wait for the 24th either - but I don't know whether to get excited or go into patient mode, as I won't know till my store calls retentions and try for an early upgrade on my behalf. I'm only 2 months off the mark though....
    09-08-10 12:40 PM
    Just wondering if any of us 9700 hup users have a change at getting a 9800 hup early price... I will have to call retention on the 24 in the morning...crossing my fingers

09-08-10 12:51 PM
1,267 ... 2021222324 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD